+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to FORTer questions about Big Brother. **possible SPOILERS**

FORT Regular
    They had a time limit to put the potato clock together. Then there was a challenge where someone had to sneak down and change the time on it.
    And, speaking of primitive, didn't they have to wash their clothes by hand with a washboard?
    I give myself very good advice but I very seldom follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I was thinking how primitive BB was when it first started. They didn't have a clock the first season and won one in a luxury competition. It was powered by a potato. Anyone else remember this? They had to put it together.
    I remember. One of the contestants, Jamie, had to set back the clock an hour every couple of days for some sort of challenge.

Season 1 was so weird. I remember some sort of challenge with a lot of dogs running around in the backyard and one had three legs. I remember them recording a song. I remember a stripper. There wasn't even an HOH back then. Crazy, crazy, show.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
    didn't they have to wash their clothes by hand with a washboard?
    I think a lot of seasons had washboards. I think only seasons 5 and 6 had a washer/dryer. On Season 4 they won laundry service so I think they also had a washboard.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Wow, yeah the potatoe clock. One of the only things I remember from BB1. Ah, memories.

I don't know where to ask/post this, but does anyone here have high speed dial up/56k modem? And if so, do you still see slide show video or is it streaming video. I ask because I just got the live feeds on my low speed 28k dial up and it IS slide show and I dont want to pay for cable feed but am considering high speed dial up but if it is still "slide show" I wont for now. Thanks for any help and sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this question.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'm curious if the BB announcer-guy is the same person from previous seasons. He definitely sounds the same to me.

Also, do they have a prerecorded soundboard of repeated messages, i.e. "April, please put on your microphone" or "Houseguests, this is a lockdown...". I've heard several levels of asking the HGs to stop singing, from "Please stop singing" to "I SAID to STOOOOOP SINGING".
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I don't know where to ask/post this, but does anyone here have high speed dial up/56k modem? And if so, do you still see slide show video or is it streaming video. I ask because I just got the live feeds on my low speed 28k dial up and it IS slide show and I dont want to pay for cable feed but am considering high speed dial up but if it is still "slide show" I wont for now. Thanks for any help and sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this question.
    Its streaming video

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I'm curious if the BB announcer-guy is the same person from previous seasons. He definitely sounds the same to me.
    Do you mean the guy who tells them to put on the microphone or the guy on each Big Brother episode? If you mean the Big Brother episodes, it is a different guy. I read somewhere that the old one was fired.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Season 1 was so weird. I remember some sort of challenge with a lot of dogs running around in the backyard and one had three legs. I remember them recording a song. I remember a stripper. There wasn't even an HOH back then. Crazy, crazy, show.
    i just started watching a couple of weeks into season 3, so i love hearing what it was like in the first season. i wish they'd put it out on dvd ... but as far as i know the only ones on dvd are 3 (full season) and 4 (highlights).

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Also, do they have a prerecorded soundboard of repeated messages, i.e. "April, please put on your microphone" or "Houseguests, this is a lockdown...". I've heard several levels of asking the HGs to stop singing, from "Please stop singing" to "I SAID to STOOOOOP SINGING".
    i've wondered about that too. i mean, when "he" says things, they always sound the same ... and when they say the names, they pause .. i.e., "kaysar ... please go to the diary room" ... so i think they have all of these pre-recorded and they just push a button with the name and the command they want.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke
    i just started watching a couple of weeks into season 3, so i love hearing what it was like in the first season. i wish they'd put it out on dvd ...
    Season 1 was great - they had a pet dog, a pug named Pugsly. That dog got a LOT of love. There was also the phenomenon of the banners that year, which got very little TV time, but was all the talk on the live feeds. Viewers were paying for airplanes to fly over the house with a message banner, usually in support of their favorite hamster, but sometimes with crucial strategy information, like "Brittany, don't trust Josh!" but the banners had limited space, so it would read "B-dnt trst J!" Also, there was the Megaphone Lady, who kept trespassing on the CBS lot and yelling over the walls to the HG's.

I can't recall; have the HG's had another pet (other than that boring turtle?)
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Yes, they are pre-recorded. Somewhere in their library of clips is a simple, "Stop that!" They used to use it on Jase a lot. I like how it fits all kinds of situations.

I think the voice is too friendly most of the time. He should be stern all the time to remind them they are in a situation of privilege.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread