+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Differences between the show and the feeds, aka EDITING

Nah, Janelle needs to win it, so she can put up Eric and Ivette and tell Eric, "If I have my way, you'll be safe and Ivette will be going home" like he did to her with Michael.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    Nah, Janelle needs to win it, so she can put up Eric and Ivette and tell Eric, "If I have my way, you'll be safe and Ivette will be going home" like he did to her with Michael.

Or maybe she can put up anybody she had an alliance with and say that it's no longer valid since they broke her trust.

I'm kind of confused because of the whole Veto competition. What really happend? We know something was botched during the original one, and of course, James won the second. I know they directed the hampsters to wear their original clothing, so I figured it was going to be a two part thing. Guess not? And, they practically gave the gym away.

Sadly, since my PVR was acting up, I cannot review the episode.

Now that I've seen the whole show, isn't it amazing how no one mentioned the whole incident of Michael hitting the wall in rage because the bathroom was occupied? Or April's story that Michael admitted he was put in a Turkish prison because he hurt someone with his martial arts training? Or that he made Jennifer cry? These were all stories being bandied about non-stop that were supposed "proof" that Michael is a dangerous perverted "walking weapon". The only thing they mentioned was kissing girls on the neck, which he only did to Jennifer (and she was all right with it up until the house turned against him) and to Janelle, who openly invited it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Gilgamesh
    I'm kind of confused because of the whole Veto competition. What really happend? We know something was botched during the original one, and of course, James won the second. I know they directed the hampsters to wear their original clothing, so I figured it was going to be a two part thing. Guess not?
    I think it was intended to be completed on Saturday, but the thing they were bailing the water into was leaking, so every time they brought more water it was empty again. So they had to redo the whole thing Sunday. If they asked them to wear their original clothes, it was probably so the editors could splice together footage from both days.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    I rely heavily on the wonderful transcribers to know what is "really" happening in the house. I even forced my husband to watch a video clip of the fight. I was very disappointed with last night's show. Michael is no angel, but he is more of the victim and we know that CBS knows that.

I did see a post somewhere that perhaps they had to keep Eric in because of Maggie (wouldn't be fair for her to lose her partner). Still not sure what should have happened, but I wanted more of the witch hunt to be revealed for those that don't care to know the live feeds.

My ox is broken. Colin in TAR5

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLoo
    I did see a post somewhere that perhaps they had to keep Eric in because of Maggie (wouldn't be fair for her to lose her partner). Still not sure what should have happened, but I wanted more of the witch hunt to be revealed for those that don't care to know the live feeds.
    I wanted to see a little bit more of the witch hunt, too, but I think they did a fairly decent job of showing it. They did show the scene with Michael and Kaysar talking about how everything was great one day and then the next day it was all of a sudden like he was a sexual predator.

They also did a fairly decent job of starting to show Ivette as the loud-mouthed idiot that she is.. but I wish they had left in more of her idiotic conversation at the table with Kaysar just before the fight.

I was annoyed, too, that they showed a lot of Michael and Janelle's negative comments about Crappy and Ivette, when those clearly came only after all of the provoking that C&I did of Michael. Michael was harmless, yet quirky, prior to this week's firing squad.

One thing that was fun to hear, as it wasn't shown in the feeds but it contributes to Eric and Maggie's conversation about booting out James next, was Crappy saying that he was glad that James won POV because "James thinks we're in an alliance so it serves me well" to have him win it. They showed more of Crappy's scheming and paranoia, so he is no longer being portrayed as the fabulous firefighter hero.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I also enjoyed getting to see the Kaysar - Ivette standoff. I'm not sure where she came up with the idea that he doesn't respect women but that REALLY seemed to tick him off, I'm glad someone finally stood up to her though. She needs to be knocked off the horse.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

They did not show Michael saying he was just going to leave of his own volition. Then, after speaking with Kaysar and Janelle, he decided to stick it out until the eviction (presumably knowing he would go). Editing certainly made Eric look like the hero. CBS probably was hoping for an All American Firefighter Hero. I think they got the opposite of that.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    On the show, they actually showed an elf (ironically, it was a fairly big guy) in the middle of the yard, fully clothed, directing housemates on where to go, after the fight.

wait a minute! did i miss something? i heard him, but i didn't SEE anyone! but then again, i was looking at eric still. i gotta go rewind it see!!

** okay, i rewinded and i STILL don't see anyone in the yard. ya tease!!!
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 07-20-2005 at 09:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread