+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Differences between the show and the feeds, aka EDITING

Differences between the show and the feeds, aka EDITING

It's funny to see the heavy hand of editing at work on Big Brother, and it's the best part of having the feeds IMO. What kinds of things do you see smoothed over, skipped or exaggerated for the show?

They showed Eric asking Michael, "what about when you were kissing the neck of girls..."etc., then cut to a shot of Michael looking uncertain and scratching his head. In reality, the girl he did that to was JENNIFER who was in the same room during the conversation! I know they took that reaction shot from some other part of the conversation.

The bodybuilding competition...wasn't that really early on? I bet they had to be careful of clips of Ashlea showing up.

I'm only 12 minutes into the show here on the West Coast. What did you guys catch?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I felt the whole buildup to the fight was pieced together from every negative that they had of Michael to make it look more reasonable for Eric to flip out, thus making about to be booted Michael bad and Eric the hero.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I'm only 12 minutes into the show here on the West Coast. What did you guys catch?
    So I guess you got to see the whole show, without any Presidential interference?

Plenty of fireworks ahead - they did a pretty good job with the fight. I didn't think they would air it at all. I loved the angle they showed - Eric was clearly giving the "stink-eye" to Michael and Michael wasn't looking over there at all. And we even got a bit of the fracas between Kaysar and Ivette which happened after the feeds went to FISH. And a meeting with one of the BB elves.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Oh, wow!! Something to look forward to!

In a way, I'm not surprised they showed they showed the fight. It makes for really dramatic TV, doesn't it?

Hey Qboots, CBS is going to put the missing 12 minutes up on their website tonight. At least that was what the crawl said during Rockstar.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    On the show, they actually showed an elf (ironically, it was a fairly big guy) in the middle of the yard, fully clothed, directing housemates on where to go, after the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    Hey Qboots, CBS is going to put the missing 12 minutes up on their website tonight. At least that was what the crawl said during Rockstar.
    No worries, I'm in Canada. We got the whole show.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

LOL, can I move there!

We got the whole show on the West coast.

One thing that seemed missing from the show was the incessant gab between Ivette, Eric and April, especially. They showed a bit of Ivette acting like an ass that night but it was non-stop, throughout dinner, all afternoon, just every moment of the day. (I guess they can't really put that in the show.)

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    I felt the whole buildup to the fight was pieced together from every negative that they had of Michael to make it look more reasonable for Eric to flip out, thus making about to be booted Michael bad and Eric the hero.
    Great thread hepcat.

I totally agree. It is clear from feed discussions that the concensus is that Eric is an idiot and Michael is only kind of an idiot. The show suggests that Eric will drop everything at any time to save a cat stuck in the rafters of the CSI set if necessary and Michael was the one that put the cat there in the first place.

One point worth mentioning.....even careful editing can mask the fact that Ivette is a moron.

All we can hope is that Kaysar can pull of HOH and send Eric and Ivette packing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast