+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One million dollar prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    I don't think BB gets the tv ratings that Survivor gets or the critical praise that Amazing Race gets. And....personally.....I don't think living in a cushy house for a few months warrants a million dollar purse. I don't think the prize money will change.
    I don't know about that cushy house thing. I had a conversation with Mr. Rattus (in which he was not remotely interested) whereupon I informed him that there was no way in hell I would move into the BB house with just the hope of a big payoff, I would have to be guaranteed, rock-solid, 100% that I would be getting a large sum of money at the end. Oh, the horror - no hugging of Mr. Rattus, being verbally torn to shreds by the viewing public, living with those people! Not enough money in the world, quite honestly.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

They should give me the money for watching the show. After Kaysar left, things went pffffft......

I dont think they ever had any serious intention of giving away the million.... they made sure of that by annoucing the "pairs" secret just in case some dullard HG's hadnt figured it out.

Shapiro is lousy at coming up with good twists and turns.... so far all of them are beyond boring and lame as hell.

I don't know, I loved that America got to vote a houseguest back in. I think it was likely planned before Kaysar's popularity hit new heights, but it was a twist that the houseguests couldn't control and it really stirred up the house.

Too bad Kaysar couldn't have held on and ignored Jenn.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I don't know, I loved that America got to vote a houseguest back in. I think it was likely planned before Kaysar's popularity hit new heights, but it was a twist that the houseguests couldn't control and it really stirred up the house.

Too bad Kaysar couldn't have held on and ignored Jenn.
    I would agree other than the way they went about it.... bringing him back and not gving him a chance to gather intelligence and get a feel for the situation was pathetic... and what did it produce... a stupid fiasco where he was shoved back out the door..... it had real potential but wound up falling flat on its face.

A lot of people spent significant money text messaging in order to get Kaysar back in .... they should have had a better plan.... but typical of Shapiros twists.... it was lame.

I am also becoming disillusioned with the way the HG's seemed to be more a CAST than just random people who sent in videos.

The house is becoming this place for wannabe actors/actresses etc to get their break.... as well as friends of friends.

Howie mentioned his sister's ex bf or something being associated with the show, and James mentioned being contacted by a casting agent...and so on and so on.
    Stuff like that just gets on my nerves.... why can't they ever just keep things real? rather than trying to stack the house with actors, comedians, the token gay guy, the token lesbian..... blah blah.

I would like to see a random bunch of people who sent in interesting audition tapes who havent made up fake resumes and occupations to cover that they are actually just entertainment people looking for a break in show biz.

*shrug*

Yeah, like draw from a bin of submitted tapes? BOY, would you get a cast alright....

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop
    Yeah, like draw from a bin of submitted tapes? BOY, would you get a cast alright....
    Well at the rate they are going... the next step will be that the show is scripted.

I would really like to see just a random group, older, younger, married, single, gay, straight, black, white etc etc etc.... whoever sent in the most interesting and unique audition tapes.

Not just a house full of actors, actresses, models, social climbing club kids... which is basically what this season boils down to..... it sucks.

I think the reason that Rupert was so popular on Survivor is because the average person could relate to him and root for him to win.... he could be most peoples nextdoor neighbour.... most of us dont live next door to models, actors and other show biz types....... I dont know why BB cant figure that out.

And Rupert is precisely the type of person that most people would like to see win a million bucks.
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 08-30-2005 at 07:53 PM.

If you think about it, the AVERAGE person, cannot afford to be on a reality show. I know my employer would not allow me to be gone for 6-8 weeks. Plus the people I owe bills to would not like my excuse
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra
    would really like to see just a random group, older, younger, married, single, gay, straight, black, white etc etc etc.... whoever sent in the most interesting and unique audition tapes.

I think the reason that Rupert was so popular on Survivor is because the average person could relate to him and root for him to win.... he could be most peoples nextdoor neighbour.... most of us dont live next door to models, actors and other show biz types....... I dont know why BB cant figure that out.

And Rupert is precisely the type of person that most people would like to see win a million bucks.
    Theoretically, I agree with the idea of a random group being put into the house, regardless of age, gender, race, sexual preference, whatever... but you have to remember how god-awful boring Season 1 of BB was. It was like watching paint dry. So, the producers DO have to find rather obnoxious types to create some good television, and I'm okay with that. But the idea that those types all have to be actors or models or just simply want 15 minutes of fame is stupid. *I'd* be good television (I'm a Leo) and I'd be there ONLY for the money, not whatever came after BB.

As for Rupert, I loved him as much as the next person, possibly more, but have you forgotten the first thing Rupert did was steal the other team's stuff? That's not exactly what I want in my next door neighbor.

Casting these shows is tricky - you have to find people the audience can root for, but also make good television from. It's the turning to fame-seekers that the casting directors started to go wrong. Go back to the first season of Survivor to see how to find interesting, different, NON-MODEL/ACTRESS types, casting directors!
    "Kid, I have vision... and the rest of the world wears bi-focals." - Butch Cassidy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast