+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: One million dollar prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennifer
    Casting these shows is tricky - you have to find people the audience can root for, but also make good television from. It's the turning to fame-seekers that the casting directors started to go wrong. Go back to the first season of Survivor to see how to find interesting, different, NON-MODEL/ACTRESS types, casting directors!
    You said it better than I did

I think as you said that it would be better to just find an interesting bunch of characters who want to win the money... and forget about fame seeking psychophants.

The constant denial this year from several players that they "Don't care about the money" is becoming quite nauseating and ridiculous.

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Pennifer
    Casting these shows is tricky - you have to find people the audience can root for, but also make good television from. It's the turning to fame-seekers that the casting directors started to go wrong. Go back to the first season of Survivor to see how to find interesting, different, NON-MODEL/ACTRESS types, casting directors!

Boy do I agree with this. It's not just BB...look at what happens with *high profile jury cases*....book deals thought of before the trial is over.
    Back to the topic....

I don't know if after this season, they can fix it. Shapiro had a great idea, to bring Kaysar back....but blew it. Kaysar AND America needed to have a chance to keep him. Yes, Kaysar blew it by *trusting* Jen, and that's not forgotten...but he did have Maggie talking to him, explaining everything that had been agreed upon...of course, THAT should have been his first clue.

I don't know......are there *average* people who would want to do this show now? I think I'd turn in to a raving lunitic...not to take Ivette's role (LOL).....if I was stuck in there with the ones that are left.

There has to be a way to get some life into it. Maybe Shapiro needs to join here...and go read some of the threads....there's some good ideas on here. The twists are to obvious, and there's no *gasp* what a great idea, when any of them are announced. It's boring!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    The only reason that the pairs are strong is because they have a trust between them that is far more valuable than breaking it for some money. It's like in other BBs; just a really tight bond. Its not like they're physically stronger because they have a friend in the house, is it? No. So why are they targeting the pairs? Are they jealous of their money? If you lost your partner, you're not gonna get $1mil anyways, so why are you trying to stop someone else's chance? Do you hate them that much?
    I would imagine having someone on your team that you trust helps out emotionally and mentally. We've all seen how important it is to players to get contact from home, so having your partner there full-time seems like it would be a huge advantage. And it's a guaranteed vote for you or a vote with you against another team/player.

xSKATExORxCRYx
    the more time passes, the more i think there is $500 000 in the last safe.

i think the winner will win $500 000. And then the combo to the last safe, thereby receiving another $500 000.

I dont know why I think this. I just do.

As for the idea of this show being "cast," I would normally agree.

But in the case of this year's crew, I think Janelle and Howie are definitely both people trying to break into the industry but they have both provided the most interesting TV as well. AND I like them.

Of the people remaining, Maggie seems the most "normal" and I would be DEATHLY bored if there were 14 Maggies in the house.

So keep casting, as long as they are ALSO good players.

I really hope that last safe doesn't have $500K. And if it does, it better go to AC.

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by dzzyedge
    Originally Posted by Pennifer

There has to be a way to get some life into it. Maybe Shapiro needs to join here...and go read some of the threads....there's some good ideas on here. The twists are to obvious, and there's no *gasp* what a great idea, when any of them are announced. It's boring!
    I totally agree!! I've seen some awesome speculation as to different twists and turns this show could take...but it NEVER does!!! I think you all should come up with a reality TV show of your own!!

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Theoretically, I agree with the idea of a random group being put into the house, regardless of age, gender, race, sexual preference, whatever... but you have to remember how god-awful boring Season 1 of BB was. It was like watching paint dry. So, the producers DO have to find rather obnoxious types to create some good television, and I'm okay with that. But the idea that those types all have to be actors or models or just simply want 15 minutes of fame is stupid. *I'd* be good television (I'm a Leo) and I'd be there ONLY for the money, not whatever came after BB.

Yes, season 1 was god-awful boring, but then, if I remember correctly, the viewing audience were the ones choosing who got thrown out (so all the interesting, controversial HG's got thrown out first!) and there weren't any kinds of contests since I don't think they even had HOH! I too wish they could cast a little more "normal" or "average" cast with your average citizens looking to win some money. But then, maybe that's all they have applying, young beautiful people seeking their 15 minutes of fame.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234