+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have the house guests been told?

Have the house guests been told?

I'm been so tied up with what is going on in my hometown (New Orleans) that I haven't kept up with the feeds. Have the house guests been told about what is going on down there? I think they should as they may have family/friends in some of the affected areas.

toothdoc

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    They have not been told. If someone they love is hurt or something happens like that then the Producers will tell them. But only if it affects them directly. When Sept 11th happened - they told them only b/c one of the HQ's lost someone in the Twin Towers. So unless something bad happens that affects them personally and directly then they don't tell them anything. The family would notify a specific person at CBS to say hey, tell my brother so and so died in the Hurricane. Something like that.

What's odd is that two of the hamsters (Janelle and Beau) had nightmares that their homes had been hit by a hurricane about 2 days before Katrina hit. But they're in FL, and assumedly their families weren't affected.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    I'm been so tied up with what is going on in my hometown (New Orleans) that I haven't kept up with the feeds. Have the house guests been told about what is going on down there? I think they should as they may have family/friends in some of the affected areas.

toothdoc
    No they havent ... the producers are probably in touch with their families and know whether or not they have anyone in the house who would be effected by it.

The other BB house didnt tell those contestants about 9/11 right away either.

FORT Fogey
    Toothdoc:

They have not been told what happened with Katrina as of yet. Since it didn't affect anyone related to them apparently, there probably was no reason within the boundaries of the game to do so. They only did that after 9/11, and that was only because one of the houseguests (Monica) had a cousin killed in the towers.

While common sense would say they should be told, remember that "BB" is technically a game show (as are many reality shows), and there are strict laws concerning game shows that date back to the scandals of the 1950's. The producers have to be very careful of that when they do in that regard.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i wonder when they'll tell them? after the finale? i kinda wish they would let us see their reactions. i wonder if any of them will be angry that they were kept in the dark about it? i could ivette being one of those people.

FORT Regular
    I believe they agree at the beginning to the terms of the show. Including not knowing what is going on in the outside world. Housecalls had an interesting interview with one of the producers (I believe last week) that explained this.

My ox is broken. Colin in TAR5

I wonder if the sequesterd guests have this information? If not, why not? Possibility of one of them going back in maybe?

I'm been so tied up with what is going on in my hometown (New Orleans)
    They have not been told what happened with Katrina as of yet
    oh toothdoc sorry to hear is your home town. hope all is well and your family was not still there.
    i really think bb is out of line by nto telling them something this big. i know there is to be no contact with outside world but come on, this is big! i think they should have been told.

So sorry toothdoc, our prayers are with you. I have relatives in Kenner and thankfully they are OK. I agree that the HGs should be told when it is something important like that, rules or no rules I would want to know. When 911 happened it was impossible for me to watch BB until they told them just because of the trivial stuff they were arguing about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast