+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Julie Chen, Host

Re: Julie Chen pregnant

Like Idol wouldn't be right without Paula, BB wouldn't be right without the Chenbot.

I hope her maternity outfits will be an improvement over her usual weird wardrobe. And will she still be dousing herself in glitter?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Les Moonves will be 61 in Dec. according to wiki. I actually thought he was older!

And I was in high school when Julie Chen was born! Ack!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Congrats to them!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm always amazed when people decide to have babies at advanced reproductive ages. I just remember how embarrassed kids with older parents were when it was discovered at school that their parents were "old". We actually felt kind of sorry for them, and bewildered.

I think the roughest part had to have been going into the school conferences and seeing that the other parents looked like they could have been YOUR children.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3421416;
    I'm always amazed when people decide to have babies at advanced reproductive ages. I just remember how embarrassed kids with older parents were when it was discovered at school that their parents were "old".
    Yeah, but that was then, this is now. Superannuated parents are completely normal these days, if not in the actual majority.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I disagree.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3421931;
    I disagree.
    Maybe it depends on where you live. I know people who have or are having kids in their late twenties or early thirties, but I know just as many people who are waiting until their late thirties to start their families. I have not personally met anyone who chose to start a family in their early twenties. The people who do it later do so because they want to get their careers firmly established first, and that description does fit the Chenbot.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

My mom had my younger brother when she was 42...it was a huge shock to her & my dad. But he has been the joy in our lives and he has never felt embarrassed by them (well not for that reason, ) .....my dad even coached his soccer team for years. He actually got the "best" of my parents (they have 6 other kids) because they really knew what they were doing by then. I hope kids don't make fun of kids with older parents as it isn't the age that matters.....its how they love you.

I'm 30 and while I want kids now....I'm not fortunate enough to have the right guy in my life to have them with. I hope it comes soon...but if it doesn't happen until 39 (or whatever) I will still want to have a child even though I'm older.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3422418;
    My mom had my younger brother when she was 42...it was a huge shock to her & my dad. But he has been the joy in our lives and he has never felt embarrassed by them (well not for that reason, ) .....my dad even coached his soccer team for years. He actually got the "best" of my parents (they have 6 other kids) because they really knew what they were doing by then. I hope kids don't make fun of kids with older parents as it isn't the age that matters.....its how they love you.

I'm 30 and while I want kids now....I'm not fortunate enough to have the right guy in my life to have them with. I hope it comes soon...but if it doesn't happen until 39 (or whatever) I will still want to have a child even though I'm older.
    You and I are in the same place JJ

I'm really happy for Julie and Les. I personally always have liked Julie but I do understand where the Chenbot nickname comes from As I understand it, she actually is amused by that name. I will be looking forward to seeing her belly get bigger and I'm sure she will look beautiful and glowy as all pregnant women do. Well, she could retain water and end up with a fat nose like my sister did I thought the last 2 seasons of The Biggest Loser have been fun to see Allison Sweeney's pregnancy progress (and she had a fat nose when she was pregnant too!). As for if she has to stop midseason, I'd kind of like to see Dr Drew fill in. Remember the segments she had with him in the 1st season? I always found those fun and interesting. Plus Dr Drew is nice to look at
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

If anything, the upside of this is that her hormones will be all wacky-smacky, and she might even express an emotion or two before the summer ends.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread