View Poll Results: What do you think of Dan's gameplay?

Voters
350. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

266 76.00%
  • Hate it

67 19.14%
  • I don't care either way

17 4.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

FORT Regular

Re: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle View Post

So why is it being low..its a game and this is BB... This is not reall life..the others (rookies) take it personally and get emotional..this games lying, backstabbing..if they cant handle it they should not have signed up..
    Lying and backstabbing are most agreed an important part of the game. His swearing on sacred things like religious artifacts and his wife are simply not acceptable to me. If god forbid something horrible befalls his Chelsea, let him live with it. Also his teenage students are assuredly watching. What kind of lesson are you conveying Mr. Gheesling? None that I want my kids to emulate.
    CherokeeRose likes this.

I'm torn, because I've always been a Dan fan, but I have mixed feelings about his game this season. To me there is such a thing as overplaying this game, and creating twists for the sake of TV more than the sake of getting ahead in the game. In his season, Dan played a few steps ahead of everyone else, but his win was also the result of a few lucky breaks that he was able to capitalize on. This time, once the reset happened, Dan simply created the universe within the house and controlled everyone in it.

This has been entertaining and awesome, but up to a point. The funeral was genius, and great TV. how he engineered Britney and then Frank's eviction was awesome too, although in executing it. he wasn't quite the cute/charming Dan we've come to know. And by the time he got rid of Shane, he had become kind of a weasel. An awesome, powerful weasel, but a weasel nonetheless.

In BB10, the jury knew they had to give him the money because he managed to bamboozle them all without ever being a jerk to any one of them. This time it's different. He weaseled several people on the jury, and now Dani feels weaseled too (even if Dan is still able to mist her). I wouldn't blame them for voting personal this time, especially since he's already won once.

My other concern is for future seasons. Will every jamoke who comes into the house think that he/she has to play Dan's game from the start, and start lying to everyone about everything? If nobody decides to trust anyone they play with ever again, the show could become a confusing mess, where we can't even tell who the real alliances are from hour to hour. Also, this show is already too much like Survivior; Dan's game just makes it even more so. This year's Dan was a lot like Russel Hantz, only with charm and a boyish grin. And that gives me the willies (pun intended).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeff 4ever View Post
    Lying and backstabbing are most agreed an important part of the game. His swearing on sacred things like religious artifacts and his wife are simply not acceptable to me. If god forbid something horrible befalls his Chelsea, let him live with it. Also his teenage students are assuredly watching. What kind of lesson are you conveying Mr. Gheesling? None that I want my kids to emulate.
    Eh. All those kids realize its a game on a reality tv show They know this isn't life or death. And they all tease him for going on this show to begin with. They certainly don't take it as seriously as all us crazy BB fans
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I'm loving Dan's game! Color me misted, but I don't put him in the same category as certain others who have lied and back-stabbed to get to the end. I think Dan genuinely likes most of the people he's playing with, and if he doesn't, you sure can't tell by his actions towards them. That's why his mist works so well. I think he's a genuinely nice guy. Dan has not once in this game made a move that was personal. He's not mean, or catty...he doesn't start arguments or talk crap about people. Yes, he's lied, but he's playing a game! And I'm sorry, but his strategy was brilliant. Those in the house who know anything about the game, know he was fiercly loyal to Memphis until the end. The way he used that and came in this time with the exact opposite strategy... Most repeat players who return to their shows use the exact same strategy (Boogie..3 times now!) Some may decide to "try something different," but there's no where near the calculation Dan used. I have nothing but respect for the man and his game. He clearly takes his personal life seriously and has done nothing to embarrass himself in front of Chelsea, his students, the kids he coaches, or his co-workers. Not many BB contestants can say that Honestly, I'd love to see him and Danielle as F2. Not because I love her, but because I think it would be pretty darned amazing for Dan and his mentee to make it to the end.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    First off, you can only take advantage of someone who lets themselves be taken advantage of.

Second, I like the way Dan is playing because he may be lying to people, using them, & "misting" them, but he doesn't mock them, demean them, or make fun of them behind their backs. This is the difference between him & people like Boogie or Dr Will, which is why I have no respect for either one of them. Evel Dick, on the other hand, did it right to their faces to knock them off their high horses & keep them from thinking straight. I have no problem with that.
    Dan continues to be a nice likable guy. He's just a nice likable guy with a goal that he keeps his eyes on. He knows this is a game & plans to win. He has no delusions about loyalties that change on a weekly, daily or hourly basis. These people aren't your friends. They are the competition. Afterwards some of them may become your friends, but during the game, no.
    I don't think he'd take any hard feelings with him if he left. He knows that what people do is part of the game, not personal treatment. Providing personal attacks aren't involved.
    I completely agree. The downfall of most of the house this season is they didnt look at it as a game for half a million dollars. It was a summer getaway that could possibly net them $500K. Dan kept his head level and his eye on the prize. Which leads back to my comment on if TPTB had actually picked a cast from people that applied and not recruited most of the season this time, we could be having a completely different outcome right now.

I also agree that these people let Dan manipulate them. Over and over and over again. Which, again, is why I voted "hate it". He's making people out to be idiots because, well, they ARE idiots. I think I'm just confused as to how we are even at this point with all that he's done. I dont hate Dan at all. In fact, I now consider him to be the best BB player ever. He isnt my personal favorite, but I think he's the best to ever play this game.
    holly71, Lightfoot, mrsean and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    My other concern is for future seasons. Will every jamoke who comes into the house think that he/she has to play Dan's game from the start, and start lying to everyone about everything? If nobody decides to trust anyone they play with ever again, the show could become a confusing mess, where we can't even tell who the real alliances are from hour to hour. Also, this show is already too much like Survivior; Dan's game just makes it even more so. This year's Dan was a lot like Russel Hantz, only with charm and a boyish grin. And that gives me the willies (pun intended).
    This will never happen. First of all, AG insists on getting people who are just hanging out at a bar who have never seen the show before The show will be fine....Dan has simply uped the ante. Not every person who watched Dick and Daniele get to final 2 came into the house banging pots & pans and calling people names in order to win. People didn't come in the house and act like slimy Boogie and try to sleep their way to the end. Sure....one or two people tried to emulate Dick....or Boogie. But not EVERYONE. The show will be fine and trust will be restored

Dan didn't ruin the game of BB.....if anything....he made it better.
    holly71, Lightfoot, Rattus and 3 others like this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    Eh. All those kids realize its a game on a reality tv show They know this isn't life or death. And they all tease him for going on this show to begin with. They certainly don't take it as seriously as all us crazy BB fans
    I'm not saying It's real life. However, as a former educator, you always had to be on guard of actions in your personal life. He deserves an A for strategy and an F for method of execution. He will never get enough jury votes against either of the two idiots he's in there with

Quote Originally Posted by jeff 4ever View Post
    I'm not saying It's real life. However, as a former educator, you always had to be on guard of actions in your personal life. He deserves an A for strategy and an F for method of execution. He will never get enough jury votes against either of the two idiots he's in there with
    We will see.
    Madison_2008 likes this.

There's no way he would have gotten this far in the game playing a meek -- "Hey everybody, I'm cute and funny - let's start a showmance and take me the end" game like Jeff and others have done.
    iwatchtv likes this.
    ...I can't wait until the first pictures come thru of some other being destroying the Mars Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Honestly, I'd love to see him and Danielle as F2. Not because I love her, but because I think it would be pretty darned amazing for Dan and his mentee to make it to the end.
    Not to mention that we would see him, once again, remaining loyal to the first person he vowed loyalty to, even if he had to make her unhappy at times in order to do it. That's a level of integrity you really don't see too often in this show.
    Lightfoot, mrsean, justCoz and 2 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread