+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acronyms/abbreviations

Okay one more updated since we're getting close to the show! I've added a few...

JL (Janelle)
    JM (James)
    JF (Jennifer
    MG (Maggie)
    HW (Howie)
    KA (Kaysar)
    BO (Beau)
    MC (Michael)
    IV (Ivette)
    AS (Ashlea)
    AP (April)
    ER (Eric)
    SA (Sarah)
    RA (Rachel) *I've also thought about RY for her*

POV (Power of Veto)
    HOH (Head of House)

HOH room
    HOH bath (I kind of figure that room and bath on these are short enough already.)
    BATH (general bath)

UP (for that loft thing upstairs)
    LV (living room)
    SR or SBR (for subway bedroom)
    RR or RBR (for rainbow bedroom, which is the hidden one)
    BY (back yard)
    DR (diary room)
    ST (store room...or is this used so infrequently that it doesn't need one?)
    KTCH (kitchen) on this, not sure...maybe.

Ideas? comments? complaints? Thanks to anyone above who suggested anything, hopefully I have incorporated your ideas into this list. If not, PLEASE give ANY feedback on this.....I tried to use the most obvious intialisms (thanks, Newfherder for "intialisms"!) that I could think of, for easier reading by all.

I am SOOO looking forward to the show starting, can you TELL??

*I thought of something else...

BB time (obviously the time it is in the house)
    HGS (houseguests...although they are lovingly refered to as hamsters so much!)
    F1, F2, etc (which camera feed the transcriptionist is viewing...handing if more than one person is transcribing.)
    FISH (means the feed has gone to the fish tank, this has also been FOTH before for "front of the house" but now they show fish, as least they are at the moment)

Talula just mentioned below about a possible weight room, and suggested W8 for that. WR is also an option on that. (thanks Talula!)

*HEY I went over 2,000 posts and didn't even NOTICE!!! yayy!*
    Last edited by suncat7; 07-07-2005 at 01:21 AM.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Didn't someone say there was a weight room, too? Perhaps you could use 'W8' for that on? Just a thought. Unless, we're using all letter abbreviations. I just read the transcriptions, don't type them. Is it more of a pain to throw a number in there?

Thanks Talula, I added it to the list, also with an optional version for everyone's opinions! If you think of any more, post them!

I actually thought that teh rainbow bedroom was the other part of the subway bedroom, the part with the nice beds. The secret bedroom looks very beige and luxurious.

Maybe SBR for subway room, and SCR for secret bedroom?

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    I actually thought that teh rainbow bedroom was the other part of the subway bedroom, the part with the nice beds. The secret bedroom looks very beige and luxurious.

Maybe SBR for subway room, and SCR for secret bedroom?
    Hi Coksy, any of them are up for change, especially as we find things out! I was watching a clip on real player, just now...and it looks for all intents and purposes that the Rainbow Room & Subway room are like one big room, right??? I'm still searching stuff out. I thought the beige room was the HOH room, so I could be waaaayyy off. The double shower is pretty funky! LOL (and colorful!)

ETA: I just looked at pics, and I see now that BOTH the HOH room and the Secret Room look beige! And niiiiiiice!

Suncat: The Rainbow Room and Subway Room are one big room. The HOH room is fairly beige, but the Secret Room is even more beige if that makes any sense. Waywyrd posted a pic of it over in the show forum. The floor in the HOH room is darker than the floor in the Secret Room, and the wall behind the HOH bed is a rust color. I wish the Secret Room photo showed the whole room, it must have more than one bed, wouldn't you think? Maybe we'll find out tonight. I can't wait.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Yo Flo whip me up a bagel vanillakraut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I came up with a tentative list of players names....

KA (Kaysar) *I started to use "KY" for him, but then I think "kentucky"

Or Jelly!
    Snootchie Bootchies.

Another update, cleaned up a bit, as it grows near, add any ideas, comments.

JL (Janelle)
    JM (James)
    JF (Jennifer
    MG (Maggie)
    HW (Howie)
    KA (Kaysar)
    BO (Beau)
    MC (Michael)
    IV (Ivette)
    AS (Ashlea)
    AP (April)
    ER (Eric)
    SA (Sarah)
    RA (Rachel)

POV (Power of Veto)
    HOH (Head of House)
    HOH room
    HOH bath (I kind of figure that room and bath on these are short enough already.)
    BATH (general bath)
    UP (for that loft thing upstairs)
    LV (living room)
    RR (for rainbow bedroom which is actually the rainbow/subway bedroom)
    BY (back yard)
    DR (diary room)
    KTCH (kitchen)

BB time (obviously the time it is in the house)
    HGS (houseguests...although they are lovingly refered to as hamsters so much!)
    F1, F2, etc (which camera feed the transcriptionist is viewing...handing if more than one person is transcribing.)
    FISH (means the feed has gone to the fish tank, this has also been FOTH before for "front of the house" but now they show fish, as least they are at the moment)

Possible addition of W8 or WR for weight room, unless the weights are only in the back yard.

FORT Fanatic
    Those initialisms seem great.
    They showed the weight room on one of the house tours that I watched on another site, and it has more equipment than they used to have in the back yard. It's locked behind a glass door and the HGs can't get into it until they figure out the code for the door.

The initials for the rooms are easy. But it's going to be tough deciphering the code for the houseguests. Wouldn't it be easier to type, like, the first half of their names, than to remember the initials? It would be a heck of a lot easier to read.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast