+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think the Horsemen have won the challenges fair and square, including the veto challenge from this last episode. All the challenges have been very balanced in fair, in my opinion.

1ST HOH - Jase and Scott win on treadmill. But I'm convinced that Scott outlasts Karen because Jase had done better on the quiz section which kept Scott's treadmill set slower for a longer period of time. 4H won b/c of brains. All things being equal, Karen would have outlasted him.

1st VETO - Scott wins, right? They throw hula hoops. They weigh, what a pound or so? My 80 year old grandma could throw one. This is more a skill than anything else, and really, who practices throwing hula hoops? Everyone was on equal footing. And Jennifer aka Nicomas didn't even try to aim for the flamigos. She tanked it.

2nd HOH - Marvin wins for answering questions in the majority. Again, no physical skill needed here. It was brains. The women could have (and should have) won this one.

2nd VETO - Jase wins. Ok, there is some physical strength needed, but that's not the main component. Jase was smarter for rolling his rope around his arm. Lori was neck and neck with him, which shows that Jase's superior size and strength wasn't really the edge. His technique (and maybe working with Drew, which is strategy) won it.

That doesn't mean a thing in BB. If they lose tonight's challenge, they will lose the game!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    I think the Horsemen have won the challenges fair and square, including the veto challenge from this last episode. All the challenges have been very balanced in fair, in my opinion.

1ST HOH - Jase and Scott win on treadmill. But I'm convinced that Scott outlasts Karen because Jase had done better on the quiz section which kept Scott's treadmill set slower for a longer period of time. 4H won b/c of brains. All things being equal, Karen would have outlasted him.

1st VETO - Scott wins, right? They throw hula hoops. They weigh, what a pound or so? My 80 year old grandma could throw one. This is more a skill than anything else, and really, who practices throwing hula hoops? Everyone was on equal footing. And Jennifer aka Nicomas didn't even try to aim for the flamigos. She tanked it.

2nd HOH - Marvin wins for answering questions in the majority. Again, no physical skill needed here. It was brains. The women could have (and should have) won this one.

2nd VETO - Jase wins. Ok, there is some physical strength needed, but that's not the main component. Jase was smarter for rolling his rope around his arm. Lori was neck and neck with him, which shows that Jase's superior size and strength wasn't really the edge. His technique (and maybe working with Drew, which is strategy) won it.

I still deifnitely think that some rigging has been attempted by the BB producers. First of all, the challenges everyone considers "mental" challenges strike me as not very mental at all... does it really take very much intelligence to guess whether or not Nokomis is a natural blonde, or to guess how many balls were collected in the DNA contest? Most of these alleged "thinking" challenges merely test how well you can guess what people think of eachother, which really doesn't take much critical analyasis. I think many of these challenges were intended to be rigged in favor of the women, but since few Reality shows have ever figured out how to make a successful mental challenge, none of the challenges have had the winners the producers intended for.

However, in regards to the most recent Veto challenge, I think it was rigged for Jase (a fireman) who clearly would know how to properly deal with a large amount of rope. Thus he alone figured out how to wrap the rope without getting entangled among the other contestants.

Producers have rigged contests since the dawn of time (Survivor one, a boat rowing challenge in which one of the contestants (Kelly) was a professional river guide). However, as has also often happened, the contestants may not go the way the producers intended (Kelly losing to Gervase... who couldn't swim). Therefore, I do think that in this season, the producers have, from an early point, tried to design the challenges to achieve desired results, but much of the time (either through chance or a lack of skill on the part of the producers) the challenges did not go according to plan.
    Who is John Galt?

Homer Simpson, on TV:

"Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow."

"Without TV, it is hard to know when one day ends and another begins."

I think BB does have a history of subtly rigging the competitions to promote a more interesting show. Last season it seemed like each alliance took turns playing HOH back and forth.

At this point I think I'd welcome more rigging. I don't remember developing utter hatred for some of the houseguests so quickly in prior seasons.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread