+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have the house guests been told?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskafan
    So sorry toothdoc, our prayers are with you. I have relatives in Kenner and thankfully they are OK. I agree that the HGs should be told when it is something important like that, rules or no rules I would want to know. When 911 happened it was impossible for me to watch BB until they told them just because of the trivial stuff they were arguing about.
    Unless it has direct bearing on a candidate, I don't think they can for reasons stated upthread. I'm sure this is a very difficult issue for all involved with the show.

Speaking of Katrina, do you think they will tell them during the finale, or afterwards off camera?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke
    i wonder when they'll tell them? after the finale? i kinda wish they would let us see their reactions. i wonder if any of them will be angry that they were kept in the dark about it? i could ivette being one of those people.
    Yeah, I could see Ivette throwing a fit about that. I'm sure she'll think that the BB producers have the darkest souls for not filling them in about it.

However, unless it affects them directly, I see no reason why they should be told.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

As long as they're holed up in the house and can't do anything about it, why tell them? So they can sit around and worry about it? It's not like they can help- or even make donations right now. Granted, it would give them something new to talk about and could actually unite them for once- but CBS knows this wouldn't make good TV. Besides, they're so screwed up from being in that house for long, their reactions could be off the wall. Ivette would probably blame Janelle or the BB producers. (That might not be a joke... They are losing touch with reality.)

They have a good cause to donate their winnings to when they get out though. Since they would "do good" with it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady
    They have a good cause to donate their winnings to when they get out though. Since they would "do good" with it anyway.
    Excellent point!

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar

~*But this would mean that April would have to forgo botox. I don't see that happening...
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    Speaking of Katrina, do you think they will tell them during the finale, or afterwards off camera?
    i can think of the most appropriate opportunity...after the winner has been announced and they're just chatting about the game, before it goes to credits, it could go like this:

julie - "janelle and beau, you both said you had nightmares about hurricanes recently. well, your dreams were eerily accurate. a category 1 hurricane did hit florida a few weeks ago, right about the time you had the dreams. we can assure you that your dogs are fine as is everyone else that you love and care for. but the hurricane took a devastating turn as it went into the gulf coast and became the worst national disaster our country has ever seen. new orleans as you know it exists no longer. two of the flood levees gave way and flooded the city. thousands of people are unfortunately dead, hundreds of thousands of people are homeless and relocated to other parts of the country, and the nation is starting to rebuild."

just my thoughts ....

Don't forget the part about "as per your wishes to have good done with it, all your winnings will be donated to the Red Cross".

Do the people in sequester get any outside news? I know they don't hear about the show, but do they hear about world events?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Don't forget the part about "as per your wishes to have good done with it, all your winnings will be donated to the Red Cross".
    hahahaha, i love it!

Quote Originally Posted by girl in green
    Do the people in sequester get any outside news? I know they don't hear about the show, but do they hear about world events?
    as far as i understand, they're just as sequestered as the ones still in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12