+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks there's more of a twist?

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1
    I wonder if all the twin switches (if there have been others) happened at the same time so that each of the switched twins would have been able to develop relationships or alliances with each other separately from their twins. So that let's say that all three have... A/Dw/Diane would always be in the house together and N/B/L all in at the same time - that might make it seem less obvious to others about any one individual not being in the same mood because all 3 would have had to be so careful just after the switch...especially if they don't know about each other's switches.
    Logistically that's a nightmare, since there's only one Diary room. And I think it would be deeply suspicious for these three to always be called to the Diary room in such close succession to each other every time.

Here's a new question. You know that screen that Adria and Natalie use to switch clothes? I wonder if it's ALWAYS there whenever any houseguest enters the DR. If so, what do THEY think it's there for?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Well, since we KNOW that Natalie is Adria's twin and could be entering the house, it makes sense that there's a box there. But maybe one box is for Drew's twin and the other is for Diane's except since we don't know they're switching, they won't be put in alphabetical order until it's announced.

It's just a hunch and I'm not even going to call it a good one as it wouldn't surprise me if there were no more twists that involved twins. It's just fun to speculate though.

ETA: I didn't mean switching as Drew and Diane switching with their twins, I just meant that their twins could enter the house too, when Natalie does.
    Problem is, if we already know of Natalie, why doesn't she already occupy one of the squares? I myself don't make much of the "empty square" theory either. JMO

Krom's right about the logistics. Already the hamsters have noticed that A gets a lot of DR time. It's been mentioned several times, and I think some of the houseguests are suspicious of her as a player. It must look like she's always in there ragging on everyone else. Until the two days where she had to beg and plead for her life, she didn't talk to anyone much except for chit-chat, so it must have been very confusing to see the person who avoids strategy discussions always hanging out in the DR.

Drew and Ben look very different to me. You couldn't hide the differences with makeup, so I doubt he's a switcher.

When you look at the fact that Natalie has slipped up a few times by referring to "A" in the third person, and the extra DR time, and one of the twins slipping up by not remembering a conversation with Karen (although Karen took it to mean she was rude and standoffish), I think if there were other switching twins we'd have some indication of it. A & N have blended in very well, even with mistakes. How could none of us pick up any other verbal slips?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Krom

Here's a new question. You know that screen that Adria and Natalie use to switch clothes? I wonder if it's ALWAYS there whenever any houseguest enters the DR. If so, what do THEY think it's there for?
    I think one of the producers adds it before A/N or any other twin enters to switch then removes it as soon as they leave.

Based on the house tour @ CBS, the screen isn't always there.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Krom's right about the logistics. Already the hamsters have noticed that A gets a lot of DR time. It's been mentioned several times, and I think some of the houseguests are suspicious of her as a player. It must look like she's always in there ragging on everyone else. Until the two days where she had to beg and plead for her life, she didn't talk to anyone much except for chit-chat, so it must have been very confusing to see the person who avoids strategy discussions always hanging out in the DR.
    I wasn't aware of this (that the hammies noticed her excessive DR time), but for me that absolutely, positively caps off the alternate twin theories. It ENDS the possibility for me completely. There's NO way that they'd notice and highlight her excess DR time specifically if two others were following the same routine. In other words: they AREN'T.

It's not happening, folks. At least YET. (I'm at least willing to entertain the notion they might do it later, although I'm deeply skeptical)

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Reality? Really?
    Originally posted by Broadway
    Take a peek over in the Drew thread to see pics of his brother. The differences between the two of them are in the eyes and the size of their foreheads. Diane and Lindsey look even less like each other. It's definitely more than cosmetic differences. I think both twins have a part in the rest of the show, but I don't think it's in switching.
    I see what you're saying, Broadway. And while the differences are not strictly cosmetic, I still think they're subtle unless you're looking at both siblings side by side, which the houseguests are not. (I have an uncle with a twin brother. If they're side by side, it's much easier to tell them apart. But, if you're looking at only one, most people don't know which is which.)

Also, these things tend to be more evident in still photos than in real life. (I have a relative who suffered Bell's Palsy during pregnancy, resulting in the temporary paralysis of one side of her face. The condition was only temporary and eventually went away. However, she was left with a slight, but permanent, sag on that side of her face. It was not noticeable at all in real life, but you could see it in photos.)

I looked at the pics you're referring to and can see the differences. However, I've also looked at other pics where the differences aren't nearly so defined and it is much harder to tell them apart.

All of the things I've read so far can be easily dealt with: hair color can be changed, hair style can be modified to camouflage a difference in facial shape, tans, tattoos, moles, etc. Drew (Ben?) is often shown wearing glasses. Footwear can be changed to adjust for small differences in height. Clothing can hide alot.

I have a sister who's four years younger than me -- our hair color is not the same shade and I don't think we even have the same facial shape. Yet, people who have known us since we were kids still get us confused unless we're standing side by side!

It's amazing what people just don't seem to notice. IMHO, these people are more focused on the game, and strategies and alliances . . . not whether someone's forehead looks wider today or someone's nose looked longer yesterday. I still think it's entirely plausible, but I tend to be an optimist deep down inside. I just don't want Project DNA to turn out to be "Do Not Assume you will find anything remotely interesting about this season!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    I wasn't aware of this (that the hammies noticed her excessive DR time), but for me that absolutely, positively caps off the alternate twin theories. It ENDS the possibility for me completely. There's NO way that they'd notice and highlight her excess DR time specifically if two others were following the same routine. In other words: they AREN'T.

It's not happening, folks. At least YET. (I'm at least willing to entertain the notion they might do it later, although I'm deeply skeptical)
    I agree. I find it much more likely that there is a set of fraternal twins already in the house. Who they are is anyone's guess... Will and Karen have been mentioned in another thread, as have Jase and Karen. Or non-identical twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I refuse to believe that CBS has given up on their fabulous (tic) Project DNA twist after only three weeks (four counting this Thursday). They are going to throw something out there. It might be lame, but they'll throw something else, as there's 7 weeks left.

All that keeps going through my mind is the "I dated Fabio" twist from Average Joe.. LOL

After that one, I just cannot get my hopes up any more about the ultimate twists!!!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I still think one of the house guests are related to a former BB house guest. lol

But that might be just wishful thinking. And Lori is gone. She was the one I was completely convince she was Lisa's relative. The only thing that would lead me to believe that there is another twist coming up is that family members are not greeting the house guests that have been evicted already. Something has gotta be up with that. All I have to say is I am waiting until after Thursday to find out if there is another twisted element in this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    I still think one of the house guests are related to a former BB house guest. lol

But that might be just wishful thinking. And Lori is gone. She was the one I was completely convince she was Lisa's relative. The only thing that would lead me to believe that there is another twist coming up is that family members are not greeting the house guests that have been evicted already. Something has gotta be up with that. All I have to say is I am waiting until after Thursday to find out if there is another twisted element in this season.
    You know I was wondering the same thing about the family members, and then I thought that maybe they only came to see the people who were going to be sequestered .
    I refuse to get my hopes up about more twists. Too many times I have been let down by all of these reality shows. I will just wait and see. :rolleyes
    May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am!!!

+ Reply to Thread