+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 7/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;3982445;
    I rather wish Brendon hadn't won POV, because he's getting on my nerves. You'd think he was the only person on the planet who'd ever gotten an advanced degree. Good grief, there are four people in that house with advanced degrees. But what I found really irritating was his remark that he hated being around "ignorant people" and that he wasn't accustomed to it. Look, I've been to graduate school, and not everyone there is the sharpest tool in the shed either. For that matter, there are also plenty of bright people without degrees from whom I've learned a lot. And really, he said that while snuggling with Rachel, who despite her interest in chemistry, has exhibited some stupidity of her own. Isn't she the one who referred to Andrew wearing a "yom kippur"?
    I don't know if anyone else caught it, but she also said there was a "siesta" going on in the back yard during the POV. I kinda liked Britney's comment about Rachel not making her money in chemistry!

Favorite quotes of the night:
    Annie - "I wouldn't trust her with a 10 foot pole."
    Britney - "...and I got off scotch free."
    These people are idiots!
    I like Brendon and Rachel. I think it's sweet that they found such a connection already.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 07-14-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3982404;
    why do they think they have to yell in the Diary room?
    That's seems to be just Hayden. So annoying. I'm starting not to like him, I don't like his reasoning for his nomination. I feel like it was pure jealousy. I like how Brendan pretty much threatened him more than once.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;3982485;
    I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps it's in reference to something that's been going on in the house that we haven't seen a lot of on screen?

I also was confused by Andrew leaping up and saying that everyone should know he couldn't be the saboteur, because no one in the house knew anything about Judaism, thus eliminating them all as possible life long friends of his. It seemed like a doubly stupid comment. First, if you did go into a house with a lifelong friend, it seems to me that you'd do everything you could to avoid making it obvious that you had a connection, including knowing a lot about things that were important to each other. Second, does he really know enough about everyone in the house to know they know nothing about Judaism? I think if I were a houseguest, I'd try to avoid subjects that might be obviously tricky to discuss with a group of people I didn't know very well but with whom I hoped to be living for a while--and that would include topics like religion, politics etc. Why risk upsetting people, especially early in the game?
    And thirdly, the saboteur didn't say that HE/SHE was lifelong friends with someone in the house, they said two people. So claiming no one knows enough about Judaism to be his lifelong friend doesn't prove anything about him not being the saboteur...

The two people who are life-long friends are Brittney and Kathy. It's obvious.
    Peekaboo...I see you!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat;3982497;
    And thirdly, the saboteur didn't say that HE/SHE was lifelong friends with someone in the house, they said two people. So claiming no one knows enough about Judaism to be his lifelong friend doesn't prove anything about him not being the saboteur...

Good point. I didn't quite catch what the saboteur said about the lifelong friends, because I was momentarily distracted. I saw Andrew's reaction and misunderstood the details of what had been said.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3982490;
    Favorite quotes of the night:
    Annie - "I wouldn't trust her with a 10 foot pole."
    Britney - "...and I got off scotch free."
    These people are idiots!
    I like Brendon and Rachel. I think it's sweet that they found such a connection already.
    I also liked Lane saying that he doesn't appreciate getting dairy in the face and that on the farm, he never saw mayo coming out of a pony and that was just wrong. Actually, I'd be a little concerned if I saw mayo coming out of anything on the farm, other than the refrigerator.

Enjoyed Enzo remarking that he had to go "street" on the pinata too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo;3982503;
    Maybe it's Annie and Brittany--and they're just doing a really, really good job of hiding it.

Which two houseguests had the green X's on their memory wall photos in the first episode? Now that the saboteur has said that it should be "obvious" who have been life-long friends... I'm beginning to think that the X's were their way of showing it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo;3982503;
    Do we know last names of either of them? We might be able to do some Google-fu (as my DH would say) on them and figure out. Although the look a lot alike, I doubt they are mother & daughter unless Kathy was a teen mom (which still could be). But they could be aunt & niece.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast