+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Benefactor 10/25/04 Recap: I’ll See Your Serious, and Raise You a Dead Serious

FORT Newbie

Thank you!

Manny, I can't thank you enough for your fantastic (I want to call them re-enactments) of this show. I was beyond bummed when, thanks to the geniuses at ABC, I was completely unable to view the "penultimate" episode. I am so thankful that you were, however. I truly feel that I've seen it now. I laughed harder at your antics than those of Dominic, Linda and the gang throughout this (ABC) debacle from beginning to end. I actually do not watch much reality TV, but I hope you'll let me know the next one you plan to follow, as it will be worth it to me to watch simply in order to enjoy your recaps.

Thanks again! You are truly gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyMannyTheRecappingMan
    Who wouldn’t appreciate such a generous act? And what is this “foreshadowing” thing that I keep hearing about?

and they head off to finally meet Linda’s mother, Teresa. Mother Teresa? Hey, come on. If that’s not funny, maybe you need to try less sleep.

Add a lot of “like”-s, “dude”-s, and “totally”-s, in there, and you pretty much have it all, with 20 seconds to spare.

So back to the secret underground lair we go! Fly!
    I only saw 1 1/2 episodes of the show, but I did see the one prior to the finale. I meant to tune in and watch this one, as I was dying to see "The House". I missed the episode, but after reading the recap, I don't feel like I missed it at all. Great Job

(That last bit I quoted cracked me up, and I keep repeating it )
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Mantenna

A Liar Should Have a Good Memory

A truth that’s told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent. –William Blake

She wanders the maze to the Chamber of Judgment, where Mark pops the long-awaited question. No, no, no . . . not that one!

Enter Dominic, who is dressed . . . well, like Dominic,

Add a lot of “like”-s, “dude”-s, and “totally”-s, in there, and you pretty much have it all, with 20 seconds to spare.

Living in the Limelight, Caught in the Camera Eye

What!? You mean that there’s no winner? What is this new devilry!?

Thus, we have George Pinocchio . . . er . . . Pennacchio

Hmm . . . it seems that the title of the show is ringing true, indeed.

Femia’s mom decides to just cheer them on from the poolside, because she knows better than to mess up her makeup.

And if you ever feel like handing out any more money. . . .

This recap isn’t over until I say it’s over. And I say, it’s over!
    And over it is. Thanks for a great season of entertaining recaps, Manny. I've enjoyed each and every one. You never fail to make me proud and smile.

Mark’s first stop is to visit Linda’s house. Linda, he says, has been one of his favorites since the beginning, since she’s not just out for herself—she’s out to get a prosthetic leg for her mother. Who wouldn’t appreciate such a generous act? And what is this “foreshadowing” thing that I keep hearing about?

Mother Teresa? Hey, come on. If that’s not funny, maybe you need to try less sleep.

So obvious, we aren’t even shown the footage of Mark visiting the other contestants, and we just hear him say that they were just as he expected them to be. I guess Dominic lives in a giant neon “Las Vegas” sign. . . .

Enter Dominic, who is dressed . . . well, like Dominic, and looks utterly lost when he enters the maze of the AA Center.

This recap isn’t over until I say it’s over. And I say, it’s over! mantenna@fansofrealitytv.com
    Excellent job Manny! You did a great job all season.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Thank you all so much for your comments and compliments! You guys are the best.

That’s right, it’s time to scrub down the bathrooms and pile all that junk into the closet, overtop of the skeletons.

they head off to finally meet Linda’s mother, Teresa. Mother Teresa? Hey, come on. If that’s not funny, maybe you need to try less sleep.

leaving inner-city Boston behind. Telephone poles and streetlights are replaced by lovely trees and oceanfront views. I can feel the rent progressively getting higher and higher.

and we just hear him say that they were just as he expected them to be. I guess Dominic lives in a giant neon “Las Vegas” sign. . . .

Thus, George’s work in the set-up is done, and he goes off to let his nose grow in the privacy of his own home.

but in reality, this will be the big reveal! *jazz hands*
    Excellent job, Manny

You did such a great job of recapping this season, even more so considering the dreadful hour ABC decided to air this in your region.

You rock

I'm late to the love-lavishing party here, Manny. But this -- and your take on the whole season -- rocked! Yes, like a rock star.

Original Monet artwork? Or more Elvis paintings? It’s always the important questions that remain unanswered.

*jazz hands*

This recap isn’t over until I say it’s over. And I say, it’s over!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Either that or you’re all insomniacs. Which pretty much describes my friends anyway.

and someone is bound to be flummoxed at every turn! Me.

Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?

No top-secret underground lair spying. No recapping the last episode.

And what is this “foreshadowing” thing that I keep hearing about?

finally meet Linda’s mother, Teresa. Mother Teresa? Hey, come on. If that’s not funny, maybe you need to try less sleep.

a spunky lady who seems to enjoy life and such diverse hobbies as collecting velvet Elvis paintings and stealing perfume from her daughter. What’s not to love? She is in a wheelchair and missing a leg. Sadly, no Jonny Fairplay here, afterall.

Original Monet artwork? Or more Elvis paintings? It’s always the important questions that remain unanswered.

Dan-in-the-Van desperately tries to change the subject, but “How ‘bout them Patriots?” isn’t going to fool anyone now.

So back to the secret underground lair we go! Fly!

Six hours later, it’s time for the reunion show! Except, not.

but in reality, this will be the big reveal! *jazz hands* you so DID NOT use JAZZ HANDS!!
    You sooo did NOT use jazz hands!! Oh my...*wipes tear* Manny, Mannitola, Mandibular, yet another fab-oh recap from the land of...Inspirado. <-----awed whisper and inexplicably...the distant note of a flute.

Oh I hoped I was not too late prior to this forum sinking into oblivion, but great job all season, mi amigo, you know you're the gold man, nearly outfitted in lame', you're so gold. (That's lah-may, not "lame". Curse my inability to use vB codes!!)

Anyhow, hilarious. And good. Golden-y good. Two thumbs up. Your rock the casbah, and you rock it well!
    Last edited by Shazzer; 11-02-2004 at 11:57 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Amazing work this season Manny. You gave this show the attention and effort it deserved. ABC could learn a lot from you.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    Manny, you did a fantastic job with this recap and the whole season. Bravo, and jazz hands all around.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12