+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers*

Re: 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers*

I can't believe how many HoH comps they aren't letting people see from start to finish. The point is to watch the competition, not to see them start, then see 4 minutes of commercials and promos. It's just wrong.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by sonii82;4035517;
    If Brendon doesn't win this he is going to complain that he was too big to fit through the ropes.
    I know everyone thinks Brendon's complaining is hilarious, but those first two endurance comps did favour people with smaller feet, that's just a fact.
    If everyone's standing on a platform that's the same length or width, those with smaller feet will probably have an advantage.
    That doesn't necessarily mean the competition gets into the realm of being unfair or fixed, but it certainly looked easier for Matt and Ragan to stand on the paint can than it did for the guys with bigger feet.
    Unless they're going to make these comps ergonomically perfect for each contestant it's likely every one will favour one body type or another.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-12-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest;4035504;
    I agree and not only that, it seemed to me Rachel was stunned and sad at the same time when talking to Julie. It was as if she knew she should have interacted more with the houseguests and not fight with them all the time. Now, she is out of the BB house.
    I think that she realized what a piece of work she was in the house. No one had anything bad to say, I know that the goodbyes were strategic, but Rachel was horrid in the house. When Brendon said his goodbye, her expression was like disgust. Brendon sucked in challenges and Rachel knows it! I don't think Rachel likes "weak" guys.
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4035554;
    I know everyone thinks Brendon's complaining is hilarious, but those first two endurance comps did favour people with smaller feet, that's just a fact.
    If everyone's standing on a platform that's the same length or width, those with smaller feet will probably have an advantage.
    That doesn't necessarily mean the competition gets into the realm of being unfair or fixed, but it certainly looked easier for Matt and Ragan to stand on the paint can than it did for the guys with bigger feet.
    Unless they're going to make these comps ergonomically perfect for each contestant it's likely every one will favour one body type or another.
    But all competitions favour someone. Quizzes about events in the house favour those with a good memory, or the sense to study. Bowling favours those with good hand-eye coordination. There is no way to make all competitions equal for all participants, unless they are purely luck based.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4035739;
    But all competitions favour someone. Quizzes about events in the house favour those with a good memory, or the sense to study. Bowling favours those with good hand-eye coordination. There is no way to make all competitions equal for all participants, unless they are purely luck based.
    Well of course they do, which is why I don't see that it's a big deal for Brendon to point out that the previous two HoH comps favoured people with smaller feet.
    This latest hoh comp seems to favour people with greater physical strength.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was it just me, or did Julie Chen look like she could be pregnant again? The more I looked, the more I was convinced.

And what was that Enzo said when he was in the pool and was trying to say "the laws of physics"? Something like "phyzgs"? You know, that's not a particularly difficult word to pronounce. It came out all twisted up! That was just stupid....but what can you expect from a man who wants to be called "the meow-meow"?

The best way to hurt Brendon was to get Rachel out. He ought to be an easy mark now. She was his strength.

I want the have-nots to have turnips and tofu......YUCK-OOOOO!!!! Give me escargot and eggplant all day long!!! Bologna is OK, but it's not escargot, which I find to be majorly good!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I said in the show thread a couple of weeks ago that I thought she was pregnant, she looked like she might be even mroe so this week.
    If she's not, then that was one very unflattering top she had on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm not really liking Ragan as the saboteur. It is hard to imagine him as a professor when his comments are all so immature.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4035858;
    I said in the show thread a couple of weeks ago that I thought she was pregnant, she looked like she might be even mroe so this week.
    If she's not, then that was one very unflattering top she had on.
    I thought that the top was kind of cute, but people in her line of work don't usually wear loose garments unless there's a specific reason. Just the way the top was falling, I thought it looked like there was a little pooch.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The last two shows Ragan has just seemed mean and catty which has fit perfectly in with Britneys mean girl act, Ragan has become the new Monet. They have become the atypical "cool" highschool kids able to dish it but not take it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast