+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I missed this episode but I can't say I'm sorry Spencer and the Watermelon Queen went home. I didn't like Spencer after he took the money (seemed dishonest to me) and I just didn't like the Watermelon Queen that much.

Originally my favorite contestants were Linda and Mario. I've gradually learned to dislike Linda. I'm sorry Mario got kicked off so soon because he seemed like a good guy. I also liked Kevin and I'm glad he at least got some money out of this whole thing. Between Femia and Dominic, I don't really care which one wins at this point. Femia probably would do something with the money. I'm not so sure I can say the same about Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    I didn't like Spencer after he took the money (seemed dishonest to me).

Femia probably would do something with the money. I'm not so sure I can say the same about Dominic.

Spencer and Femia were my favorites. When did Spencer just take money?

Hopefully, Dominic will not spend the cool million on the Dallas Mavericks cheer leading squad that he was shown flirting with.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    Spencer and Femia were my favorites. When did Spencer just take money?

Hopefully, Dominic will not spend the cool million on the Dallas Mavericks cheer leading squad that he was shown flirting with.
    It wasn't shown on TV sugarlady. Somewhere in the 2nd episode Mark gave the group A LOT of money. They can do whatever they want with it. Spencer pocketed some for himself and the rest was split.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I have NEVER believed One Word about Linda's Mother needing a leg since the first show; just the way she talks about it seems like a made-up story to serve her own purposes on this show. I've dealt with alot of LIARS in life and they all have the same techniques and manners in their story tellings.

What strikes me is how strongly Mark seems to have been "infatuated" with and charmed by her from the beginning, his thinking "Oh What a wonderful woman this is to want to help her poor mother"...
    But if you look a bit deeper, it's really a NARCISSTIC reaction on his part that he's so far, been totally unaware of.
    Linda and Mark look, act, walk, talk, and sound so much alike, they could be Fraternal Twins... he sees his feminine/sister self in her.
    Too Bad... Otherwise I think Mark would have seen thru the "poor mommy" story alot sooner in this game... and gotten rid of her alot sooner.
    3 Cheers and Hoping for the only class act on this show to win, Famia.
    "The Doctor has Spoken; Free of charge!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by drrealee
    3 Cheers and Hoping for the only class act on this show to win, Famia.
    Yay!!!! Another Femia fan!!!

Gotta be Linda. The mis-direction teaser was showing images of Vegas and then the luxury home. Both Femia and Dom are from Nevada. This was a diliberate mis-direction.

FORT Fogey
    I am sceptical of the notion that Linda lied about her mother. I believe she is the liar but about her financial situation and computer skills perhaps. The promo suggests it is her living conditions because we see the camera scan a room with a plasma or LCD TV and a furnishings that do not suggest ghetto. If the lie were about her mother we would have seen mom opening the door or greeting Mark I would think.

I now realize that the 'dual personality' was not suggesting multiple personality but just a mercenary side of Linda that would drive her to lie. I am a bit dashed on that since I was expecting Sybil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I believe she is the liar but about her financial situation and computer skills perhaps.
    It's like I said all along, no one's that afraid of a computer!!!

And lying about your financial status to the Benefactor -- the one who is going to give you the million, shameful indeed. I hope Linda is not the $1 million winner. Femia & Dominic deserve it more than Linda does although Dominic will waste it buying and breaking guitars.

FORT Fogey
    I have enjoyed this show until now. Keeping Dom and staging the, oh so obvious, hidden tests took the shine off for me.

It does seem to have that "Who wants to hang out and be Mark Cuban's friend" feel lately. (hidden tests? are we supposed to be morons? If someone were screaming for an ambulance next to me, I'd call one, if someone was upset very very loudly right next to me that they needed to use a phone, I'd let them use my phone, its COMMON COURTESY not going above and beyond).

Anyway, I liked the premise, I like Mark Cuban (WAY more than DT), I just think the show needed more structure to keep my attention.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread