+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Oh I hope it is Femia that is the liar. I can't stand her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwell
    Oh I hope it is Femia that is the liar. I can't stand her at all.
    Femia?!?!

We all know that the liar is Linda!!!!

Femia is going to win!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Linda and Spencer made a good team. They complimented each others styles. Femia would have been more successful with a trained monkey (or even an untrained one). I liked the task and what they both did. Sumos- making people laugh is a great act of kindness. I always feel better afterward (as long a tickling isn't involved). The flowers and the nursing home were great ideas and they made many people happy. The idea to hand out packets of food to the homeless was good, but taking the time to talk with them was what made the whole plan a great idea.

I agree with Mark's assessment of the task and was very pleased with the "present your arguments" trial. Tiffany felt totally back-doored/betrayed/shocked and was clueless about the reasons. I on the other hand was transported into the Finding Nemo movie scene:

Tiffany: "You mean you don't...like me?" (Dory)
    Femia: "No...No, I DO like you. It's because I like you that I don't want to be with you. It's a...complicated...thing." (Marlin)

Dominic: If I had $1,000 of someone else's money in my pocket, I would be generous too, but not stupid enough to announce it's presence. Did his secret tests prove that he is a sweet, thoughtful and kind person or that he isn't capable of caring about anything but having a good time? I hope he didn't take his 12 year old friend in the club.

The finale sounds good. The look on Linda's face when Mark said he was going to visit their homes was telling. (Great idea by the way.) Oh, Linda...you have some splainin' to do.

Femia should win. I think she would make the most of it. Dom will blow it on partying and Linda doesn't need it.

Femia should win. I think she would make the most of it. Dom will blow it on partying and Linda doesn't need it.
    Totally agreed there. Femia is the one who deserves it most, as she has been, IMO, the best competitor. She's been honest from the start, kept her cool as best as possible, performed great in the tasks, and has been all-around nice, yet never forgetting that this is still a competition for one million dollars and that her #1 priority should be to do her best to win it, and this showed well when she performed very well in her task with Tiffaney during this episode, then giving her views on everybody, including her own teammate, and being totally honest about it, yet as nice as she could possibly be while at it. The fact that she's been my favorite right from the start helps out a lot.

Besides, not only does she deserve it and I believe she has fully earned it, I think it's also the only good choice. Linda is a jerk and does not deserve the money, and after she gets caught in her lie, she is so outta there. And as for Dominic, I like the guy, but he's just not been as good a competitor as Femia has been (IMO, of course), and it would be just plain wrong if he won it. Not because he doesn't deserve it, but because he's obviously not been as good a competitor as Femia has, but also it would make the show lose all credibility if in the end Mark ended up giving the price to the guy who's been his personal favorite right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I have enjoyed this show until now. Keeping Dom and staging the, oh so obvious, hidden tests took the shine off for me.
    I've enjoyed the show too, and when it looked like Dominic was gone (even though it was obvious he was Mark's favorite), I thought - OK, this show isn't fake....! But when Mark not only let Dom stay, but also sent him (& his best friend?) on the trip.... I became convinced that Mark's favorite would win this thing. And that's fine - Mark's the one giving his own money away - he can give it to whomever he wants! Just don't make it look like it's a competition show when it's really not!

FORT Fogey
    berries, we seem to be agreeing in every thread.

I would be interested to hear that a friend of both Tiffany and Femia were called and put on alert for a trip to Cancun. If we hear nothing then we are correct.

There may be no articles or buzz following this show because of the low ratings, however. Mark seems to have stopped checking in here to answer questions.

We never hear in Who Wants to Marry our Dad if Stacy and Marty are still together. Some shows just fade away and often the aftermath is the most interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    Totally agreed there. Femia is the one who deserves it most, as she has been, IMO, the best competitor. She's been honest from the start, kept her cool as best as possible, performed great in the tasks, and has been all-around nice, yet never forgetting that this is still a competition for one million dollars and that her #1 priority should be to do her best to win it, and this showed well when she performed very well in her task with Tiffaney during this episode, then giving her views on everybody, including her own teammate, and being totally honest about it, yet as nice as she could possibly be while at it. The fact that she's been my favorite right from the start helps out a lot.
    Exactly Rembrant! Femia is the strongest competitor there. Linda is strong too, but she takes things on a more personal level than Femia. And anyways, she is lying about her financial status and that's a no-no in this game! Femia was my initial favorite too although there was a chance that I would hate her instead. Fortunately, I was wrong -- I love her!!!

I really hope Femia wins this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    There may be no articles or buzz following this show because of the low ratings, however. Mark seems to have stopped checking in here to answer questions.

Some shows just fade away and often the aftermath is the most interesting.
    Mark was on the forum during the week. Maybe he will be kind enough to start a thread or give an interview to share some postmortem commentary on The Benefactor after the finale.

I hope so. I am hooked on this show and its a real shame ABC is cutting it short!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    Mark was on the forum during the week. Maybe he will be kind enough to start a thread or give an interview to share some postmortem commentary on The Benefactor after the finale.

How do you know this? He did not make any posts that I can find.

+ Reply to Thread