+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Question about real player and BB

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I had that problem once with Real Player pretending it didn't exist or something

I uninstalled, reinstalled, and was fine.
    Thanks, Suncat! I reinstalled (without uninstalling) and finally was able to watch Friday's House Calls.

I hope someone can help me. I was watching the feeds about 2 hours ago. I exited and when I came back it is no longer working. When I click onto my Real Player, I am getting this message:

rtsp://smilparse.real.com:80/rolled/2005082101UPVTE/bigbrother6/bb6_start.smil?pid=bb6&url=bb6 _start.smil&case=ok

I have received that message before and I simply reinstalled Real Player and everything has been fine since. I thought, ok, I will reinstall Real Player. I can't even get to a Real Player download page. When I click on any Real Player download page (I've tried several different ones), it says "the page cannot be displayed" or "cannot find server". Does that mean that the REal Player site is down and it has nothing to do with my computer or what? I am completely unable to even reinstall Real Player. This is driving me nuts and I don't want to miss the feeds tonight. Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue n2...just happened right now. Don't know what to do. Did you fix yours?

ETA:
    I reinstalled real player and then logged in. Used the link posted above when all I got was camera 1 and everything seems to be working ok.
    Last edited by buglover; 08-26-2005 at 06:03 PM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORTified with 9 vitamins InTheCave's Avatar
    I'm really tired of every time something interesting happenning that the feeds get cut to fish. Tonight it was after they started looking for what I presume was another clue after the lockdown. The whole nonsense last week was utterly ridiculous, as well. Sure block it out, why would I want to see what is arguably the pinnacle of the season as far as strategy & competition is concerned.
    I strongly hope that BB gives some better thought to this next season, and makes the feeds what they advertise them to be: "Live 24x7 access". I mean come on, like any of us "feeders" are *not* going to watch the broadcasts...

/vent

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheCave
    I'm really tired of every time something interesting happenning that the feeds get cut to fish. Tonight it was after they started looking for what I presume was another clue after the lockdown. The whole nonsense last week was utterly ridiculous, as well. Sure block it out, why would I want to see what is arguably the pinnacle of the season as far as strategy & competition is concerned.
    I strongly hope that BB gives some better thought to this next season, and makes the feeds what they advertise them to be: "Live 24x7 access". I mean come on, like any of us "feeders" are *not* going to watch the broadcasts...

/vent
    You, I and 99% of the posters in this and other forums are NOT the viewers CBS and the "BB" producers are worried about.

CBS is worried about the casual viewers who if they hear something might not watch.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order

Help, Please! Can't Watch Feeds!

OK, so in a fit of anger, I cancelled my feeds after Kaysar was evicted AGAIN. This week I ordered a 14 day trial of BB to get me through the finale.

I think I'm being punished because I cannot see the feeds! Everytime I try to sign on, they tell me there's a problem and they won't let me in. I have verified my account status. I have spent three very long hours on the phone with the very uh, helpful, hard to understand technical people.

It's not my firewall. It's not my internet settings because right now I can watch the Katrina simulcast. (Mariah Carey can sing really loud. YIKES!)

Anyway, if anyone has encountered this problem, please, please email me. If you have direct links to the feeds, please send them to me. I can't believe I am missing all the drama with only TV Land to keep me company tonight.

Help me! Please!

Thanks, everyone!

How did you get the 14 day free trial I thought that was over?

Quote Originally Posted by Truce
    How did you get the 14 day free trial I thought that was over?
    I got it through real.com. It's the Super Pass. I thought I was being slick, but it's just not working for me. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by gagi
    I got it through real.com. It's the Super Pass. I thought I was being slick, but it's just not working for me. *sigh*
    Maybe you should try calling Real's customer service instead of Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Truce
    Maybe you should try calling Real's customer service instead of Big Brother.
    I did and spent three hours talking to people in India. It just ain't working.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234