View Poll Results: What do you think of Dan's gameplay?

Voters
350. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

266 76.00%
  • Hate it

67 19.14%
  • I don't care either way

17 4.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

FORT Regular Tick Tick Bomb Champion NeverGetGot's Avatar

Re: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

A few people touched on it. I absolutely appreciate what Dan has done for this season but the adament swearing on the bibble and on his "dead grandfather"......that one bothers me. I am an Atheist and I really don't care what your religion is but if you are going to carry yourself as devout in your faith and use it as a tool.....that's a little rotten but gosh dang, it sure is entertaining. He saved us from a Shane/Dani final....NUFF SAID.
    GabbyG, MFWalkoff and kelly54 like this.
    "Do not become a mere recorder of facts, but try to penetrate the mystery of their origin." ~Ivan Pavlov~

FORT Fan

Miss Scarlet: "Dan uses his mind & constant strategy, but never talks down to or about his fellow HG's. Even in DR's. The human decency & respect is always there, even as he blindsides them."

Exactly! Which is why I don't get the Dan-hate from the stray few who keep putting him down. The ONLY thing he has done that I would question is swearing on the Bible, his wife, etc. I have no problem with it in the context of the game, but I can see where it might bother some people. Though not enough to hate him and call him names.

Face it, the guy is a genius at this game and genuinely nice to boot. And as far as I can see he has done it all without help from production and/or in spite of any suggestions in the DR. He came up with the whole funeral thing -- which set off all his subsequent moves -- during that 24 hour solitary.
    MajiH, GabbyG, Moontat and 1 others like this.

I did have an idea about Dan's lack of remorse. I think that the person he is in this game is very very different than who he is in real life. I think he's put aside his normal moral guidelines to be in the this game and to win it. I think that it was a calculated and intentional shift that is pretty extreme for him. It's possible that in order for him to really embrace this character, that he has to leave his morals on the shelf and maybe, just maybe, his lack of remorse in the DR is about him not even going there in his head, because if he thinks about people's feelings at all, he might be shaken from his path. Do I think he gets enjoyment from people getting their feelings hurt? I do not. Not at all. But I think it possible that in his mind, he just can't even go there, because he has to keep his focus and his eye on the prize. There is no room for guilt and feelings. It is easier (and maybe even necessary) to embrace this back-stabbing character to the fullest in order for him to be successful. And I definitely agree that you can get a window into Dan's real character by seeing that he does not get any enjoyment in putting people down, and even when he's in a group of people making fun of others, he finds a way to not join in. It seems like everyone in the house EXCEPT for Dan has enjoyed putting other people down - and it does say something about him.

I totally get what people are saying about his lack of remorse and having that be off-putting. And I have no idea if that was the case, but there is definitely some dissonance in the way he's playing this year and people's impressions of who he actually is. This was just an idea that popped into my mind that might explain it.

I think that in real life, Dan is probably pretty moral - and in order for him to play this cutthroat to win the money, he had to figure out a way to not be distracted from his goal. And it's possible that he may be right, that there just isn't room for sympathy and consideration in this game...if you want to win. He could have had sympathy for Dani and kept Shane. He did it once - and I think he regretted it. You can be a nice person in this game. Or you can win. Sometimes it's very very hard to do both.
    MajiH, Lightfoot, Moontat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverGetGot View Post
    A few people touched on it. I absolutely appreciate what Dan has done for this season but the adament swearing on the bibble and on his "dead grandfather"......that one bothers me. I am an Atheist and I really don't care what your religion is but if you are going to carry yourself as devout in your faith and use it as a tool.....that's a little rotten but gosh dang, it sure is entertaining. He saved us from a Shane/Dani final....NUFF SAID.
    yeah but I am sure he did the same thing I would have done, before going in the house tell your wife/mom/dad/ loved ones..this is what I'm going to to do, some things you might not like but in this house its not real life so be prepaired, which I think his wife said he did.... prepaire your fam for the lies, backstabbing then go in the house and Mist everybody like dan is doing....
    MajiH and NeverGetGot like this.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

FORT Fogey

Love it.

Dan has been the best part of this season. He's playing the best game he can, given the cards he was dealt. The people that really matter to him IRL understand what's he's doing. I don't think he ever really took off the Coach hat, he just switched players from his team to himself when the game changed.

Maybe he's angling for a bigger, better coaching job IRL. If I was a team owner, I would give him a serious look. Being able to separate strategic decisions from emotional decisions would seem to be a key strength in that arena.

Anyway, Dan & Ian were my favorites from the beginning, so it's all good from here on out.
    MajiH, JustJuls and 4thatchers like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Love it.

Dan has been the best part of this season. He's playing the best game he can, given the cards he was dealt. The people that really matter to him IRL understand what's he's doing. I don't think he ever really took off the Coach hat, he just switched players from his team to himself when the game changed.

Maybe he's angling for a bigger, better coaching job IRL. If I was a team owner, I would give him a serious look. Being able to separate strategic decisions from emotional decisions would seem to be a key strength in that arena.

Anyway, Dan & Ian were my favorites from the beginning, so it's all good from here on out.
    NOT YET---Dani could still be F2 and even win....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I would love to see this same poll given to people who only watch the show and don't read forums or watch the feeds.
    Someone could set it up on the Show only side, and tell "feeders" they can't vote again. It would be interesting. There are so few comments there it is hard to tell, but it does seem more negative towards Dan.

*makes arnold jackson face*

Dani winning BB? lmao

if those jury members are so weak minded & lame that they would give her $500k because they didnt like being outplayed/outsmarted by Dan "GOAT" Gheesling then Alison Groedner should come on stage with a big gavel and overule the jury
    MajiH, shyra, judibug and 3 others like this.

Hate it. I'm really not a fan of bringing back former players, unless its for all stars. Previous HGs had their chance & either won or not. Ian & Danielle have both had their heads up their butts when it comes to Dan. Along with Dan's manipulation, for the most part all the HGs have nearly given the win to him. Don't care for it.
    Allie likes this.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

I think we need a new poll. His game play has changed since this was posted!
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread