+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Big Brother 16 (premieres Wed. June 25) - News and Speculation

Big Brother 16 (premieres Wed. June 25) - News and Speculation

Didn't know where to put this so I just started a new thread. CBS has picked up Big Brother for Season 16.

Re: Big Brother 15 - News & Speculation (premieres June 26th)

Gee, who will they cast for the next one? Terrorists, rapists, and pedophiles? This show ceased to entertain me years ago.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Re: Big Brother 16 News and Speculation

Ehh... I'll try to watch the TV show. Won't bother with live feeds though, unless I really like the cast.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Big Brother 15 - News & Speculation (premieres June 26th)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Gee, who will they cast for the next one? Terrorists, rapists, and pedophiles? This show ceased to entertain me years ago.
    Yes I heard they are resurrecting Hitler and releasing Charles Manson from prison, just so they can be on this show.
    Punkin and Thor like this.

Re: Big Brother 16 News and Speculation

Here is the press release from the CBS website (http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1001233/)

News: Big Brother Renewed!

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 02:05pm

Big Brother has been renewed for its 16th edition!

CBS announced today that BIG BROTHER, the summer reality hit, has been renewed for its 16th edition, to be broadcast next summer.

BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK, the live, late night companion show will also return next summer to the basic cable network TVGN after being renewed for an additional season.

BIG BROTHER, which recently celebrated its 500th episode, premiered on CBS in 2000 and has since established itself as a summer staple with one of television’s most socially engaged fan bases. This summer, BIG BROTHER is averaging 7.29 million viewers, 2.6 in adults 18-49 and 3.1 in adults 25-54. Compared to last year, BIG BROTHER is up +11% in viewers, +8% in adults 18-49 and +7% in adults 25-54.

The special 90-minute finale of the current installment of BIG BROTHER, when the final three Houseguests will compete for the $500,000 prize, will be broadcast Wednesday, Sept. 18 (9:30-11:00 PM, ET/PT) immediately following the season premiere of SURVIVOR.

BIG BROTHER is executive produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol USA.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Big Brother 16 (2014) - News and Speculation

Jeepers...the awful cast and viewing was up....I guess we know what that means for future casting.

So I guess this means that AG will still be in charge? They seriously need to get a new producer in there!

♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫
    ~* stacerace76 *~
    ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Punkin likes this.

If there was some other decent programming in the same time slot as BB, it wouldn't have near the ratings it has. If there isn't a more diverse cast next year, I will find something better to do with my time.

Unfortunately, I think the majority of viewing public doesn't have live feeds or read message boards. Had I not read the message boards, I would have a totally different opinion on some of the housequests.

Though CBS chose to show Aaryn's racial comments and Amanda's bully ways, several of the others skated home free..GM, Andy, Spencer. I wouldn't have had the disdain I have for them had I not read the message boards.

So, of course, the things they chose to show on TV, brought in viewers. It's like that car wreck you can't look away from.
    Punkin likes this.

there have been quite a few past hg on twitter posting links to "get them voted onto BB16 All stars" I have not seen anything official saying 16 will be an all stars, but just wanted to put it out there as speculation already.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

they need to have every house rat be over the age of 35, but ugly as mud and an equal number of women to men. ALL with no aspirations other than getting to do something different than the mundane daily jobs.

and also no want to be famous hos or media exposure. Just plain "mediocre" average people that are up for something different to try

they then need to have contests. Cleanest room ....steak dinner. one who washes the most dishes...all food cooked for you for a day...cleanest bathroom, you get the HOH bathroom alone

if you don't wash your bedsheets or towels you do not get clean ones. Things like this should be part of it
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-26-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast