+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Feeds Are Live

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat
    ...is there any good that we can pretend like we are doing for the world by being glued to the feeds??
    Nope... but think of all of the happy FORTers that are going to appreciate your live feed transcriptions.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Veto...my favorite yellow fish...that's him on the right...no, the left, no the right...well, Veto the fish is looking forward to us viewing the actual houseguests because he's tried of holding his fish-tummy in trying to look slimmer on the feeds...(they all add ten pounds, you know!)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Nope... but think of all of the happy FORTers that are going to appreciate your live feed transcriptions.
    HEY! That IS doing good for the world!! Now the rest of us potential addicts will instead only be addicted to your summaries!!

And, suncat7, on Veto's tummy!

I'm another broke n'busted person, saving every penny for summer vacation, which isn't until August 27. Oh, but watching BB is a vacation ritual for me and mine! This is just the wrong time of year for me to spend anything. Now if BB was right after income tax refund time, that would be a different story!

Unlike the other shows, BB is one where I want to know everything, any and all spoilers, long long audio clips from another site (I won't say the name in case I'm not allowed, but it's a guy's name that begins with an "M").

So I will live vicariously through all of you, and I'm actually finding the fish narration exciting! I can't wait.

This is my first year using the live feeds. The video quality of the fish is not great, how do I fix this, and how good does it get?

PS Thanks for all who updated the Live Feeds last year, you got me hooked!

Barb

FORT Fanatic
    So, how do the live feed transcriptions work? - Meaning, does anyone who wants to transcribe just pick a feed/time, do it and post it, or is there a sign-up sheet? What is the length of time (viewing time) that most people transcribe?
    Thanks.

FORT Fanatic
    Hi all-

My sister just subscribed to the feeds (Season Pass, $29.99, and all that jazz), and wants to know how to get anything to show up. I told her most of you just saw the fish tank, but she can't even get that.

Since I don't have them, I can't tell her what to click on. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I won't get a moment's peace until she can get her feeds to work. haha

-Cathy

Actually, CBS does not supply the feeds until after the first show airs. After the first show airs, you can just open up your RealPlayer and it says something about Big Brother and you can set it to your desktop. But until then, you have to find the feeds somewhere else. I've gone to mortystv.com and that website supports the feeds.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by cowchpotaytoe
    Actually, CBS does not supply the feeds until after the first show airs. After the first show airs, you can just open up your RealPlayer and it says something about Big Brother and you can set it to your desktop. But until then, you have to find the feeds somewhere else. I've gone to mortystv.com and that website supports the feeds.
    Thanks very much! I'll let my sis know, so she can stop bugging me about it. :-)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat
    So, how do the live feed transcriptions work? - Meaning, does anyone who wants to transcribe just pick a feed/time, do it and post it, or is there a sign-up sheet? What is the length of time (viewing time) that most people transcribe?
    Thanks.
    I'm just a reader, but what I saw was that people seemed to be watching and making notes but then posting in 15 min. or so blocks. So not a separate post for every minute or so, but the posters would pile up several minutes of observations and then post them all at once. Sometimes we'd have more than one person posting on the same scene, but that was ok as they sometimes reported on different aspects, or one heard clearly what another didn't. Also sometimes with the multiple cams one person is focusing on one and another on another. And sometimes no one was posting. The problem was that the hamsters seem to sleep late and party all night, so when we had the most viewers watching the fish were more exciting than the people.

+ Reply to Thread