+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Feed Recap, 7/16: Saturday’s Child is Drunk and Angry

Live Feed Recap, 7/16: Saturday’s Child is Drunk and Angry

If you’re like me, a live feed subscriber, you learn to dread the fish tank. The incessant gurgle of the air bubbles in water has a tendency to send you running for the bathroom, and you can’t help but try to see what’s going on by peering in the tiny corner of the tank where a distorted piece of the living room is visible. The bad news for live feed subscribers is that the fish tanks were on for hours in a few different chunks today. The good news is that when the cameras weren’t blocked, what we saw made the price of the feeds worth it.

Fishy, Fishy, Fishy, Fish...Wherever I Did Go
    • The feeds were blocked in two large chunks today. The first was for the Power of Veto Competition. Afterwards, we found out that it was a disaster, and that Big Brother opened the gym for the hamsters to make up for the gruelling experience.
    • In case you didn’t catch that - Big Brother opened the not-so-secret weight room!
    • Tensions were building all evening between Eric, Ivette and Michael, especially. With most of the household in the backyard, Eric and Michael exchanged angry words. Suddenly, Eric jumped out of his chair and charged Michael. Within seconds the fish tanks were back in place.

Why is Cappy Angry, Mommy?

California is supposed to have perfect weather, but it’s been devilishly hot out here. The hamsters were warned before the POV competition started to drink water in preparation, and we can only imagine what it was like to compete for over four hours in the hottest part of the day. When the fish tanks finally dropped, the exhausted hamsters were scattered all over the house, and no clear winner could be found. Eventually, live feed watchers gathered that the competition was either just a practice run, or the first of two parts. However, Big Brother opened the weight room as compensation for the difficult day, which lends credence to the theory that it was one great big muck up out there.

As the two nominees, Michael and Janelle have been hanging out together. There’s been some snuggling (not much in the daytime), but mostly they are spending a lot of energy making fun of the other hamsters, especially Ivette and Eric. I don’t care how many times they show footage of Michael and Eric discussing strategy on the televised show: these two detest each other. Michael hates Eric for talking down to him about the definition of sexual harassment, and Eric hates Michael for ... well, why the heck does he hate Michael so much? Is he that close to Ivette that whomever she hates he dutifully hates too?

The evening started out on a sour note around dinnertime when Eric came out of the Diary Room with the news that BB had declared there would be no alcohol that evening. Oh-ho, not on Cappy’s watch! He stepped up to the plate when he didn’t have to just to earn that booze for the house! Eric was livid, and complained enough that eventually Big Brother gave in. *shaking head* That’s the first rule of dealing with children; you don’t send them mixed messages by capitulating to whining.

Soon the booze was flowing, and as the blood alcohol levels rose so did belligerent emotions. Ivette popped into the Gold Room where Michael, Janelle and Beau were, only to have Michael burp loudly in her direction. Ivette went into one of her most screechy modes: mortified outrage. She fled outside to report the horrific burp, then repeated story after story about Michael’s transgressions, including a joke about Eric’s family being descended from leprechauns. Somehow, in venting to her friends about Michael’s rudeness she also had a lot to say about Kaysar, who wasn’t even there. Ivette called him a “camel rider” and a “little bitch”, and oh, let’s not forget her insistence that Kaysar is “dirty.” As Ivette ranted on, Eric drank, and the more Eric drank, the more it became obvious that he was worlds away from being a happy drunk. I don’t think happy drunks threaten to kill their roommates if they dare to come out to the back yard.

Michael did come to the backyard, but avoided Eric and went straight to the group at the hot tub. Meanwhile, Kaysar was trying to calm down both camps, and had just sat down to have a calm conversation with Ivette - not an easy, nor pretty task.

Suddenly, words were flying across the back yard. “You got a problem with me?” shouted Eric from the table where he was listening to Kaysar and Ivette argue. There was some macho posturing back and forth, until Michael made a comment about Eric’s, um, physical shortcomings. Eric shot out of his lounge chair in a fierce charge toward Michael standing by the hot tub, screaming that no one dare talk about his family (probably a reference to the leprechaun joke). Ivette and Howie tried to restrain him, but he broke free. Kaysar inserted himself between Eric and Michael, who hadn’t moved from his position by the hot tub, but looked ready to take on Eric with his laser-like death stare. Ivette shouted “he’s going home” several times.

A Big Brother elf could be heard ordering Eric to the Diary Room “right now!” as the fish tanks slammed into place.

As Kurt Vonnegut would say, so it goes.

Booze: it really satisfies. Hepcat@fansofrealitytv.com
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thank you so much! That is far more detail than anyone anywhere else has given.

Keeping fingers crossed that Eric is out the door. I'm happy at least to have seen Michael through the little peephole in the fishtank.
    Big Brother No Sleep Addict

Great reacp hep... Lol...the fish must have been one hell of a nuisance...
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Wow, that is some nutty stuff! Thanks again, heppy, for another fantastic recap. BB would never be as good without you.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

WOW! I wish I had seen that! Please oh please let Eric be GONE!!!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Great recap!

I'm going to be laughing over the "Saturday’s Child is Drunk and Angry" title for a long time!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    VERY GOOD recap!! pretty much sums it up ...

Thanks for the great recap Hepcat! I don't have the live feeds so it;s so nice to have you guys giving us the real story of what goes on in that house. Unbelieveable what a jerk Eric is. Ivette sounds worse than BB3's Alli and Dana, and BB4's Diane all rolled together. Can't wait for her come-uppance as well... Although I want to see her stay around a bit and suffer first I just want Eric to go quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    The evening started out on a sour note around dinnertime when Eric came out of the Diary Room with the news that BB had declared there would be no alcohol that evening. Oh-ho, not on Cappy’s watch! He stepped up to the plate when he didn’t have to just to earn that booze for the house! Eric was livid, and complained enough that eventually Big Brother gave in. *shaking head* That’s the first rule of dealing with children; you don’t send them mixed messages by capitulating to whining.
    Amazing... Eric isn't satisfied bullying around the HG's; he even has the gall to bully BB as well!?!?!? And how sad that BB gave in to him.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    Amazing... Eric isn't satisfied bullying around the HG's; he even has the gall to bully BB as well!?!?!? And how sad that BB gave in to him.

he's acting all "humble" this morning ... i doubt it will last.

Thanks for the recap, Hep. Sounds like the hamsters had a very eventful day.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast