+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BB8 showmances

Re: BB8 showmances

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;2574001;
    She's from Wichita. That's far from a small town and would be considered one the more sophisticated towns you're referring to. Hey! The cost of living in Kansas is much lower than NYC so they could live better financially there! The could live in Manhattan, KS
    Nice! Manhattan, KS! Yes she is from Witchita and is on dance teams for all the professional sports leagues there. I have been to Witchita and its not a small place at all...they actually have some decent theater in Witchita. Maybe opposites will stick in this situation.... maybe not. I wish them the best of luck and I do believe that she and him have really found a spark. I just hope and pray that it continues for them!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If Dick wins, as people seem to think from the response to the HG's questions (Dani sulking, Dick depressed because Dani's sulking), do you think Dani will still be sulking at the wrap party? If I were Nick I'd think I'd have trouble with someone who won $50K and whose dad won enough to pay for my college being so upset....

FORT Fogey

Nick just want to hit it. They won't last long, when he has to deal with her one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2574696;
    Nick just want to hit it. They won't last long, when he has to deal with her one on one.
    Hit it? Nick would never hit Dani. OMG if he ever did Dick would kill him!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetHugs;2574748;
    I think when phoenix1964 said "hit it" they meant have sex....not physically hit her.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetHugs;2574748;
    hit it is a slang for having sex.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2574762;
    hit it is a slang for having sex.
    Yup. Now if phoenix had said "hit her" then you'd be right, VelvetHugs. Gotta keep updated on your slang! Not that I think Nick would hit her, tempting as it might be when she whines....

Just wanted to touch on blending relationships of big/small town folk. Wichita is not a 'small' town but it is compared to NYC. No matter how you slice it. Over a decade ago I visited Tulsa, OK on a whim, being young and dumb and I was told by my friend (who had never visited Seattle, WA) that Tulsa was comparable to Seattle. Big city living was the way it was described to me so I was not prepared for the culture shock that I received. Even Seattle is different from NYC. I have lived all over the world so you really cannot compare one place to another and expect people to just meld. Eric and Jess can work it out if they spend time respecting each others families and getting to know each others families, agree to spend time in both places. If, as on the feeds was presented Jess tries to confine him solely to Kansas, Eric will say ta-ta and leave eventually, because Kansas (and sorry all of my fellow midwesterners, but we really are not that exciting here) is boring and especially western Kansas has no real holding appeal for a big city man. I personally believe that they would be better off finding some middle ground, like oh say staying in CA and visiting family, because honestly with the melding of their lifestyles not only city-wise they have a lot to meld as well. Their differences in religious beliefs as far as their families are concerned is going to become a major factor maybe not at first but later on if they *really* are as serious as they portray their feelings to be. Judeo-Christianity mix is possible but man I know bible belt and, ouch! I think they should ease both of their families into it and definitely not let either family try to have too much control. Just my two or three dollars worth of opinions

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, kenderducky, "neutral territory" far from both sets of parents, is probably their best bet if they really want to make it. I also agree, there's city, big city and there's BIG city.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2574772;
    Yup. Now if phoenix had said "hit her" then you'd be right, VelvetHugs. Gotta keep updated on your slang! Not that I think Nick would hit her, tempting as it might be when she whines....
    Boy do I feel stupid. Hey I have been around the block a few times but have never heard that expression. So does that mean you hit "it" during sex? I really don't get it. Now I know how Amber feels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast