+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cancel Your Live Feed Subscription! (Superpass)

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    What about all the late-night talks of the Friendship in the HOH room?
    I tried my best not to listen to that.

But you're right, the conversations got X-rated pretty often. Lots of foul language this season too...I was thinking more about the visual than audio for some reason.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    [QUOTE=user name]Actually, I thought it was just because I'd temporarily allowed popups, but the bombardment of adware I got (and can't get rid of) did coincide with BB.

User name, I can't get rid of it either!! It is programmed to reload everytime you reboot your computer. I do a spyscan and delete it out, restart the computer, do another spyscan...and there it is again!!! There's like fifteen different adware programs...the biggest offender of which seems to be "casalemedia".

I agree, the houseguests this year had the foulest mouths. And they did talk about some hardcore stuff too. It was entertaining most of the time, once you got past the fact that nearly all of them had very few redeeming qualities.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Luckily my Norton Utilities blocked the adware. It was awful on my last computer -- I'd log on in the morning and desktop would be littered with new icons and my browser completely changed! I'd delete the new programs, but they'd still come back like cockroaches.
    I finally had to reinstall my operating system. That's nasty, nasty stuff.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

It's amazing how much better my computer runs after deleting Real Player. I've always had a problem with it for some reason.

Darn, maybe it's Yahoo's fault too. I had to disable existing blockers and virus protection programs when I installed their browser. It seems to have the capacity to detect the adware, just not to block it from being downloaded. It blocks pop-ups okay, but the adware is far worse than any pop-up ever was.

However it got through...it has now attached itself to the Internet Explorer browser I no longer use. I tried to delete that browser entirely, but Windows wouldn't let me. So now I have Yahoo blocking pop-ups at the same time Internet Explorer is loading them. To add a pop-up blocking tool to the IE requires me to download MORE adware.

I thought to just switch back to the IE browser, but Yahoo makes that tough to do, the mail...bookmarks, etc. I'm a different kind of computer nerd, any help would be appreciated. Is there a "computer questions" thread on this site? Think I'll follow candor's lead...and this time try out Mozilla.

Man, I just did some venting...gotta say, it felt good! REAL-ly!!

Anybody else get an email from Real last night wanting you to fill out a survey about the live feeds this year? Several questions asked about how much I'd like to be able to replay both the TV episodes along with live feed content. Interesting...I wonder if they will make it available to rewatch?

I'd love to go back and see some things in the beginning that I missed...

I didn't get an e-mail like that. How ironic, that I would have liked to recieve. They can bombared me with adware, but can't send an e-mail for my feedback about the enormous hassle they gave me and my poor, weary computer.

AS for the solution, to anyone who has residual effects of the BB feeds, I have 2 words for you:

Mozilla Firefox

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoeBoy
    I'm thinking of getting the feeds next year. Was it the sound quality that was bad or was it the video?
    Video can get choppy when everyones watching at the same time

the only problem with sound was sometimes it was too quitet and then it would get really loud with fish

1) they turned to fish too much
    2) we lost the food competitons
    3) Blackouts were disgraceful
    4) they never really had good camera rotation, cameras on empty rooms, or same conversations etc.!

But overall DEFINITELY worth the money for me! Like, even with the fiendship running the house; i loved the live feeds! amaazing! Well i thought it was a good year though... so i guess my judgement isn't unanimous!

FORT Fogey
    I finally got my system cleaned up. Between the newest version of Mcafee and Virtumundobegone, all that adware crap is now history.

Good grief I was on the phone for 11 mins trying to cancel my live feeds. What a bunch of crap I had to listen to. I hope you all have better luck. I don't think I'll be getting them next year. The transcribers do such a good job theres really no need for it. The flames and the music was a bit much. I know this is crazy but does anyone else feel kinda down and depressed? I can't believe I let this show get to me like this it's pathetic. I wonder if they would let me talk to Dr Zachery?

+ Reply to Thread