+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/7 - Live Feed Discussion

8/7 - Live Feed Discussion

Please discuss the goings on in the live feeds here to keep the transcript thread free for just that.

Thanks!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

kg73
    My opinion is that Howie has taken a risk to make a big move in the house and prove that he is a big master strategic player. I think the little bit of power that HOH gave him really pushed him to feel as if he had something to prove. This is why he is not backing down even though he probably does know that he made a mistake.

Also, I think this is why he so easily took the bait of the “fiendship” and went with the extremely risky move of nominating James/Sarah.

Anyone who has taken statistics classes will tell you that in the end it all comes down to numbers. Why take such an unnecessary risk when the numbers are not clearly on your side this week and have the possibility of being completely against your side next week?

With so many stragglers left in the house right now, it is too early to be planning out your end game. He should have stuck with the numbers game right now. Let’s weed out some of these non-essential folks while we can and deal with the other stuff later. He lost sight of this goal and is now in a predicament.

In the meantime, it is almost comical to watch the fiendship work. Just shortly after James won the veto yesterday, April, Maggie, and Jen were already plotting about how to get Rachel out. You cannot turn your back on these vermin for a minute.

Jen said something like, “well I guess it doesn’t matter because we’re all friends now….but I still don’t trust them”? (oh, does she mean friends like the kind of friends that are only nice to you when you are HOH? Okay, I got confused there for a minute.) She said that Rachel had proposed to her (earlier in the game) that April/Jen Howie/Rachel be the final four. Maggie seemed very disturbed by this and speed up her walking on the exercise machine while saying “oh, really.”

That group of folks are like a bunch of unstable mental patients. When they’ve gone off their “medication” their moves/moods are unpredictable.

In closing, let me just say…here are the most overused phrases in the house:

Ivette: “Do you understand what I’m saying?”
    Beau: “Beauty and the Beast Bo Beast…..” (the most annoying words ever uttered)
    Jen: (no quote here only smacking and munching sounds from stuffing her cow face)
    April: “That’s so funny!”
    Maggie: “Interesting.”
    Rachel: “Stop it Howie!”
    Howie: “Boobies! Little Jen! Oh, Janie!”
    Sarah: “James, do you love me?”
    James: “Sarah, stop eating you’re getting fat.”
    Janelle: (no quote here—insert appropriate giggling or intelligent comment as needed)

Dumbest thing said by April (recently): “We are not an alliance. We are just 5 people who are friends and happen to agree on everything.”

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    I still want to know if there is no way they (meaning Howie, Rachel, Janelle, and now James, I guess) could swing either April or Jennifer into booting Ivette?

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar

My two cents for what its worth!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    I still want to know if there is no way they (meaning Howie, Rachel, Janelle, and now James, I guess) could swing either April or Jennifer into booting Ivette?
    I personally think April would vote out Ivette

Here's my two cents for whats its worth. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. This is the live feed discussion thread right? I mean, we can't "comment" in the Live Feed Transcripts b/c thats only for transcribing. Is that not correct? So any COMMENTARY about the live feed would be discussed in this thread. Right? So if say someone wanted to read word for word what was going on, and not read someone's opinions on it they would need to go to the Live Feed Transcripts. I totally could be misunderstanding all of this. But I think we're allowed to have comments in this feed but just not in the other. I mean if all we were suppose to do is transcribe then we'd be in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by Melissab73; 08-07-2005 at 12:00 PM.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissab73

Here's my two cents for whats its worth. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. This is the live feed discussion thread right? I mean, we can't "comment" in the Live Feed Transcripts b/c thats only for transcribing. Is that not correct? So any COMMENTARY about the live feed would be discussed in this thread. Right? So if say someone wanted to read word for word what was going on, and not read someone's opinions on it they would need to go to the Live Feed Transcripts. I totally could be misunderstanding all of this. But I think we're allowed to have comments in this feed but just not in the other. I mean if all we were suppose to do is transcribe then we'd be in the wrong thread.
    Er....yeah? Is it directed towards me? If it was, I was calling for more of an analysis than a citation.

If not, horray!

Melissa, you are correct. The transcripts thread is for transcripts of what is going on in the house. This thread is for quickies and commentary. Discussing woulda, shoulda, coulda type stuff based on live feed info, so as not to spoil people who just want to watch the show.

You are fine to my knowledge Y2K.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Melissab73

I 100% agree with you.........

I think if the crappys find out one is working to get the other put up to save themselves, some division can arise. They are after all, friends based on moral superiourity (can't spell to save my life), so they can turn on each other at any given moment. What I mean is, from one minute to the next, they can barely tolerate each other and their main basis of friendship is discussing how awful and selfish the others are.

Ivette or April might have a chance to go if put up. I don't think any of the others would inspire their friendgagship turn on them.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Melissa, the reason y2kevbug11 couldn't post that question/comment in the show forum is that it would be spoiler info. They don't even know who won the POV competition yet.

This thread is for discussion based on live feed info. In past years, people were better about putting transcripts in the transcript thread, but this year lots of folks are putting short transcripts in this thread so that they can comment as they go. I would love to see more transcripts in the transcript thread...but this is the discussion thread, and transcripts aren't disallowed.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I have to give Maggie's group points for their work this week. April and Ivette may not like each other, that's true. But as a group, they have been solid. They haven't spilled their plans to the other side (Howie!!), nor have they wasted emotional energy worrying about keeping to their agreements next week. Somehow, they managed to convince the opposing team to take out one of their own and avoid having any of their members put up on the block. That's incredible work, really.

P.S.: Rachel's the only one up still.

I swear, I would be waking up someone if that were me. I would be so bored!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast