+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under the cover of the Four Horse's A...

Under the cover of the Four Horse's A...

Okay, the more you watch the feeds, the more obvious it is that these guys TOTALLY don't really like or trust each other. So here's a spot to discuss the REAL alliances, strategies and possible paths for their eventual breakup...

The most "obvious" path would be that if Jase and Scott truly stick to their seeming original plan, then Holly, Cowboy and Drew are all pawns of varying usefulness, and the two of them stick to the end. Their obvious third might actually be HOLLY at this point, as much as Scott has instigated things against her, because she's hated more than the other Horse's Asses and wouldn't likely win over at least Jase (Scott could delude himself too). Marvin might be another possibility to take near the end if they think of it, because face it... nobody female or gay on the show can really stand him. But unlike Holly he is physically strong and that might be more dangerous in a classic end-of-show scenario.

And yet you can see that Jase and Scott undercut each other a lot in the game to other people. Jase tonight for example is doing a heck of a job making it sound like Scott is a real whackjob. This COULD of course all be a clever plan to make various Horse's Asses think that they are closer to others in the alliance than each other. Again, Holly would play a vital part in this deception.

Then we have the ever popular topic of what Holly's real capabilities and loyalties are. For the moment let's assume she's not a show plant. Assuming she MUST be smarter than she seems (debated much elsewhere, but lets use it as a thesis for now), does her agenda depend on the two main Asses for the long run or not?

Next up... are Cowboy and Drew SO dumb that they don't realize that in even the best scenario they are Mr. #4 and Mr. #5 respectively? Jase is not SO dumb that he doesn't know EXACTLY that these guys are much more tolerated by the rest of the house and would be a disaster at the end. IF CB and Drew realize this do they even plan to get out... and if so would be it together or seperately? My notion is that Drew, Cowboy, Nokomis and Diane (any maybe Adria) could EASILY form a new power center if they wanted to, and I can't see why this isn't SO obvious to them.

Any more thoughts on how long this alliance will last? How long it SHOULD last (and not an emotional answer "I want them gone now because I hate them", I mean assume for a moment that Jase and Scott really ARE planning to go to the end or that CB and Drew despite the appearance to the contrary really DO have a clue and run with a theory from there...)

Of course another popular theory (I've said it myself) is that these guys are really just idiots stumbling along with no coherent strategy and are only winning because really nobody else is any smarter. Still, even so, there are definite possibilities to discuss about who really want to do what with whom, who is most loyal to whom, who is the perceived pawn etc., even if you think these guys will play emotionally and arrogantly and not logically.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Right now, I think that the Four Horsemen is built off of Jase, with Scott deluding himself that he could run it well, and CB and Drew as the immediate pawns. Personally, I think it's a really bad alliance for the four of them, because they have to entirely rely on having one of the four of them win challenges right now. And, after a while, two of them are going to be put up (be it in the final four or before then). So, it would probably be best for CB and Drew to make an immediate pact to protect each other, and MAYBE put up Jase and Holly (Holly because she's got a grip on Jase). That way, they can argue that the emotional bond is breaking the 4H apart and that he's got to dump her, and if Jase goes, then CB and Drew get even more likely to win a challenge, and Scott can become a pawn. That's from CB and Drew's standpoint.

For Jase and Scott, they really don't have a choice now, but to keep their influence over CB, Drew, and Holly, and win as many challenges as possible. Really, CB and Drew both have other people who could influence them (Nakomis and Diane, respectively), so Jase and Scott really need to most of the challenges themselves to make sure they don't go up. However, if they were a little bit smarter than they actually are, they should make Drew and CB look like the brains behind the alliance. That way, in the case of a challenge that they don't win, they're heads won't automatically be up on the block. Keeping Holly is good for Jase, but not good for Scott, as Jase probably has a better chance against Holly than Scott. Scott, on the other hand, might be seen as the lesser of two evils against Jase, and Holly would mess that up.

Either way, they really should break up soon - there are 5 main players, and they can't surely think that they can all go to the finale.

i think that jase and scott will self destruct each other.. i cant think of who on the board said that first lol.. but there is only room for one big ego.. and really not even room for that one... i think drew's nominations were a big eye opener for them and if drew can stand strong and do what he has to do, he will earn some respect from the rest of the hamsters...

best case scenario would be for drew and michael to crawl out from under the rock and start making some other alliances just in case.. otherwise the tables could just turn and the 4H get picked off one by one... secure a place for themselves in the house and make jase and scott the bigger targets as they are the bigger threats..

but i dont think that scott or jase will let the others think that they arent the brains behind it all.. they are wayyy too arrogant to take the back seat on these things.. they want to be known for their control over them all...

i think it will be great whenever someone from the other side can actually put these two up on the block together and watch the alliance fall right apart...that right there will let everyone know where they all stand with each other.. guess we shall see huh...

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Cowboy and Drew really need to watch themselves. Like Krom said, they are being used as pawns and they'll probably be #4 and #5. I think they should just form an alliance with a few of the others and get Jase, Holly, and Scott out, because as much as I hate to say it, Jase and Scott are the two strongest players in the house and Jase likes Holly, so they're just going to keep on winning challenges and if they should get to the Final Five, they're just going to evict Cowboy and Drew.

If Cowboy and Drew are really in it to win, I think they should get a new alliance. Or at least make a pact with each other.

Well, given Drew's nominations, this topic is now especially relevent.

However his noms were dumb. You don't take people out in the middle--if you switch sides you shoot for the heart. Heck, if you DON'T switch sides you shoot for the OTHER heart. Nominating people like Holly and Nakomis at this stage of the game? Stupid. That's waffling either way you look at it.

What about Holly?
    She continues to say I wouldn't put you up, when she wins HOH (accidents happen) who will she put up? Will she make the decision or will Jase, and if she doesn't go along then what. I think first on her short list would be Marvin, Jase will veto that decision and then what, another 3 day fight???
    Holly must have some sort of plan other than riding Jase/Scott's coattails.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    What about Holly?
    She continues to say I wouldn't put you up, when she wins HOH (accidents happen) who will she put up? Will she make the decision or will Jase, and if she doesn't go along then what. I think first on her short list would be Marvin, Jase will veto that decision and then what, another 3 day fight???
    Holly must have some sort of plan other than riding Jase/Scott's coattails.
    It would have to be an accident. I think she's been playing (at least 'till now) the very familiar game of trying to appear really weak in the competitions. To NOT win HoH and seem like a good person for Scott and/or Jase to take to the end because the weak people usually are.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Well, given Drew's nominations, this topic is now especially relevent.

However his noms were dumb. You don't take people out in the middle--if you switch sides you shoot for the heart. Heck, if you DON'T switch sides you shoot for the OTHER heart. Nominating people like Holly and Nakomis at this stage of the game? Stupid. That's waffling either way you look at it.
    I've got to disagree with you. From Drew's standpoint, he's making himself extremely well liked - on both sides. The girls love him because he hates Holly, and they want to keep him the most out of the 4H, and he's still a 4H, as he didn't put up another 4H member and they think he realizes he made a mistake. As far as putting Holly and Nakomis, right now he doesn't want to get either side too made at him, and, as I said last week, losing Holly hurts the 4H a good deal, simply because Holly will vote with the 4H in every single vote. Since one of the four has to win the HOH just about every round to ensure that they're safe, she's the fourth vote they so desperately need to stay in this game.

I think Drew got the result he wanted by nominating Holly and Nakomis. He really rocked Scott and Jase by not following their directions. I think Drew's surprise at Jase and Scott going apecrap was genuine. They were so OTT mad about it that Drew was starting to get a clue that their plan all along was to make sure he was not close to the final two.

But last night's blowup really screws up any hope of Drew jumping ship, in my opinion. Diane acted like a nagging witch with Drew. I realize she was provoked, but if she had just kept her head she could have had him hugging away the hurt.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    But last night's blowup really screws up any hope of Drew jumping ship, in my opinion. Diane acted like a nagging witch with Drew. I realize she was provoked, but if she had just kept her head she could have had him hugging away the hurt.
    Jase, Scott, and Holly did a fine job of provoking Diane. I honestly hope Drew realize that it was intentional just so he can turn against Diane and give J, S, and H what they wanted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast