+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "The Benefactor" 10/11 episode pre-empted for Reeve special

Manny, it would be pretty awesome if you could recap the show that none of us get to see. It would be like it was meant to be.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

If I had to guess, I would say there was a special tribute to him because of his controversial 'cause' which is more in the limelight now esp after kerry mentioned it during the debates.. I feel for Reeves friends and family and he will be missed but I also feel for all of the other parapalegics in the world who struggle day in and day out and are heroes as well but travel in different circles then he did

Well, I guess there's nothing more that can be done here. Back to "Survivor" and "The Apprentice" I guess!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Manny, it would be pretty awesome if you could recap the show that none of us get to see. It would be like it was meant to be.
    The show hasn't aired anywhere. It's just going to be a week behind. Next week we will see what we were supposed to see this week.

The Benefactor was not scheduled to be shown in my state prior to the death of Christopher Reeve. A state political debate was scheduled. I was not home and did not tape that time slot but I can only assume that the debate was shown.

I saw a tribute to Christopher Reeve on Access Hollywood. It was very nicely done. I enjoyed Christopher Reeve's career and he is more than deserving of any acknowledgment that is given him.

Quote Originally Posted by belvedeere
    The show hasn't aired anywhere. It's just going to be a week behind. Next week we will see what we were supposed to see this week.
    The only reason that I could have possibly seen it is that the show airs here at 2:15 A.M., after reruns of Frasier! I thought perhaps that since it's such a late and lonely timeslot, they could have forgotten to change the programming.

But alas, they were not negligent for once, and it didn't show here, either.

It stinks that we have to wait one more whole week to see more Benefactor!!!! The tribute could of waited -- that way the tribute would be more presentable!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    It stinks that we have to wait one more whole week to see more Benefactor!!!! The tribute could of waited -- that way the tribute would be more presentable!
    I am in no rush to see Linda's pit bull mug foaming at the mouth. I needed a break and wouldn't have watched anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    With all due respect , there have been lots of more important people to die and not have a next day tribute on air. Why Christpher Reeve? I think they could have waited a few days and put together a proper tribute instead of rushing an already been aired show on .
    More bad ABC judgement. Mark If you are out there - Next time pick FOX or anyone else other than these bozos. FOX treats it's reality TV with a bit of repect . (Man am I really holding up FOX as a broadcasting example? What has the world become? )

Up here in the great white north we were treated to a repeat of the redneck vs the treehugger ep of wife swap . No Superman redux for us.
    That's strange, eny... I'm up in the great white north too, and we got the Special-About-the-Guy-Formerly-Known-as-Superman here (on ABC)...

I've heard that that ABC is going to merge 2 episodes of "The Benefactor" together because of the pre-emption. Is that true?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast