+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Differences between the show and the feeds, aka EDITING

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Gilgamesh
    Sadly, since my PVR was acting up, I cannot review the episode.

cbs has the complete episode available on their website. YAY!!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke
    wait a minute! did i miss something? i heard him, but i didn't SEE anyone! but then again, i was looking at eric still. i gotta go rewind it see!!

** okay, i rewinded and i STILL don't see anyone in the yard. ya tease!!!
    I didn't see anyone either - I heard someone telling them where to go - two different times (and it didn't sound like the normal BB voice)- and they seemed to scatter pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat
    I didn't see anyone either - I heard someone telling them where to go - two different times (and it didn't sound like the normal BB voice)- and they seemed to scatter pretty quickly.
    That was the VOICE of BIG BROTHER that scattered the tattered masses!!! <using my best Charlston Heston as Moses voice> lol!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    I also enjoyed getting to see the Kaysar - Ivette standoff. I'm not sure where she came up with the idea that he doesn't respect women but that REALLY seemed to tick him off, I'm glad someone finally stood up to her though. She needs to be knocked off the horse.
    I *think* that all came into play because of one of her (or April's) earlier comments from a few days ago ridiculing Kaysar's religion (as their understanding is that Muslims are very demeaning towards women.) I think heppy had it in one of her transcripts about them insulting him by saying they hope he comes back as a woman in Iraq (or something along those lines.)

In Ivette's twisted world that then manifested itself as reality.. and when Kaysar wouldn't sit and empathize with her irrational arguments about Michael it was then translated in Ivette-speak as "not respecting women."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I *think* that all came into play because of one of her (or April's) earlier comments from a few days ago ridiculing Kaysar's religion (as their understanding is that Muslims are very demeaning towards women.) I think heppy had it in one of her transcripts about them insulting him by saying they hope he comes back as a woman in Iraq (or something along those lines.)

In Ivette's twisted world that then manifested itself as reality.. and when Kaysar wouldn't sit and empathize with her irrational arguments about Michael it was then translated in Ivette-speak as "not respecting women."
    My perspective is anything that pops out of Ivette's mouth, and even April's, should be considered bilge because they do nothing but lie and make crazed accusations. I hope that the other HGs realize this, and if not now, REAL SOON!

Some is this is from my show discussion post but it ties in.

I used to like Kaysar on the feeds but after last night's show my opinion has changed. Kaysar was getting on my nerves. I commend the way he tried to calm down Eric and Ivette, but when he stood in front of Ivette like that, uncalled for. What was that intimidation? It was BS! He should have just walked away. And now he is acting like the biggest coward with Michael. Always caring about what other people think, grow a backbone!

You also really realize that Janelle has the best perspective on the house. I couldn't stand the way April and Rachel are brainwashed. Rachel spying on Janelle and Michael and then telling Eric!?! She is basically the one who started the whole thing.

Ivette and Eric: annoying off the show and on the show.

^ but you gotta admit Kaysar is CUTE! LOL!

I think I got about ZILCH done at work!

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Some is this is from my show discussion post but it ties in.

I used to like Kaysar on the feeds but after last night's show my opinion has changed. Kaysar was getting on my nerves. I commend the way he tried to calm down Eric and Ivette, but when he stood in front of Ivette like that, uncalled for. What was that intimidation? It was BS! He should have just walked away. And now he is acting like the biggest coward with Michael. Always caring about what other people think, grow a backbone!
    I kind of think that was an example of K showing his backbone. IV just yaps and yaps and yaps, I don't know...maybe she needed someone in her face to shut her up.

All I'm saying is, even the most sane people can slip up when surrounded by that group of nut jobs.

Don't give up on our boy K!!

There was a long discussion between Kaysar and Ivette last night (see 7/19 transcripts) where Kaysar tried to get Ivette to tell him why she hates him. She went on and on about how he didn't belong in the house because of his religion. He was very rational and calm throughout the whole discussion while she was her yappy, overheated self.

I don't think Ivette is coming across on the show at all like she's on the feeds. There was one point where you see what she's like 99% of the time: where she was telling them she was going to go off on Kaysar or Michael and they had to bleep every 3rd word out of her mouth. She's constantly angry and raging at someone.

In the conversation last night, she said it wasn't right for Kaysar to be in the house, because by putting himself around "temptation" (girls in bikinis, I guess) he was compromising his beliefs. She said it's not right for the rest of the house to have to bend to him. When he asked for specifics, she said when he asked Eric or Howie (can't remember) not to pass gas in the kitchen. Kaysar said that had nothing to do with his religion, just his own personal distaste. She couldn't seem to make a distinction. If he doesn't like farts, it's because he's a Muslim and they shouldn't have to adjust. She also told him if he's a real Muslim, he shouldn't have to "tweak" his behavior to fit the house (i.e. putting up with gas in the kitchen would be "tweaking" his life to fit the house).
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    I wish Survivor had live feeds like Big Brother...I mean, the cameras are always on, so why not?? They'd make a ton of money, and we'd all get to enjoy all the action instead of simply the edited version...since we see here HOW truly different everything can be on a TV "island."

+ Reply to Thread