+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Recap 2/26 - I See Dead People

Big Brother Recap 2/26 - I See Dead People

Last week saw Jen and Parker evicted leaving Allison free to cozy up to Ryan. Sheila is also happy that her one ally remains in the house. If she was a little nicer to her partner, she might have at least one more friend. I’m just sayin’. James and Chelsia won HOH and Matt was promised he wouldn’t be nominated. As we know, Alex/Amanda and Matt/Natalie were nominated for eviction leaving Matt furious about the double-cross. In his words, never trust anyone with pink haiyah (That’s hair to all of us who are not Bostonians).

Do you speak New York?

Although they promised Mattie he was safe this week, James and Chelsia nominated him. Now, those of us who have watched the show for a while know that lying and double-crossing is one sure way to put a target on your back. James’ reason? He lied for strategic purposes because they need Matt and Natalie to play for POV to ensure Alex and Amanda’s eviction. Amanda feels they’re on the block because they’re one of the stronger teams; however, Alex knows the truth. Amanda has run her mouth so much that everyone wants her gone. When she approaches him after the nomination ceremony, Alex tells her, “Don’t jump around near me” which I assume is New York for “Get your ass away from me.”

Both Chelsia and James realize they’ll be on the block next week. James doesn’t feel bad at all about being a double-crossah. He realizes that lying, stealing, and cheating is the spirit of the game and is willing to do it to get to the end. He’s right, of course. However, there’s only one Will Kirby. I’ll die my hair pink if I’m wrong. I don’t think James has the same power of persuasion and ability to manipulate to make it to the end of this game as Dr. Will did.

Amanda has trouble taking a hint. She approaches Alex who is sulking outside in the rain. He tells her to give him some time because he doesn’t want to lash out at her. Still not getting it, she encourages him to keep a positive attitude. He says he has one towards the game but his attitude towards her is very negative because all of the reasons they’re nominated have to do with her.

Cleaning the bathroom in their swimsuits, Allison and Natalie act out a showdown Old West style with Windex bottles as guns. Bored much? While Allison is playing bikini cowgirl, Amanda and Matt talk to her BFF, Sheila about her. Amanda points out that last week, Allison was with Sheila 24/7; but now that she’s off the block, she’s working everyone else. Sheila vows she won’t let it happen. She usually goes with her gut feelings on people and her gut says that Allison played her like a fiddle. Okay, she didn‘t say fiddle. That just your friendly recapper taking a little liberty because figurative language tends to make the recap a better read.

Matt calls James out on the double-cross. He reminds James that he shook his hand as he told him he was safe and thought was a straight up dude, not a lying weasel. According to James, they’re just afraid because they’re both cocky and formed an instant friendship. He’s breaking that up this week. Matt thinks if they didn’t have partners, they wouldn’t be on the block, but Alex isn’t so sure. He thinks James is one tricky bastard. James reminds them once again that it is a game and if he makes it to the end, people will vote for him based on how he played the game. He encourages them to play hard for POV and they plan to do so. If he survives the week, Alex vows to take revenge on James and Chelsia. Famous last words.

Goin' Nuts

As host of the POV competition, Adam tells the participants that the team that solves the puzzle will not only win POV, but also establish contact with the outside world. Packed in thousands of pounds of peanuts, there are cables that can be used to reestablish communication. Houseguests must connect the cables to the utility poles correctly to win. However, it’s not as easy as it sounds. The cables are all different lengths as well as the distances between poles. Matching the cable to the correct pole proves to be a challenge. Joshuah thinks they have it but just as he’s about to hit the buzzer, Sharon points out they’re missing one cable. They dig through more peanuts for the last cable as Amanda and Alex are close to finishing. Just seconds ahead of Alex and Amanda, they attach the cable and Joshuah runs for the buzzer. The red light comes on signifying a connection and a win.

Since they’ve reestablished a connection with the outside world, current news starts flashing across a screen in the backyard. “John McCain remains the frontrunner in the Republican primary.” “Barack Obama takes the lead over Hillary Clinton.” “Britney Spears to regain access to her two sons.” “The Hudson River Virus is threatening those cut off from the outside world…” The last bit of news makes Matt a little nervous. Concern yourself with the viruses Natalie is carrying, Matt. Forget about the fictitious ones! James noticed the four colors used in the competition are the ones in the habitrail. He thinks this may be a clue to further him in the game. Note to James: Say no to drugs, man.

While Allison is busy plucking Matt’s eyebrows and commenting on her love for grooming men, Sheila notes that she’s hanging out with everyone in the house except her. Jealousy doesn’t look good on a 45 year old woman. Sheila blabs to Natalie things that Allison has confided in her and calls her a two-faced bitch. Meanwhile, Joshuah is eavesdropping on the other side of the wall. Yeah, it’s already been established that this group has no class. Sheila then corners Mattie in the storage room and continues her rant about how Allison has betrayed her. Mattie doesn’t say much but nods in agreement. He thinks she’s a mental case and most likely doesn’t want to risk crossing her. Sharon is listening outside the door and runs straight up to HOH to give Allison all the dirt.

Allison decides to confront Sheila. She’s pissed off because she’s listened to Sheila’s stories for hours on end and can’t believe she’s talking trash about her now. Sheila immediately goes off, tossing f-bombs left and right. She maintains that Allison has turned on her now that she’s off the block. Allison points out how pathetic Sheila is acting and to prove her point, Sheila tells her not to talk to her for the remainder of the game. Ryan enters the room to defend his partner and questions Sheila’s reasons for attacking Allison. Sheila pathetically whines that she doesn’t have to be Allison’s friend. Sounds a lot like the kindergarten playground stories my daughter tells me. Alex and Amanda do a happy dance figuring Sheila’s antics have saved them.

Back from The Dead

As she jogs around the backyard, Allison questions why Sheila didn’t just come to her instead of being so quick to talk trash about her. She’s talking to Sharon but may as well be talking to herself for all the good Sharon is. Sharon does point out that Sheila’s explosions aren’t little firecrackers but atomic bombs. Suddenly, Allison sounds winded and needs to go to the diary room. She enters and we can hear her say that she thinks she’s having an allergic reaction and her throat is closing. A nurse named Tammy asks her if she wants to do an EpiPen and a frightened Allison answers yes. She’s crying as she informs the nurse that her tongue is swelling.

Meanwhile, Amanda is telling Natalie that she needs sugar since she’s hypoglycemic. She’s on slop but hasn’t been eating much. While walking with Natalie, she collapses in a heap on the floor. Natalie runs outside to tell the others that Amanda fainted. They run inside and James quickly hit’s the panic button to call the diary room. Tammy, the nurse, comes out for her fifteen minutes of fame and tends to Amanda who is now convulsing and gasping for air. Alex notices that Allison is in there all blown up and tells the others. The nurse has James sit Amanda up so she doesn’t choke as she squeezes something in her mouth. She then sends someone to fetch Amanda some juice but there are no glasses. They bring a bottle of vitamin water but the nurse struggles to get Amanda to swallow it. She’s writhing around and James is fighting to hold on to her as Sharon holds her hair back. EMTs arrive as Amanda snaps out of it. She has no idea what has just happened. They load Amanda on to a stretcher and roll her away as the worried houseguests helplessly watch. Both Amanda and Allison are taken to the hospital and everyone commends James on his quick thinking in coming to Amanda’s aid. Alex tells them all how swollen Allison’s lips were when he saw her and Sheila feels horrible for the way she behaved. They all reflect on how much the two girls are part of their Big Brother family and question whether or not they will return.

Later that night, Amanda returns to hugs and mushy gushy love from all of the houseguests. Joshuah rushes to her exclaiming, "You're alive!" They tell her to show James some love because he held on to her while Nurse Tammy did her thing, thus saving her life. James looks a little teary as she hugs him and says he just did what people should do-help each other. A little surprising considering the collective IQ of this season’s houseguests. Alex makes his partner a crunchy peanut butter sandwich and Amanda is moved that her housemates actually care about her. Soon after, Allison rejoins the group and everyone is happy to see that she is also okay. So, there are hugs all around once more.

Amanda and Allison hug and talk alone and Amanda reveals her epiphany. She realizes as she’s on the stretcher that the person she’s shown herself as in the house isn’t the real Amanda. Allison agrees that they should all change the way they treat each other. Sheila joins them for a group hug, an apology, and more mushy gushy slobbery stuff. They're all BFFs now and will live happily ever after…until the next nomination ceremony.

As the POV ceremony draws near, Amanda realizes how much she wants to stay in the house. Sheila realizes that if the veto is used, she and Adam could be on the block. Joshuah and Sharon do the obligatory stare at the picture wall as they ponder their decision. Joshuah realizes he could potentially gain an ally by saving one of the nominees. After much hoopla and the same ole, same ole “I respect your decision” speech, the veto is not used. It is what it is, says Alex, for the 328th time. And so it is.

Tune in Thursday for the live show and find out who gets the boot…Boston or New York. Or just wait for MsFroggy’s entertaining recap. It’ll be time better spent.

Crunchy or creamy? PM me
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Re: Big Brother Recap 2/26 - I See Dead People

Sheila blabs to Natalie things that Allison has confided in her and calls her a two-faced bitch. Meanwhile, Joshuah is eavesdropping on the other side of the wall. Yeah, it’s already been established that this group has no class. Sheila then corners Mattie in the storage room and continues her rant about how Allison has betrayed her. Mattie doesn’t say much but nods in agreement. He thinks she’s a mental case and most likely doesn’t want to risk crossing her. Sharon is listening outside the door and runs straight up to HOH to give Allison all the dirt.

Well, I guess BB got it right on some level and perhaps Josh & Sharon really are soulmates.

It's interesting to see that they showed the post-medical scare love fest and didn't show Chelsia's HOH bathroom discussion about how she thought Amanda faked her episode.

LG.

I think Amanda faked it too, or at least played it up much worse than "having low blood sugar" really is. I'm thinking Chelsia is onto something. That, and Amanda is a biatch who would do anything for more attention.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar

Well IF she did fake it, she got what she probably wanted out of it. Everyone was like "i feel so bad for yelling at her" so now that people feel sorry for her she can worm her way into being loved. But i do not know if she faked it or not, i think if anything she played it out to be more serious then it really was.
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

If she faked it, she's really good.

Did they ever say what caused Allison to swell?

Quote Originally Posted by wholahey;2814672;
    If she faked it, she's really good.

Did they ever say what caused Allison to swell?
    I don't think she was faking it!!! I'm not really sure why people are making such a big deal about what happened to her, by analyzing how she fell, and breaking her fall. I didn't see her break her fall, and saw that her knees weren't bent, Amanda fell flat on her face and it wasn't at all fake. I don't think that what happened to her was her way of being taken off slop, because they were taken off from that time til after the margarita party and then they all (who were on slop) had to go back on it.
    Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2814486;
    James looks a little teary as she hugs him and says he just did what people should do-help each other. [/I]
    Just another reason why I like James. I don't even care about what he's done in the past.

“The Hudson River Virus is threatening those cut off from the outside world…” The last bit of news makes Matt a little nervous. Concern yourself with the viruses Natalie is carrying, Matt. Forget about the fictitious ones! James noticed the four colors used in the competition are the ones in the habitrail. He thinks this may be a clue to further him in the game. Note to James: Say no to drugs, man.
    Wow! They're like so smart like!!

Great job, Lil! Now I don't have to watch this drivel.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

That was great! ... The only thing I was disappointed in was that they didn't show Sheila after the group hug with Alli and Amanda turn the whole thing into a "poor me" fest ... totally ignoring the fact that the two women she was whining to were really wanting to just lie down and sleep!
    Wasting away another summer...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast