+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live Feed - Basis for Current Opinions of HG's?

TCW

Live Feed - Basis for Current Opinions of HG's?

I've been pretty busy the last few weeks so I haven't kept up, so I'm curious if there is some way to describe what has lead to what appears to be a large anti-maggie/cappy group attitude.

For example, I guess I missed what Cappy did that allowed James to feel like he was being stabbed in the back.

I've missed what Maggie, et al, have done that's been so horrible.

For me, I saw most of the feeds in the first few days but then little after that. At that time I had kinda disliked Janelle and Howie, and even Michael. Mostly for their either odd/offensive attitudes towards the women in the house, or their snooty attitude about others in the house.

I'm not so against anyone though as everyone seems to be doing what they can to either play or survive the game. Some are more capable for sure, but I guess I haven't really seen a side worth picking yet.

Well, personally I had a dislike for "Cappy" since the first episodes, when he paranoidly rallied the guys around him, because he was convinced the girls would try and evict them (I don't get the live feeds -- I just read this).

I guess it's just generally the huge smear campaign that Eric started against Michael, which raised tensions until he attacked Michael (And yet Eric wasn't removed from the house, which I'm sure anyone can find a bit ridiculous, since people have been removed for less in the past).

Of specific crimes by Maggie, I can mostly think of the fact that she defecated in Kaysar's toilet (while he was HoH), purposely not flushing the toilet, and the fact that she called Kaysar the *ahem* N-word.

I think it's less any of those things, as much as anyone who gets the live feeds has to constantly listen to these two delude themselves into believing they are good people inside the BB house, resulting in a multitude of irritating hypocricy to listen to.

Honestly, to get the gist of it, the best thing you could do is read over the day summaries by hepcat, and read the daily discussions and transcripts. It gets infuriating...

Like you, I'm not sure. I think many people forget that there is a game going on. What we're seeing probably has very little to do wih how these people are in real life.
    Eric and Kaysar seem to be the self appointed team leaders. Some like one of them, some like the other. I happened to like Eric but now he's gone so we need to find someone else to lead. Guess Maggie will do.
    [mod removed]
    I think that Eric lied to James, pretty much the same as Kaysar did to Eric. No big deal on either of their parts as far as I can figure.
    There have been many crude things said and I think a lot of them are by Maggie. Nothing to make a difference in the way things play out, just generally crude. Crude doesn't bother me as much as it does others, I don't think.
    You will get many different opinions but this is mine. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-29-2005 at 01:45 PM. Reason: removed comment about FORT members

TCW.... Seeing as how it's difficult to explain a month's worth of actions to someone that hasn't watched them taking place, I'll have to let it suffice to say that it's not the crude actions themselves that are the root of the anti-Crappy/anti-Maggie group attitude... it's that both of them are just as nasty, crude, and obnoxious as they are accusing the others of being yet they somehow believe themselves to be playing with honesty, integrity, and superiority.

Hypocrisy is never an attractive quality.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    At the beginning before I got the feeds, I didn't really have a favorite and I really didn't dislike anyone. I got the feeds and I started watching how Eric, Maggie, Ivette, April, Beau and Jennifer, would sit all together and talk junk about Janelle and Kayser and Howie all the time. Making fun of Kayser's religion, how trashy someone Janelle was ..... I mean it was constant and ugly. It was so overwhelming to me I was shocked. Then on the other feeds it would show Kayser's group laughing, telling funny stories about their families. If Beau would walk into the room they'd all talk to him and laugh and stuff - and when he walked out they didn't say anything about him. But if Kayser walked into the room with Eric's group they would stop talking and just glare at them ...... and then when Kayser left the room they would go off about everything. It was horrible. It was probably at that moment I realized I couldn't stand Eric's group.

My favorites are Kayser, Howie and Janelle. I like the way they handle themselves.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Maggie, at one point, used the "n" word when referring to Kaysar and I find that inexcusable. Period. Did anyone mention that she used Kaysar's HOH toilet and didn't flush on purpose?? Left him a gift, she did. And they make her seem so sweet on TV. Makes me want to vomit.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Well, duh. Now I see AIB beat me to all of it. I really should not post when I am running on the fly because I have no time to read! Sorry!
    ~*~ Maji *~

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    Maggie, at one point, used the "n" word when referring to Kaysar and I find that inexcusable. Period. Did anyone mention that she used Kaysar's HOH toilet and didn't flush on purpose?? Left him a gift, she did. And they make her seem so sweet on TV. Makes me want to vomit.

Oh yeah and those too! :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Melissab73
    I got the feeds and I started watching how Eric, Maggie, Ivette, April, Beau and Jennifer, would sit all together and talk junk about Janelle and Kayser and Howie all the time. Making fun of Kayser's religion, how trashy someone Janelle was ..... I mean it was constant and ugly. It was so overwhelming to me I was shocked. Then on the other feeds it would show Kayser's group laughing, telling funny stories about their families. If Beau would walk into the room they'd all talk to him and laugh and stuff - and when he walked out they didn't say anything about him. But if Kayser walked into the room with Eric's group they would stop talking and just glare at them ...... and then when Kayser left the room they would go off about everything. It was horrible. It was probably at that moment I realized I couldn't stand Eric's group.
    That's what turned me off of them, too. I hate that clique mentality. April started the cattiness the first week, saying that she didn't like Michael because he was boring and weird. So pretty soon Michael's an outcast, which caused him to behave even weirder.
    I don't think she's smart enough to be doing this strategically; I think it's just her personality.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Janelle & Kaysar ROCK! CouchPotato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    What we're seeing probably has very little to do wih how these people are in real life.
    Sorry, but I have to disagree a bit with this. I'm not saying they aren't putting on a 'brave face' and talking trash, but you can't make yourself say hurtful things about people day in and day out and not really feel it. I realize they put on their game face in these situations, but I think how they are on the live feeds is pretty much how they are outside of this game. Obviously outside the house they aren't all competing for the same thing, but I think their true colors really are showing on the live feeds. I only watch the live feeds once in awhile and it's not hard to pick out the bad apples (Cappy's Crew). The editing CBS is doing isn't showing the whole story. Just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast