+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeds Are Live

FORT Fanatic
    Hi everyone...I'm relatively new here, but decided to sign up for the live feed after reading everyone's posts.
    I'm having the same trouble with the desktop shortcut looping back to nowhere-land. I've called customer support and am now being transferred to the third person - they want to tell me "well, the show doesn't even start until 7/7," but I won't be swayed.
    Pasting in the link from hepcat takes me to the fishtank view *yea* but cannot seem to get there any other way...
    We'll see if tech support will get it fixed...

FORT Fanatic
    Well, after 45 min. on the phone, still no resolution. They are insisting that there should be no feed up right now (even though there is - the fishtank) and won't answer my question about whether the desktop shortcut will work by next Thurs.
    The final guy's answer was that I am supposed to email him the shortcut as an attachment and he will research it.
    My big question is - why would they allow people to sign up for the live feed, have the links not working...but supposedly have no idea that it is available and be confused that anyone would have feed of the fishtank???
    I'm feeling frustrated and may cancel the whole thing before the free trial ends...

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat
    Well, after 45 min. on the phone, still no resolution. They are insisting that there should be no feed up right now (even though there is - the fishtank) and won't answer my question about whether the desktop shortcut will work by next Thurs.
    The final guy's answer was that I am supposed to email him the shortcut as an attachment and he will research it.
    My big question is - why would they allow people to sign up for the live feed, have the links not working...but supposedly have no idea that it is available and be confused that anyone would have feed of the fishtank???
    I'm feeling frustrated and may cancel the whole thing before the free trial ends...
    Armacobrat...I'm going to private message you with some info that might help you out.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I'm not paying for it this year.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Question: How fast does your computer have to be to get the live feed and get decent feed. I just got Directway, will this be good enough? I heard people complaining who had dial up last year.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Jahim, Kimberlydt, does this URL work for you?

rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=cam1_225.r m

If not, you may have to download the most current version of Realplayer. When you sign up, it should have walked you through that.

The 14-day pass was offered on the www.real.com page when I last looked.

ETA: On that URL above, you have to copy and paste it into your browser window. It should launch a little window (Realplayer).
    OK, I downloaded (and signed up for) the live feeds. I put that URL in my browser and I guess they did shut off the live feed of the fish that they swore was not on! I now at least get a BB6 thingie that says they will be right back or something like that.
    Thanks for all the tips on this page; they have help bunches!!!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Broadway! So true, so true. I'm definitely getting the feeds again and will be transcribing. I will also have my big jar of M&Ms ready.
    Ex!! I'll be here, too, but not until after the first show. I'll be in Mexico!

But I'll be looking for your chocolate-laden transcripts from the first week.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicechick
    OK, I downloaded (and signed up for) the live feeds. I put that URL in my browser and I guess they did shut off the live feed of the fish that they swore was not on! I now at least get a BB6 thingie that says they will be right back or something like that.
    Thanks for all the tips on this page; they have help bunches!!!
    Dicegirl, I pm'ed you with info that should enable you to watch the fishies.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I read somewhere that you don't start getting feeds until one week into the show. Is that true? I'm kind of confused as to when I should get them. Now or closer to July 7 or after?

FORT Fanatic
    Well, this evening around 5:50pm CDT, there was a flurry of activity outside the fishtank. A lot of people - looked like men and women - moving around...one guy even standing right next to the tank talking.
    It almost looked like I could see the reflection of someone sitting in a chair. Has anyone else seen that? In the upper right corner of the fishtank view is where you see people walking by - but on the right hand side of that sliver of a view, I believe it is a mirror, reflecting what is going on outside the tank on the left side.
    I know it's really inconsequential - but I love trying to use my super sleuth skills to figure out what is going on.

+ Reply to Thread