+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Live Feed Recap, 9/3/05: Morph This, Bitches!

Live Feed Recap, 9/3/05: Morph This, Bitches!

Bless the cold hearts at CBS for blocking the feeds since Thursday. We didn’t need to see any extra footage of Howie sleeping in the HOH bedroom. We didn’t need to see Ivette get her flipping HOH room, and we certainly didn’t want one minute of extra footage of Holly’s visit to the Big Brother 6 House. Who needs another night of the Nerd Herd huddled together in the HOH room, cursing Janelle for her grave sin of being a formidable competitor? But that’s what we ponied up the cash for, CBS!

While We Were Sleeping With the Fishes
    • Ivette nominated Janelle and Howie for eviction.
    • The Power of Veto competition was played on Saturday night; it was the morphing faces competition. Who could forget these ugly mugs from last year?
    • When the feeds returned from their long hiatus, Janelle was wearing the veto necklace. Her time of 2:30 was far ahead of the next closest time.

Enough Trash Talk to Fill a Garbage Barge

The feeds came back on late, around 11:00 P.M., but it was instantly apparent the hamsters had just finished the veto competition. They all grabbed snacks from the kitchen, but fled to their respective corners to discuss the night’s events. The Nerd Herd regrouped in the HOH room, while Howie and Janelle clustered in the gold room with Howie’s light sabers.

It’s a longshot, but Howie and Janelle discuss possibilities to save Howie on eviction night: if they can convince April to flip sides with the argument that she stands a better chance against one of the Sovereigns, or to convince Ivette that April was genuinely gunning for her the fifth week. Howie is on fire with enthusiasm, but Janelle is looking sadder by the moment as it sinks in that her win has sealed Howie’s fate. She hugs him several times and says that she’s sorry, but Howie doesn’t want to hear it. He tells her she smoked the house in the competition while he had the slowest time, over nine minutes. He does his best to build her up, saying she’s great for the game because she’s cute, athletic, smart, and America loves her.

Janelle tells Howie she doesn’t understand why they hate her so much. She admits she doesn’t like Ivette and the rest of them, but she says she’s never done anything to them. Why do they hate her so much? Howie can’t answer, but tells her they are not normal people. He points out that if anyone had gone off on him the way he did on April, he’d never speak to those people ever again. Instead, he finds himself being told that they all love him and are sorry to see him go.

On the other side of the house, the trash talking went on long into the night, but there was little strategic of value to any of it. The three remaining Cappy Shriners railed against Janelle, but also against the BB producers, handlers, set designers, you name it. I can’t remember a season where the houseguests were so openly hostile about the Big Brother crew and staff as these hamsters are; they cuss and complain about every aspect of their lives, but it goes beyond the discomforts of being confined in the house. They are convinced the staff hates them and is putting obstacles in their path. Why they can’t see that numbers-wise they have had a clear advantage for weeks is beyond me. It’s like they expected to take out their enemies first without challenge, then decide over tea and crumpets who should win the million dollars.

After repeatedly mentioning their sessions in the DR, and complaining that the producers are trying to plant seeds of doubt in their heads, the fish tanks came on for about a minute. While we were watching fish, they were being admonished by one of the producers personally (not a pre-recorded voice) for continuing to discuss their DR sessions. When the feeds came back, Maggie, Ivette and April were laughing about their naughty behavior. They told the rats in the walls that they hate them. HATE them. Take that, Big Brother!

Rather than recap every vile conversation of the night, why not make another list? Let’s call this one...

Crack in the Water Supply?

* Since Janelle won POV, April, Maggie and Ivette have turned maudlin about Howie and have told him many times that they love him, while also getting in jabs against Janelle’s character for not saving Howie.

* April’s “heart is breaking” because Howie needs the money more than Janelle and will “do more good” with it than Janelle would.

* Maggie thinks Janelle knew from watching previous seasons to not make friends in the house. In other words, she thinks Janelle made no friends, and she thinks they are superior to the game for making friends.

* Ivette thinks Janelle hates her because she’s a lesbian.

* Maggie, Ivette and April think Janelle had an unfair advantage because she watched the show before.

* April is convinced Big Brother let Janelle try several times at the competition so that she could get the winning time.

* April and Ivette both think Janelle had an unfair advantage because she stares at the memory wall and stares at people.

* Ivette asked Howie if Janelle was playing to win “the five hundred” as if it were a dirty move. Howie sputtered for a moment then asked Ivette who could say they weren’t in the game to win the money? No one!

* Earlier, Janelle says she was surprised she won because it was a hard competition. Maggie tells April privately that when Janelle was humble about her win she showed that she’s a “bad person” who “never thinks about how anyone in the house feels.”

* April was offended when Janelle, trying to be sympathetic, said she was sorry that her winning the POV meant April was probably going on the block. April was incensed that Janelle told her she knew how it felt because she had been on the block four times.

* Ivette, Maggie and April are suspicious that Janelle knows the names of all the handlers and producers. Then they take it a step further and say Janelle must have performed sexual favors to whoever set up the veto competition.

* April claims that Janelle told her she and Michael had sex several times in the house. Then she qualifies it by saying she thinks Janelle was lying to her at the time. (If you didn’t know - Janelle didn’t have anything to report to April, and it’s not like she would tell April anything in the first place.)

* Maggie thinks they (the “friendship”) are nicer to Janelle than her family and friends are.

* April declares in hushed tones that just the other day, Janelle was wishing she could take a trip. And the next thing you know, she has won a trip to the Bahamas from the second gold safe! They are all stricken with the “coincidence.” It doesn’t seem to occur to them that they have all talked about doing things outside the house.

* April swears that she’s “not going to be annoying” this week. Ivette comments irritably that she’s already got a good start on it. Can you see any of these “friends” exchanging Christmas cards in a year? They can barely stand each other at this point.
    Last edited by hepcat; 09-04-2005 at 05:44 AM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

It’s like they expected to take out their enemies first without challenge, then decide over tea and crumpets who should win the million dollars.
    That's a good take on their attitude. Their sense of entitlement just kills me.

Where is all this nastiness towards Janelle coming from? It's just disgusting....
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    Where is all this nastiness towards Janelle coming from? It's just disgusting....
    It's because Janie keeps on winning. Some people just have to bring down the winners to make themselves feel better about losing. Like last night, my school had their first football game, which we won. A group of us were walking to get ice cream after the game, and someone from the other school drove past and yelled that our school sucked a part of the anatomy that I'm not going to mention, which was totally uncalled for. You'd think college students would be more mature than that, but then again, the "Freakship" are even older than I am, and we all know how they act.

(I just wanted to add that I've read every single recap - especially now that I'm away at college and without a TV - and I'd rather read this than see another second of the Freaks. Thanks a bunch, Hepcat!)
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the recap hep! Ugh, the Fiendship is so annoying!

Ggrrrreeeeaaaattt recap Hepcat! I cant believe how much went on last night.
    You should really email CBS the Dear CBS letters - excellent work, you expressed my feelings!

Nominations done and POV played! Wow, are they excellerating the show?

(Do you think eviction is still Thursday? What is the schedule from here on to the end? When is the end? Can we hope for Howie to be saved? After listening to the Housecall show with the producer on, they claim NOT to interfear with the Hamsters, humm? I wonder? Oh please Oh please CBS INTERFEAR - or let America Vote for the winner! Or perhaps in the safe we could find something to help Howie and Janie?)
    Support the FORT - Go Green

to the wonderful Heppy, whom I can always count on for up-to-the-minute live feed recaps. I swear I don't know how you do it, I'm just glad you do!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Thanks Hepcat!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Thanks for the recap, I am sure it was painful to write all the hate those freaking crapettes are spewing...I am TOO sick of them and hope Janelle takes the prize. Like night and day to see the 2 groups interact.

Thank you hepcat, your recaps really are more entertaining than watching the show.
    Psych Nurse

I still want to marry you, Hepcat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast