+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "The Benefactor" 10/11 episode pre-empted for Reeve special

welcome to my world.... I wait every week until the following Sunday at 1130PM when ABC Miami WPLG (those #$!X*!) decide to show it. Thank goodness for my friend TIVO. However it was anticlimatic after reading all about it.

I like this show.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

eny
    FORT Fogey
    With all due respect , there have been lots of more important people to die and not have a next day tribute on air. Why Christpher Reeve? I think they could have waited a few days and put together a proper tribute instead of rushing an already been aired show on .
    More bad ABC judgement. Mark If you are out there - Next time pick FOX or anyone else other than these bozos. FOX treats it's reality TV with a bit of repect . (Man am I really holding up FOX as a broadcasting example? What has the world become? )

Up here in the great white north we were treated to a repeat of the redneck vs the treehugger ep of wife swap . No Superman redux for us.

Oy.. I'm FINALLY back online at home, and the one reality show I watch on Mondays is preempted. Figures. God Bless Christopher Reeve, he was a true hero. But at the same time, well, this could have been aired on Friday. I mean, where was Janet Leigh's 20/20 special, or Rodney Dangerfield's for that matter? Okay...off rant.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieKat
    . God Bless Christopher Reeve, he was a true hero. But at the same time, well, this could have been aired on Friday. I mean, where was Janet Leigh's 20/20 special, or Rodney Dangerfield's for that matter? Okay...off rant.
    Exactly just what I was thinking.....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    This show sucks.

In my opinion, ABC could broadcast the image of a black-and-white photograph of Christopher Reeve's closed casket for 60 minutes straight and that would still generate better ratings -- and it would be a lot more interesting -- than the piece of JUNK of a show that is The Benefactor!

I'm sick of butt cracks.. TeelaGirl's Avatar
    I don't mean to sound heartless about Christopher Reeve's passing but
    CRAAAAAAAAAAAP! Why didn't they take Monday night football off the air instead? Could you imagine the rath of crazed football fans around the country? Yeah? Well that's the way I feel about my reality shows PEOPLE!

Mark just needs to buy the network.

FORT Fogey
    Well, since the Amazing Race ended and I started watching all the Reality TV shows (I never saw any of them before this year) -- I now only watch this one, the one the Hair guy does (it's awful -- people keep saying the first season was better), Extreme Home Makeover occasionally (kind of a neat show, and the host is really good) -- and I'm waiting for Amazing Race to come back.

This is really a bummer since I wanted to see what was going to happen tonight. Is anyone going to get it? Canadian TV maybe?

My digital cable guide still lists that it's on at 8:00 and again at 10:00.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Nope canuck TV was just a god awful rerun of wife swap. I ended up watching 7th Heaven which I didn't watch all last year since all the good characters left. Thank you Jeesusss for digital TV.

Anyway the message was vote & stuff . Since we already elected our moron for the year - I'll pass on the message.

It just seems like they pre - empted it too easily. Hey someone died ..

Pom - I like Benefactor , so it can't be all bad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast