Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, it is. How sad is that.
    Exactly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

Re: Aaryn Gries - BB15

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I understand why CBS would not evict her. Being a bad person is not against the rules of the game, and they can't be in the business of removing people from the house just because the audience doesn't like them. As Dick proved, being a jerk can be game play. This is a good season for it to happen to CBS, because viewers have more of a hand in the game. They were honest on the show about how she is behaving. Now America has seen it, and can make choices on who to vote for MVP (and who an MVP may nominate) based on it.
    If people can lose their jobs, reputation and lively hood for making racist/homophobic remarks, I think that they should be put out of a game to win half a million dollars. I wrote several letters to cbs saying that and more. I don't believe for a moment that before CBS received so much complaint email and phone (and a mail/room friend said it was a massive amount) calls that they planned to air some of what she said. For me, this was more than being a bad person. And if they get Elissa out this week as MVP, it really doesn't seem to be a benefit being MVP. I just hope Aaryn, Spencer, and GM get voted out before sequester. I don't feel they should be rewarded for their words. Dick was verbally abusive but not racist. To me as an african american there is a difference, although being a bully is a terrible thing too.

FORT Fogey

I don't think the comparison to what people can lose a job for applies to a reality show. After all, people can also lose their jobs for sleeping with a co-worker at work or drinking, but those activities take place in the Big Brother house all the time ... and are encouraged / celebrated by the producers. The normal rules for employment don't apply.
    scoot13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I like her solely based on appearance and the written comments.
    This is why I never form an opinion on anyone based on their attire or demeanor. Actions speak louder than any "ladylike" facade.
    KareyR2 likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    This is why I never form an opinion on anyone based on their attire or demeanor. Actions speak louder than any "ladylike" facade.
    Good call.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

I wonder if there will be a change in the rules after this season, because of all the hate speech this season. If there isn't a rule in place regarding racist/sexist/homophobic language now, they really can't do anything about it. But if enough viewers make it clear to CBS that they object to what's happening in the house now and ratings suffer because of it, they may feel forced to make changes.

What's kind of sad is that, in the past, contestants on BB and other reality shows have actually learned to like and respect people who were different than they were and from groups with whom they'd had little contact before. The exact opposite seems to be happening this year.
    bearwme1 and kelly54 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    What's kind of sad is that, in the past, contestants on BB and other reality shows have actually learned to like and respect people who were different than they were and from groups with whom they'd had little contact before. The exact opposite seems to be happening this year.
    It all depends on who they cast. BB10 (Dan's first season) was perfect, because there was a mix of older and younger people, and a wider variety of backgrounds. Keesha never would have been BFFs with someone like Renny if it weren't for the house.

But then there are casts like this one and BB9 and BB11 and BB4, where too many of them are selfish, entitled young people, and it turns into The Real World more than BB, and becomes sickening fast.
    bearwme1, KareyR2 and tapper01 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

What an UGLY and IGNORANT person Aaryn is. And the sad part is.... even when Amanda brought it to her attention of her racists ways... Aaryn wouldn't even acknowledge her behavior/actions. HOW DARE her compare being called "Barbie" to what she has been saying and/or her imitations... PATHETIC and COMPLETING DISGUISTING!!!

Its DEFINITELY time for Aaryn to go!!!!!

With Aaryn..... What you see is what you get... SOOOO SAD!!!!!!

FORT Fogey

Aaryn certainly did show her true colors when Amanda was talking to her, and it was not pretty! It's one thing for a person to say insensitive things not realizing the impact that they have. But when faced with the impact, to continue to be insensitive is just pathetic. I thought Amanda did a really nice job of confronting her with it in a way that seemed non-confrontational and would help Amanda to not get too defensive. But, because Aaryn can't see past her own nose, and is clearly WAY to focused on herself, she doens't have the ability to consider another person's feelings. I hope that she behaves that way as a result of immaturity and will grow out of it some day ... but I doubt it. Oh well, that self-centered and self-involved, she may just have a future as the villian on a Real Housewives show some day.
    tapper01 likes this.

It is going to be very interesting to see how Julie handles this when Aaryn is evicted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast