+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABC cuts back 'The Benefactor'

What the deuce?
    Ok, let me get this straight. The network executives plan on making more reality shows because it's what's "in" right now. On the other hand, they treat their shows like absolute crap. If it's not AI, Survivor or The Apprentice, you can except anything from surprise cancellation or, in this case, cutbacks from episodes that could've been more interesting than their usual programming.
    If there is any logic whatsoever to this, please explain it to me, as I'm clearly clueless about it all.

Bullocks.

I'm in Tampa, and they are pre-empting it for a pre-game show.

FORT Newbie
    I didn't know quite what to think of this show when it started, but I've come to like it a lot and it's too bad that ABC is treating it so poorly. I seem to recall that they treated the second season of "The Mole" very poorly as well.

They sure did. I was very disappointed in that, because The Mole is my favorite reality program. ABC treated many other shows poorly as well like The Family, Are You Hot?, & All-American Girl.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I was having flash backs to The Family tonight when I thought Benefactor wasn't going to be on again here in the Portland OR area. I was thinking about how I had to make myself not care and be patient until they showed it again. But this time, I was thinking I'd never get to see the end, the way they've been treating Benefactor!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Thank god for my TiVo. I found the show. 1:05 am weds morning.

FORT Fogey
    Yes. thank god for Tivo for many reasons!

This is disappointing! I loved this show. Cuban had great ideas here, and the first time thru to get condensed? COME ON! This is not a fair shake.

ABC gives up too easily on their reality shows...
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12