+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: James -BB9 (Live Feeds)

Re: James -BB9 (Live Feeds)

sweetjadesmommy I think you had a excellent post. You were on point with the materialism issue... and I am as guilty as everyone else, with my purses.

As far as James competing on a reality show.. CBS picked him up off the side of the road a few days before the show started, hence his lack of new or extra clothes. That is why he kept wishing for a Clothes Challenge, He took in only what he had on his bike. What better place to make a name for yourself than TV? Once he leaves the house and gets back on his normal life, cycling, etc.. People will stop him and know him and he can spread his message all the easier.

Maybe I am missing this youtube video.. I will be the first to admit a wrong, but can someone point out to me where James says that he uses money be obtains in Minnesota or Iowa to pay his bar tab in Florida?

The money he takes is ONLY to get him to the next state, the next stop, so he can spread his message further. I assume he came home empty handed, like when he left. That the POINT of what he is doing. Unless someone can prove me incorrect?

As far as the Tattoo's.. I think that is James way of asserting his "f the man" mentality. Its his body... no one has a right to tell him what he can or can not put on it.. so the constitution says.

by the way, James is not the only one cycling around the world promoting peace, google it. At least he is doing SOMETHING.. he isn't just sitting around talking about it.
    I fell off my pink cloud with a thud. ~ Elizabeth Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPink;2902116;
    He says sometimes people just walk up and donate to him based on appearances (without him helping them).. and say "you're doing a good thing". He is a charity. He is doing this for a reason. They might think that he is representing Breast Cancer but if they read his flyer then they would know. Why does he get blamed for others ignorance? He also said that he has never been approached to be sponsored by the Cancer Foundation. Why is the color pink ONLY for breast cancer?
    If he is accepting money from people who think they are donating to a breast cancer charity without explaining what it is really for then it is wrong whether that information is on his flyers or not. And no the color pink isn't only for breast cancer but it would be normal for people to make that assumption since the color is so widely associated with breast cancer. If his goal is to promote peace and non materialism then by all means go for it, but if he is accepting money for another charity then he isn't doing a very good job of getting his message out if you ask me. I have so much admiration for people who put their own lives, wants and needs on hold to help others. I think he thinks that's what he's doing but I don't think he has really fully grasped the concept yet. At least he is making an effort though which is more than most would do. He is young. I know I was pretty clueless when I was his age and made plenty of mistakes. Still do and come to think of it....still somewhat clueless.

I'd tell him to get a freaking job and then donate to which charity he believes is doing the best work, but that's just me.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Right on Tigerusty. I would tell him the same thing. I work over 40 hours a week and donate to charities with money I've earned. I am also in the military so maybe the message I spread doesn't live up to James and his message since he's working towards world peace by riding a bike and taking money from people. I guess I just don't get it and probably won't so I'll leave it at that.

If he had on a breast cancer ribbon and people said to him "my mother died of breast cancer, here's $2", THEN I would agree that he is doing something wrong. Just because he wears pink clothes he can not be responsible for what others think! How in the world... he has flyers. I'm sure if anyone says "are you with the cancer foundation" that he would say no. But I think he is like the guy ringing the bell at christmas for the salvation army... he sits with a bucket or something, and some flyers.. and people just give him money. Is he supposed to stop every person and say "now you dont think im with breast cancer do ya???" Its Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

and whether you agree with what he does or not. he is not taking money to USE for his personal gain. he is using the money to get to the next state to spread the word there. I don't even agree with his "word" I buy thousand dollar high end purses, but I do agree with his RIGHT to do what the constitution says he can do. DO WE LIVE IN RUSSIA?

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I think the message is great. I think the idea behind is a nice one. BUT then DO IT! Go bike around the world. Don't go on BB9 to win 500 grand.

I don't think he is there to win the money. I've heard him say several times that he thinks Shelia deserves the money more than him, that Adam deserves it more, etc...

He is there for the stipend, to use in his WORLD trip (he has to pay for planes). He has no bills to pay with the stipend like the others do.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPink;2903597;
    I don't think he is there to win the money. I've heard him say several times that he thinks Shelia deserves the money more than him, that Adam deserves it more, etc...

He is there for the stipend, to use in his WORLD trip (he has to pay for planes). He has no bills to pay with the stipend like the others do.
    Please believe I'm not trying to mock what you're saying, because I know you admire the guy. I appreciate very much myself the way he took care of Amanda when she fainted, but it sounds to me like he's a bum with a bicycle that's found an excuse to not have to earn a living.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Heck at his age if I were able to bum around the country, I'd have done it. Unfortunately I got married and needed to work to support my family.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPink;2903572;
    If he had on a breast cancer ribbon and people said to him "my mother died of breast cancer, here's $2", THEN I would agree that he is doing something wrong. Just because he wears pink clothes he can not be responsible for what others think! How in the world... he has flyers. I'm sure if anyone says "are you with the cancer foundation" that he would say no. But I think he is like the guy ringing the bell at christmas for the salvation army... he sits with a bucket or something, and some flyers.. and people just give him money. Is he supposed to stop every person and say "now you dont think im with breast cancer do ya???" Its Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

and whether you agree with what he does or not. he is not taking money to USE for his personal gain. he is using the money to get to the next state to spread the word there. I don't even agree with his "word" I buy thousand dollar high end purses, but I do agree with his RIGHT to do what the constitution says he can do. DO WE LIVE IN RUSSIA?
    From what I read he was aware that people thought that the donation was for breast cancer and still took it without explaining that it wasn't.

+ Reply to Thread