+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One million dollar prize.

xSKATExORxCRYx

One million dollar prize.

Over the past few weeks, and especially when Shapiro was on HouseCalls, everyone has been mentioning the $1 000 000 up for grabs.

But as we can see, there is technically only one pair left that could even possibly win the million dollar cash prize at the end, and they are very likely to be voted off soon.

So... in keeping with twists and summer of secrets, do you think there is another twist where someone will win a million dollars?

Do you think a new twist will be announced once all the pairs have been removed?

If so, how would you like to see the new twist incorporate one million dollars? Should the winner just receive it, or should the houseguests be tempted to do something risky to up their chances to win $1 000 000?

Do you think maybe the extra money might be allotted by America's Choice?

Or do you think all hopes of One Million Dollars is just a lot of rhetoric, but the winner will still only receive $500 000?

ETA: To the mods: I wasn't sure where to add this sorta random post; please feel free to move it where you see fit, if need be.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i think it would be funny if they did the same thing they did on survivor ... when rupert was clearly the fan favorite but he didn't make it to the end, they let america vote who gets an additional million, and rupert won.

if they did it for bb, i would have no doubt, kaysar would get it. and you know janelle would be right behind him ready to spend it! lol

I'm one of those who see the million as a bit of rhetoric to make this twist seem so great. The HG's figured out the pairs; then the pairs were confirmed; then, BB gave them a reason to vote off the other pairs: they announced the million. It's not gonna happen.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    It's not gonna happen.
    if beau and ivette make it to the final two, this WILL HAVE BEEN THE DUMBEST HOUSE EVER.

^ . If the house is intelligent, they should target Ivette/Beau no matter who gets HoH next week.

Anyway, back on topic. I think that the producers have another twist loaded in their guns. Because, potentially, all the pairs could have been wiped out by Week 7 (if one of each pair was eliminated each week). I hope to God that they hold another America's Choice giving $500,000 to America's favorite. If they only make jury members eligible, then I'm rooting for Janelle (if she doesn't make it to the final two). If all houseguests are eligible, it would be (for me) between Janelle, Kaysar, and Sarah.

Unfortunately, BB is not the money maker for CBS that Survivor is. Because of that, I seriously doubt that BB had any true desire to give away a million dollars... that was just another ploy with the knowledge that a pair would never make it. And I also seriously doubt that CBS would then turn around and let it be an America's Choice prize.

I do hope that they have another twist coming... but... Shapiro has failed us the last two years.. I doubt it's going to be anything worthwhile this year.

~ the BB cynic
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Unfortunately, BB is not the money maker for CBS that Survivor is. Because of that, I seriously doubt that BB had any true desire to give away a million dollars... that was just another ploy with the knowledge that a pair would never make it. And I also seriously doubt that CBS would then turn around and let it be an America's Choice prize.

I do hope that they have another twist coming... but... Shapiro has failed us the last two years.. I doubt it's going to be anything worthwhile this year.

~ the BB cynic
    i hate say it but i think you are right.....
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Fogey
    What they should do is this:

If no couple makes it to the end, they should have an "Americas Choice" to award the $700,000 that won't be awarded to the winner and second finisher in the following manner:

The top vote getter wins $350,000
    The second vote getter gets $200,000
    The third vote getter gets $75,000
    Fourth gets $50,000
    Fifth gets $25,000.

That to me would be very fair.

xSKATExORxCRYx
    Well, I definitely don't think BB/CBS would give away $500 000 on an America's choice, because there is really not that big of an incentive

But I also think that BB expects most of the pairs to be voted out soon/sooner, so they definitely have a trick up their sleeve. Also, there is a third gold safe that is unaccounted for.

Wouldn't it be crazy if whoever won, their partner just received $500 000 anyway, and the whole time they were competing together?

Again, unlikely....

I'm just suspicious because Arnold Shapiro kept stressing "one million dollars" even though the chances are soooo unlikely.

To be fair with this, the ONLY ones who should be eligible are those on the jury. Not anyone who was voted off before.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast