+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BB4 or BB5? Which do you like better?

Not over yet.....
    BB4 was my first BB experience. So far, I miss that crew a lot. They were much more interesting then the BB5 group. I can only hope it gets better.

I've been hooked on every BB but I think this year and last years is very similar. They both are pretty sucky. They really do need to have all different age groups and not all model type people either, it's not reality.

For me, its a tossup so far. I'm loathing about the same number at this stage this season as I did last time around, but I'm confident that the producers won't allow things to get too lopsided, even if it means tweaking the game in a manner some might not consider totally fair.

I find it encouraging to see so much arrogance on the part of the Four Horsemen. I'm relatively new to reality tv, but it already seems apparent that that is a sign that they will be imploding in the not too distant future.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 07-28-2004 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Edited to change Hoursemen to Horsemen

You're okay, Georgie. Tanyabean's Avatar
    I personally think Big Brother 4 was worse than this season so far just because I didn't like the X-Factor twist and... yeah. Mind you, the Project Do Not Assume twist(s) are pretty... messed up.

Random CBS Casting Agent: OMGLOOL. If we find people who are related but don't know it and have always been longing an older/younger sibling and someof them have wacky "crazy" hair and cowboy hats, it's a sure fire hit!1111!!!!!11one EVERYONE LOVES COWBOY HATS.
    Other Random Idiot: Yes. Then make them dissect a SQUIRREL. o_o
    Random CBS Casting Agent: Yes, U R GENIUS!!two!11

I personally enjoy watching the moronic megalomaniacs of Big Brother 5, and, as Marcellas pointed out on House Calls, it's just like a soap opera, romance, betrayal... And I happen to like soap operas. x_x;

FORT Fan
    Here's an idea. Not every season needs a "twist." Just let it play out. Put twists into each game or event (like the money in the food comp was a nice touch), but the overarching gimmicks (exs, siblings, etc.) are getting played out. What's next co-workers? Enemies?
    Julie: This year on BB6, we've found victims of crimes and the people who committed those crimes against them. Let's join the house and see if Steven remembers the face of Jimmy, the man that shot his brother, or if Kate notices that Jake is really the mugger that stole her handbag and beat her into a near-coma last month...all on a special season of Big Brother, Criminal Justice.

That said, while I hated last year after Jack left, I liked it much better than this season up until that point.
    This year's cast is so homogonous and token. 1 punk, 1 airhead, 1 gay guy, 1 black man, 1 older person, etc. Just pick good, interesting people and let the game take its course. I think of all the reality shows on TV, this one is best set up to provide drama without resorting to predictible casting and pseudo-twisty gimmicks.

BB4 was the worst season, even counting Season 1 (The Forgotten Season). BB5 is actually shaping up to be a pretty interesting show, I think. I'll reserve judgement til we have more than just a couple people out.

NekoMouser wrote: "Julie: This year on BB6, we've found victims of crimes and the people who committed those crimes against them. Let's join the house and see if Steven remembers the face of Jimmy, the man that shot his brother, or if Kate notices that Jake is really the mugger that stole her handbag and beat her into a near-coma last month...all on a special season of Big Brother, Criminal Justice."

Thanks for the laugh, NekoMouser, though its only funny until it actually occurs. Earlier today I was thinking along similar lines, thinking of stalkers being inserted with their objects of 'affection'. Not too funny, but in the never ending quest for new and better "twists", it seems only a matter of time before something goes dramatically overboard.

i think for a good twist they should do a big brother all star game!! only no in the summer but during another season so that there can be a big brother 6 hehe well hey if they did it on survivorthey can just add more twist on big brother haha

FORT Fan
    My predictions for the BB6 cast:

1 midget (or maybe two, sitting on each other's shoulders pretending to be one person, like in those old Scooby Doo cartoons)
    A pair of chinese gymnasts (in Cirque Du Soleil costumes)
    1 mime ($1000 a day for each day she doesn't talk)
    1 kleptomaniac (each week he'll compete for his meds and you get bonus points in the Fantasy league for every item he steals without being caught)
    1 American Idol hopeful who showed up to the wrong casting call
    1 gay person (or possible one person with multiple personalities, one of which happens to be gay)
    1 Chocolate factory owner looking for a kid with a heart of gold to give his business to
    1 secret player who lives and votes in the BB house closet, unbeknownst to the other players (like Lazlo in Real Genius), but he can't be found for 8 weeks or else CBS forcloses on his real house and evicts him
    1 aspiring actor (who thinks he looks like George Clooney, but really looks more like Steven Wright)
    Steven Wright
    Jase's secret twin brother!
    1 stranger drugged and kidnapped on the street who knows nothing of the show
    1 person who doesn't speak any English at all (will we ever learn what she does speak?)
    and of course, 1 sassy black woman stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by CC2003
    Well, I obviously agree about having more diversity and I do understand the point you're trying to make, but we should point out that Jun was a minority and she won the whole thing! And from the season prior to that, Danielle did pretty well (runner-up). For that matter, Marcellus lasted a long time too, and would have stayed longer if he wasn't so stupid (deciding to not veto himself - duh!)

Just based on past experience, age seems to have more of a factor in early exits than race does.

Dave Chappelle's show did a parody of "Real World" where the houseguests were comprised of mainly blacks with just TWO whites. It was hilarious! Did you see that ep?

I would like to see more racially diverse cast as well.

Also, are we ready to see Celebrity Big Brother 6?

My houseguest suggestions:

Tom Cruise
    Brad Pitt
    Colin Farrell
    Halle Berry
    Denzel Washington
    Renee Zellweger
    Catherine Zeta Jones
    Orlando Bloom
    Allen Iverson
    Anna Kournikova
    Serena Williams
    M. Night Shyamalan
    Kimora Lee Simmons
    Rick Yune
    Jennifer Connelly
    Derek Jeter

Whose ass would be booted first? Who'd win Celebrity Big Brother 6 out of this cast?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast