+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about real player and BB

Is there any reason to get the live feeds with a dial up modem? I watch House Calls and it is constantly rebuffering, would the feeds be like that?

Thanks

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG
    Is there any reason to get the live feeds with a dial up modem? I watch House Calls and it is constantly rebuffering, would the feeds be like that?

Thanks
    personally, i dont htink it would run well.

But you could always try it (get the 14 day trial, and if it doesnt work, just cancel).

Quote Originally Posted by friendthatsits
    wasn't sure where to post this so I hope someone sees it - is anyone having a problem with watching House Calls? I can see live feeds fine on Real but can't open House Calls. I get an error but it flashes pretty quickly. Not sure whats up.
    I am having the same trouble, ever since Real went out while watching the live feeds one night (Tuesday?) this week (I think everyone was down). Since then, cannot access the HC archives. Have not tried to watch live HC show since Tuesday, when I had not trouble at all.

The error message directs us to Real Customer support, which has no help. I have seen several others with the same question on that site -no answers.

TIA!
    Last edited by Ancient City; 08-19-2005 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Can't spell went. D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG

Thanks
    That was my concern before I got the live feeds. Of course sometimes the feeds freeze, and rebuffer, but most of the time (for me atleast) when it's rebuffering, the pic just freezes for a few seconds, but you can still hear the audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient City
    I am having the same trouble, ever since Real went out while watching the live feeds one night (Tuesday?) this week (I think everyone was down). Since then, cannot access the HC archives. Have not tried to watch live HC show since Tuesday, when I had not trouble at all.

The error message directs us to Real Customer support, which has no help. I have seen several others with the same question on that site -no answers.

TIA!
    I was watching House Calls earlier. It worked fine, but rebuffered every now and then.

Newbie here...have read for several seasons and just decided to get the feeds today...
    You don't get 14 days now, only 3....boo hoo...and then no feeds....

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by hbswingkid
    Newbie here...have read for several seasons and just decided to get the feeds today...
    You don't get 14 days now, only 3....boo hoo...and then no feeds....

no, you get 14days free if you go to http://www.real.com/

if you get it from cbs.com/bigbrother then its only like 4 days

CBS has blocked the feeds on 8/19-20. Will that affect the cost or extend the services for people who paid for 24/7 access?

24/7 seems more like 22/7 most of the time, anyway, if you don't count the fish tank.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by girl in green
    CBS has blocked the feeds on 8/19-20. Will that affect the cost or extend the services for people who paid for 24/7 access?
    Please read my earlier post concerning this in the "Say Your Frustration" thread (WARNING: There may be SPOILERS there).
    Last edited by Wallyhorse; 08-20-2005 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Forgot link was to a spolier thread when post was originally written

Well I just got off of the phone with real player, I was calling to cancel my feeds because I mistakenly paid only for one month and that month was ending tomorrow. I told the lady that I knew I was going to have to pay again tomorrow and that the live feeds were blocked. She asked me if I had an opportunity to check out the other things on Real Player. I played dumb (I haven't really, it has been on the feeds cause I am addicted) and told her no. She gave me one free month, taking me to 21 September, to take advantage of the other features! I think they are trying to not loose customers while CBS blocks the feed! She totally blamed CBS for everything! Just thought this might help someone.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast