+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Differences between the show and the feeds, aka EDITING

Quote Originally Posted by kitty
    This is what I sent to CBS (like it makes a difference).

Is Eric doing the editing on "Big Brother"? The difference between what is shown on the live feeds and what is shown on TV is astounding. There is a definite bias towards the so called "friendship" that I and other on reality websites have noticed. How can you in all fairness show Ivette as such a sad, angel type. She has spouted so much hate that I will not let my grown children listen to her. Her hatred of Muslims and Iraqi people is disturbing. I so realize that this is a TV show but it is supposedly reality. If this blantant distortion of what is going on the house continues, I will stop watching and will cancel my feeds. I have watch "big brother" since the first season. I look forward to it every year. I love this show but cannot stomach what is going on. I will start watch shows like "Desperate housewives" etc because I know that they are fiction and stripted. If you think that I am just a mere one person that will stop watching, think again. I am sure that for every single letter you get protesting this one sided portrail, there are hundreds that cannot be bothered to inform you. I am very disappointed that you think so little of your viewers to try to pull this off. I think that someone there needs a reality check.

A formerly devoted fan,
    Brenda
    Kitty, I just happened upon this thread while waiting for the feeds to come back up. This is an awesome letter that you have written!

After the frustration of watching tonight's show, I would love to see CBS bombarded with phone calls, e-mails, letters, etc. objecting to the way they are so obviously editing the Fraudship to look so much better than the Sovs. This is just making me sick!

Out of boredom, I went into one of the CBS chat rooms for BB a bit ago, and there are sooooo many pro-Maggie people in there I can't believe it. When I tried to tell them how different she really is, I was attacked for not supporting ER nurses, how wonderful medical people are for helping everyone in New Orleans, etc., etc. I couldn't believe it! I hadn't said a word about the medical profession, or the many wonderful people helping with the hurricane relief. They just couldn't separate the fact that Hagg is an ER nurse, and therefore must be a wonderful person. Unbelievable!

All of us that watch the live feeds know how she really is, along with the fact that she says she hates most of her patients. It's disgusting! Sadly, I'm afraid that the vast majority of viewers out there that are only seeing the program and not the live feeds are believing the same things that those in that the chat room tonight are.

Is this CBS's easy way out to provide a good ending by making the Hagg out to be some kind of great, good person, maybe even a heroine, if you will, for being an ER nurse, especially in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina? Ugh!

I'm contacting CBS by phone Monday morning and then will go from there. *Sigh* I don't know if it will do any good, but maybe it will help me feel better by expressing my feelings about this sham they have going on. Afterall, if they're going to edit to this extreme, then what is the point of having the live feeds? This is just way too frustrating!

Thanks for letting me vent, all!

ETA: Anyone know if this has been brought up on House Calls by any chance?
    Last edited by Bucky; 09-04-2005 at 12:17 AM.

If I hadn't found this site, I wouldn't have known the truth about them, either. I surely didn't realise what Maggie said about her patients. That's horrible! She and Eric deserve each other. I hope CBS is bombarded with protest. I can't believe those people in the chat room were so narrow minded.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

In the beginning before I started reading the live feeds, I saw bits and pieces of how horrible the friendship was. CBS really did damper it compared to what I saw and read on this site. I am so offended by Maggie. She is a disgrace to all that is working in the medical field today. That just makes me sad.

Someone just needs to foward this whole entire thread to someone in CBS to make the point that we are pissed. What's the point of having a sneak peek of the occurences in the house, when they aren't even portrayed that way on TV?

What did Maggie say about her patients?

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    What did Maggie say about her patients?
    Basically she said she hated most of her patients...it was in one of the feed transcript threads from this week, I can't remember which day.

Why become a nurse if you hate people? How can you give good care to someone if they disgust you? Grr....Maggie is a sickening human being.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky
    After the frustration of watching tonight's show, I would love to see CBS bombarded with phone calls, e-mails, letters, etc. objecting to the way they are so obviously editing the Fraudship to look so much better than the Sovs. This is just making me sick!

All of us that watch the live feeds know how she really is, along with the fact that she says she hates most of her patients. It's disgusting! Sadly, I'm afraid that the vast majority of viewers out there that are only seeing the program and not the live feeds are believing the same things that those in that the chat room tonight are.

Is this CBS's easy way out to provide a good ending by making the Hagg out to be some kind of great, good person, maybe even a heroine, if you will, for being an ER nurse, especially in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina? Ugh!

I'm contacting CBS by phone Monday morning and then will go from there. *Sigh* I don't know if it will do any good, but maybe it will help me feel better by expressing my feelings about this sham they have going on. Afterall, if they're going to edit to this extreme, then what is the point of having the live feeds? This is just way too frustrating
    I think the editing is just awful this year too. I do not have the live feeds, but I do check these forums daily if I can. I have seen the ugliness constantly spewing from the nerdherd and wait every week to see it portrayed on the show. Every week I am let down. Only once have they shown some of the true colors of them, but they sure show every mean thing the sovs say about them. It sucks! I am so frustrated by this. I really think they wanted Mr. All-American Fireman hero to win and now that that didn't work out (hahahahah) they want Gaggie to win as the ER nurse hero. It sickens me to think that people are fans of them. A lady that works with my mom is very pro-nerdherd and she doesn't follow the live feeds and thinks they are so good. I think CBS needs to be flooded with e-mails and calls telling them that their portrayal of the "saintly" nerherd is completely inaccurate and if they are doing this to hint at a nerdherd win than they are going to have a lot of angry viewers. Sorry for the rambling rant!

Quote Originally Posted by coleslaw50
    I think the editing is just awful this year too. I do not have the live feeds, but I do check these forums daily if I can. I have seen the ugliness constantly spewing from the nerdherd and wait every week to see it portrayed on the show. Every week I am let down. Only once have they shown some of the true colors of them, but they sure show every mean thing the sovs say about them. It sucks! I am so frustrated by this. I really think they wanted Mr. All-American Fireman hero to win and now that that didn't work out (hahahahah) they want Gaggie to win as the ER nurse hero. It sickens me to think that people are fans of them. A lady that works with my mom is very pro-nerdherd and she doesn't follow the live feeds and thinks they are so good. I think CBS needs to be flooded with e-mails and calls telling them that their portrayal of the "saintly" nerherd is completely inaccurate and if they are doing this to hint at a nerdherd win than they are going to have a lot of angry viewers. Sorry for the rambling rant!
    Coleslaw, I feel your pain. I have told my best friend about the feeds, written her about the feeds, and made her read the feeds. She resists it all... doesn't want any information to "ruin" the show. She loves Eric and Co.

My Mom, on the other hand, watches the show and still thinks the Nerds are awful. When I told her that they are far worse than that she said that what they showed was bad enough. She thinks they're portraying the Nerds positively because one of them will probably win. Good theory, but God forbid!

Quote Originally Posted by coleslaw50
    ...I really think they wanted Mr. All-American Fireman hero to win and now that that didn't work out (hahahahah) they want Gaggie to win as the ER nurse hero.
    Exactly, Coleslaw! He turned out to be such a pompous a** that there was no way they could redeem him no matter how hard they tried at editing.

If only they would let out the fact that he has a shock collar for his dog, how disgusting is that?! Sickening!!!

Hey, guys. Happy holiday for those of you who have it off today.

I just found this thread recently and wanted to let you know something that might make you feel a bit better.

I didn't start reading at the FORT until the first America's Choice - which of the three houseguests would be voted back in to the house? That is how it usually goes for me - I start out watching just the BB shows and then I eventually get so into it that for one reason or another (usually impatience for the next show when they leave us on an endurance competition for HOH), I race to find message boards of the live feeds.

(As an aside, I can't remember what site's transcipts I read in previous years, but they were NOTHING compared to the ease and greatness of FORT - this is the first time I've ever felt a desire to register on a board and join in the conversations/outrage.)

Anyway, the reason I came running to find a live feed message board for the America's Choice was because I suddenly, desperately needed to know if others felt the same way about Kaysar and his gorgeous brilliance, versus the annoying infancy of the other group. I wanted to know if "my" Kaysar had half a chance of getting voted back in or if it was just me clickity-clicking away on the CBS website on his behalf. Oh, happy day the first time I stumbled upon the FORT and saw that most of y'all were even more rabid about the things I felt to be true.

Although I didn't know (and would never have known) some of the specific nasty stuff most of the friendsheep members engage in without having read the live feeds - Ivette's racist tendencies, Maggie's admittance that she doesn't like her patients, and certainly not the fact that Eric's dog has a shock collar (awful, horrible, cruel thing to have and it makes me sick to think about it - Eric should be shocked hourly and see how he likes it) - I watched the shows with no live feed knowledge for that first month, and it was glaringly obvious how hypocritical and self-righteous the lying friendsheep members were.

Regardless of how much editing BB did, they couldn't get around the fact that unless they wanted to show NO footage of the sheep, America was not going to get behind them. All of my friends who watch the show, also with no live feed information, felt the same way. I'm sure this was probably pretty obvious to you guys when the 83% number came in for Kaysar.

But anyway, I thought you'd like to see the take of someone who didn't watch/hear/read live feeds for quite a while after the show began. I'm not saying BB didn't (and still doesn't) try to make the sheep look a little less inhuman than they really are in their editing, I'm just saying for a great many of us, we hated them anyway.
    "Kid, I have vision... and the rest of the world wears bi-focals." - Butch Cassidy

+ Reply to Thread