+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    Linda's response was that she should not have brought Mark to her house. She said she should have brought him to a different house. So, she is saying she should have continued to be a big fat liar. Ha ha...bye loser!

What has she done for her mother? I hope my kids don't take care of me how she "cares" for her mom. She is a horrible daughter.

How did Linda act when she ws caught in a lie?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about the ending.

While an interesting twist for sure, I also thought it was sort of cruel to make one person go through the process of losing twice.

They both seem like nice folks.

Happy for Femia -- though I thought the orange nail polish she was wearing was a bit garish.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I am praying that Monday Night Football is over in a timely fashion so I actually get to watch the whole condensed thing.

FORT Newbie
    Femia???

Damn I certainly didn't want her to win it. She certainly didn't deserve it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by deny
    Linda's response was that she should not have brought Mark to her house. She said she should have brought him to a different house. So, she is saying she should have continued to be a big fat liar. Ha ha...bye loser!

What has she done for her mother? I hope my kids don't take care of me how she "cares" for her mom. She is a horrible daughter.
    West Coaster here. I couldn't wait to find out if Linda was the one who got nailed for lying. Thank GOD she did not get away with it! How morally bankrupt to you have to be to use your mother to win money on a reality show!? BLECH. How proud her mother must be.

Obviously (from the quote above) she didn't see anything wrong with her behavior. The problem with people like Linda is that they rarely "wake up" and see anything wrong with how they act and how they live their life. I couldn't look anyone in the eye, not even myself, if I did what she has done. Yeah Mark for getting rid of her!

Congrats to Femia! I liked her from the beginning - she just seems like she has what it takes to succeed. Yes, Dominic is a nice kid and you know what, people like him always land on their feet and are protected by the universe (sort of like Mr. Magoo!).
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by deny
    Several people have mentioned that Linda told Mark that she needed money to buy legs for her mother. I tuned Linda out completely during the earlier episodes because she was the only contestant that I truly disliked from the beginning until the end of the show.

I saw her mother in a wheel chair but did not see if she needs two artificial limbs or exactly what her current physical state is regarding her legs or lack of from the car accident. Also, it has been a long time since I was in Boston and I was wondering if her mother is still living in East Boston close to their old neighborhood which Linda repeatedly called the ghetto to emphasize her pretended need for dollars.

I am glad that Femia won. She was my favorite. I only continued to watch the show because I liked Mark and Femia. They were the only stars on this series.

I thought Femia looked beautiful in the finale and was very articulate. I liked her dress. I did not notice her nail polish.

The only thing that looked garish to me was Dom's hairdo. He used his one hook line and sinker rock star theme until the bitter end. I am glad that Femia didn't blow it in the end and give Dominic a final reprieve. Dude where's my million?

I watched the first couple of shows, but it didn't hold my interest, it just seemed to be a showcase for Cuban's crippling mental problems. I happened to tune in tonight and I have to thank the mental millionaire for two things:
    1) Providing a classic reality TV moment when he went out to ghetto princess Lisa's country manor, and then she said she should have just continued lying and took him to a different house! Hilarious!
    2) Not giving into the temptation to give the $$$ to his halfwit man-crush Dominic. (Why do you deserve to win Dominic? - Because I brought it - rock star forever dude!?!??)
    Thanks for a few moments entertainment Mark, but as far as reality TV goes you're no Mark Burnett or Donald Trump.

Linda was really nervous the whole time Mark Cuban was in her house. They showed shots of her expensively decorated home, including flat screen TVs. (I was just in an electronics store this evening looking at a Samsung that looked identical to Linda's: 9,000 bucks. ) Mark made some comment about selling a few of the flat screen TVs to get her mom some legs, but I can't remember if it was a voice-over.

But even if she'd been able to talk her way out of this (like I never said I was poor NOW) she was in the van with Mark and some local friends, and one of them called her an online junkie. If you remember, during the challenge where they had to push the envelope she made a big speech about being terrified of computers. You could tell she wanted to smack her friend because she went on and on about it.

Priceless.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    I did not like Linda and I thought she was acting throughout the show. I'm glad to see that she was exposed for what she really is and got cut. The computer phobia thing was just so overboard. Nobody her age acts like that about computers in 2004. I wish she could have been cut sooner so that a more worthy person could have had a better chance at the million bucks.

What was ABC thinking when they cut two hours down to one? If they really had to do that, I thought there was so much that could have been edited out of the end of this episode to make the first part more coherent. It would have been nice to have had at least one segment (beyond the end credits) that combined the visits to Femia's and Dominic's homes or showed more of Linda's reaction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast