+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Live Feed Screencaps

Suncat, boffo pics of K!!!!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Janelle & Kaysar ROCK! CouchPotato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat
    If you look at the pics, you can see that in some caps, it looks kind of like she has doll hair. You know - if you look at a doll's "roots," there are little clumps of hair coming out. Those little clumps are the extensions.

So the 'fake' hair is attached to the real hair in those clumps? What is she doing in those pics? Has some kind of 'tool' in her hand. Is she trying to get the knots out or what?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by CouchPotato
    So the 'fake' hair is attached to the real hair in those clumps? What is she doing in those pics? Has some kind of 'tool' in her hand. Is she trying to get the knots out or what?
    Well, I don't want to sound like an expert, as I'm not a hair stylist, and have never had extensions, but I think there are three ways that they can be attached. The fake hair (actually, sometimes it is real hair) can be braided in at the root, "sewn" in (I'm not quite sure if hair is used as thread, and I think there is still some sort of minute braiding done at the scalp), or actually glued in, strand by strand, either to the scalp, or to other hairs. It looks like the tool she is using is to pull through some strands that are tangled, or to fix some of her real hair, as it is growing in.

Janelle & Kaysar ROCK! CouchPotato's Avatar
    Well, I don't want to sound like an expert, as I'm not a hair stylist, and have never had extensions, but I think there are three ways that they can be attached. The fake hair (actually, sometimes it is real hair) can be braided in at the root, "sewn" in (I'm not quite sure if hair is used as thread, and I think there is still some sort of minute braiding done at the scalp), or actually glued in, strand by strand, either to the scalp, or to other hairs. It looks like the tool she is using is to pull through some strands that are tangled, or to fix some of her real hair, as it is growing in.
    Thanks for the info! Glad we got that cleared up! Heck - she must not care if people know - she's already done her roots and is now fixing her extensions. And I'm with the camp that it's not that big of a deal - it's up there with teeth whitening, fake tans, etc. Anything to make yourself look better isn't all that bad, right?

Okay, question from someone who is totally clueless. Why would she care who knows that she has extensions? She apparently doesn't care who knows that her hair is an unbelievable color. Now we just know that part of it is a fake, unbelievable color.
    *mumble, mumble, old woman doesn't see what the fuss is about wait till she gets up some morning and that whole mess stays on the pillow then she's got problems mumble*

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    well if you dont like hair extentions i guess you dont like make up! cause its all for the same reasons!! Make up and suck is just a lesser version of cosmetic surgery!! hehe think about that!!

April probably getsd her surgery 2 for 1 deal now!! lmao

***DAVIS***

Actually you're partially right.

Janelle has the most expensive way you can get hair extensions costing between $30 to $50 per "clump" (called a strand). It's healthier than sewing it in (using thick reupholstering-type thread the same color as your hair) and especially glueing it in (use a solvent to break down the glue to take it down).

For Janelle's: Imagine a pinch of hair bonded together with a natural keritin base. The closest I can describe it as the plastic end of a shoelace but much narrower. A heated tool like a flatiron, I believe, is used to clamp the strand's keritin base around the root of small piece of sectioned off hair at the root. Repeat this process for as how many strands as you have bought. From what I can tell, it looks like Janelle needs to get hers redone.

I have nothing against anyone wearing weaves and other artificial means to enhance appearances. After all, we're on this world for only such a short time in the grand scheme of things, may as well, have fun and do what you want to do to make you feel better about yourself!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Rocks

April probably getsd her surgery 2 for 1 deal now!! lmao

LMAO
    Britney: "Brendon has the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen and I played 5th grade basketball"

Watch an episode or two of "Blow Out" and you're bound to see Kiara giving someone extensions in the method Kocky described above.

As for Janelle caring if anyone knows....Howie was in the shower when she was doing it, and she kept glancing over him. Of course, those glances could be to make sure he wasn't approaching her NAKEY! She was using the pick end of a comb (ever see one of those combs with a long metal part on one end?) Maybe her hair isn't as thick or as long as she would like.

I don't care if someone has them, it's their business (I'm just screen capping it!) It does remind me of an old episode of the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" where Will was trapped in a room with a girl he liked...and she took off her weave, her colored contacts, popped off her fake nails...etc.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

good lord those pictures of Kaysar are just

How am I going to do without Big Brother for over a week?
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast