+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Differences between the show and the feeds, aka EDITING

They dont do it for survivor because its filmed and edited before it airs

And god Ivette is really pissing me off she has no right to bring Kayser's religion into question thats the same as judging her because she is a lesbian

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macgrl08
    I kind of think that was an example of K showing his backbone. IV just yaps and yaps and yaps, I don't know...maybe she needed someone in her face to shut her up.
    unfortunately, it just fueled her and gave her more "reason" to mouth off.

Quote Originally Posted by JoE44
    And god Ivette is really pissing me off she has no right to bring Kayser's religion into question thats the same as judging her because she is a lesbian
    exactly ... she's so freaking hypocritcal it's not funny!

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    There was a long discussion between Kaysar and Ivette last night (see 7/19 transcripts) where Kaysar tried to get Ivette to tell him why she hates him. She went on and on about how he didn't belong in the house because of his religion. He was very rational and calm throughout the whole discussion while she was her yappy, overheated self.

I don't think Ivette is coming across on the show at all like she's on the feeds. There was one point where you see what she's like 99% of the time: where she was telling them she was going to go off on Kaysar or Michael and they had to bleep every 3rd word out of her mouth. She's constantly angry and raging at someone.

In the conversation last night, she said it wasn't right for Kaysar to be in the house, because by putting himself around "temptation" (girls in bikinis, I guess) he was compromising his beliefs. She said it's not right for the rest of the house to have to bend to him. When he asked for specifics, she said when he asked Eric or Howie (can't remember) not to pass gas in the kitchen. Kaysar said that had nothing to do with his religion, just his own personal distaste. She couldn't seem to make a distinction. If he doesn't like farts, it's because he's a Muslim and they shouldn't have to adjust. She also told him if he's a real Muslim, he shouldn't have to "tweak" his behavior to fit the house (i.e. putting up with gas in the kitchen would be "tweaking" his life to fit the house).
    Thanks Hep for clearing that up!

And who is Ivette to decide who belongs and who doesn't?? That's one of the most arrogant/stupid things I've heard ... "You don't fit here because it compromises your religion and you have to tweak your behavior ... ." Like no one else has ever altered their behavior on the show.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I cant beleive I picked Ivette as a favorite I must have not been thinking clearly. She is such an ugly person to those who arn't one of crappy's sheep, and what suck's is Beau is her partner who is someone I'm liking in the game.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2

And who is Ivette to decide who belongs and who doesn't?? That's one of the most arrogant/stupid things I've heard ... "You don't fit here because it compromises your religion and you have to tweak your behavior ... ." Like no one else has ever altered their behavior on the show.
    AMEN!!

reminds me of a lesbian i know that says that i have no right calling myself a lesbian because i was married once.

I agree with the others who have said cbs (complete B.S. network) is trying to make Eric into some kind of hero, and the shoes are WAY too big for him to fill. I dislike the editing but I guess they had to spin it somehow because they have no excuse for not following the precedent set by past seasons for violent behavior. I still don't think it worked.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

And who is Ivette to decide who belongs and who doesn't??
    Exactly, and it was amazing that Kaysar was calm, cool and rational throughout the entire conversation. I kept thinking, "Well, she's got to give him that" or "even Ivette has to admit that's true". Then she would open her mouth, and prove she still didn't get it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Kaysar's religion is based on calm and rational and structured thought. I can understand why he got in her face, he'd had enough, but Ivette has had it in for him since day one because of his race and religion IMO.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Having seen preproduction (vicariously through FORT) and post production, I like to believe I will be more likely to take future reality "villains" and "heroes" with a grain of salt. I guess I rather naively thought that the editors couldn't stretch the truth THAT much.... cameras don't lie. Silly me.

+ Reply to Thread