Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CBS Blocking Feeds 9/2-9/3?

You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Melissab73
    What links can we use to pull up the Feeds and not get Fish?
    None, now. It wasn't that they didn't get fish, they didn't get the message from Realplayer that the feeds were blocked. Now they all get fish.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Nope, they are on the West coast. It's 8:48 in the BB house (you posted 40 minutes ago).

WOAH. I just saw a glimpse of someone, the secret guest?
    I meant to say 8:08 BB time, but it's Friday and I'm way too tired to do intricate math problems

You always catch me. Next time I'll use a calculator!

Plot twist......

I wonder if the fact that the "black out" message says that the feeds are blacked out until tomorrow so that the new "Plot Twist" is not revealed is significant.

It caught my eye because if it is just another eviction and hoh comp,then that is not really a "twist"...seeing we know that is supposed to be happening. Maybe there really is something going on that is a twist and justifies this black out (not that I agree with it but I won't mind as much if it is something really shocking and not predictable).

Such as: Howie stays HOH for the next nominations.
    Holly joins the game.
    The third safe is open with an extra GPOV?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets19
    I wonder if the fact that the "black out" message says that the feeds are blacked out until tomorrow so that the new "Plot Twist" is not revealed is significant.

It caught my eye because if it is just another eviction and hoh comp,then that is not really a "twist"...seeing we know that is supposed to be happening. Maybe there really is something going on that is a twist and justifies this black out (not that I agree with it but I won't mind as much if it is something really shocking and not predictable).
    I suppose that's possible, but they put up the same message last time they blocked the feeds, and there was no significant twist...not even something as "surprising" as Holly's visit.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Darn, I didn't know they put up the message last time....too bad.

FORT Fogey
    At least this time, we knew this was coming:

Howie noted accidentally at the end of last night's show he actually is only the HOH for 24 hours when he asked Julie that question.

Obviously, this can be all attributed to very poor planning by "BB" producers and/or CBS. What CBS should have done was have a live eviction this week on Tuesday (instead of Thursday for reasons mentioned elsewhere) and then had live evictions next week on Tuesday AND Thursday. That would have solved the problem.

I called Real and cancelled my feeds. Told them I was not getting what was advertised with CBS, 24/7 feeds. Got a month free. Still very frustrated.

Did anyone else realize that they are airing different things on the feeds while they're down? Cam1 shows House Calls, Cam 2 Special Guests and Cam3 shows Old Episodes, and Cam 4 and the QuadCam show just fish.

So you can still get a little bit of a fix while they're down.

When you signed up for the feeds there were all kinds of disclaimers on every page that told you that CBS reserved the right to block portions of the feeds to maintain the integrity/secrecy of certain game events. Perhaps people didn't bother reading the small print?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    When you signed up for the feeds there were all kinds of disclaimers on every page that told you that CBS reserved the right to block portions of the feeds to maintain the integrity/secrecy of certain game events. Perhaps people didn't bother reading the small print?
    You are right, but that is of little comfort to those who signed for the feeds (of which I was NOT one). That's something CBS should have realized, even though I know why this had to be done in this case.

I do know if I'm at Real Networks (who's RealPlayer CBS uses for the live feeds), I make it clear to CBS and "BB" producers in the future because of the complaints that were received during the two blackouts, if CBS and "BB" wants to use Real Networks they must make the feeds available 24/7 no matter what even if it means having to change the eviction schedule on the show to prevent future blackouts (I'm sure Real Networks probably has had to give free months of service and offer refunds to many more people than on this board).

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast