+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    I stopped watching after the margaritas, so it looks like Dominic lost Jenga??? Oh I'm sure Mark will twist the rules just so he doesn't lose his golden boy.

Guaranteed.
    Twisting rules is the only reason the Blue team started to catch up in the scoring and create some suspense. The Sliver team had much better players. I thought it was tacky when the best player on the Silver team was told he had to shoot back wards and after his back was turned then he was told by the way you can't turn around again to look at the goal. This show just seems to be anything goes.

FORT Newbie
    Linda has gots to go! She's rude and ARROGANT!!

FORT Newbie
    Don't believe the gossip about her winning - she does drive a BMW, as well as a Porche and a Discovery. She has a "Benefactor" who can buy her mom as many legs as she wants. Linda has a 3ct engagement ring from her fiance and doesn't work -

She's a great athlete but women football players don't make money doing it - inffact everyone but Linda works they have to!

I heard she's the same in person they belong to several clubs and no on'es impressed with her either.

Quote Originally Posted by photochick71002
    She has a "Benefactor" who can buy her mom as many legs as she wants. Linda has a 3ct engagement ring from her fiance and doesn't work -
    It is obvious that Linda is not a scholar and personifies the definition of a bimbo.
    Just because a woman is feminine, well-groomed, and well-mannered does not make her a bimbo.

I don't know what Mark and Linda's finance see in her.

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/mor...rticleid=45065

FORT Newbie
    I wouldn't say she is a bimbo especially with Tiffany still on the show.

I would much prefer Linda win over Femia and Dominic. Can't stand either of them and don't understand what Mark sees in them.

Mark seems to make weird choices everytime he chooses to kick people out and makes about the exact opposite choice as to what I would have made.

There are exceptions of course i.e. Shawn and the first dude kicked off.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Linda has a 3ct engagement ring from her fiance and doesn't work
    That is a pretty condescending attitude in this day. The fiancee may have money. It doesn't mean she's a do nothing barbie planning to socialite her way through life on his dime. The fact she was on the show indicates the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    I stopped watching after the margaritas, so it looks like Dominic lost Jenga??? Oh I'm sure Mark will twist the rules just so he doesn't lose his golden boy.

Guaranteed.
    Gosh, I hope not. I can't stand Dominic. Then again I'm not crazy about any of the people who are left. Kevin was the last person I liked.

I was cheering for team blue in the game of Horse, but lost a lot of respect for them when they were trash-talking the kid on the silver team. And I felt really bad for Lucas - 10 years old is awfully young to have a million-dollar decision riding on your shoulders. (Does Lucas look really familiar to anyone else, or is it just me?)

Also, I thought the kids were supposed to be "under 12", but then I heard them say the boy on the silver team was 12. Did Mark actually say "12 or under" and maybe I just misheard?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Also, I thought the kids were supposed to be "under 12", but then I heard them say the boy on the silver team was 12. Did Mark actually say "12 or under" and maybe I just misheard?
    I'm 99% sure he did say 12 or under. He may have said no older than 12. One of the big mistakes the blue team made was recruiting a 10 year old rather than a 12 year old. The difference just a couple years can make in skill level is huge. Of course, the blue team did a terrible job all around in putting their team together. I thought the 10 year old actually did remarkably well all things considered.

I felt so bad for the 10-yr old kid when he was crying because he didn't get his team the winning shot! It was pretty mean for them to have the kids shoot the ball for the final shots... it would have been better if one of the adult players had done it.

We want a pitcher; not a belly itcher

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    ...It was pretty mean for them to have the kids shoot the ball for the final shots...
    Going into the competition they didn't know how many shots there would be or the type of shots required. The closer they came to losing the more desperate they were. They probably hoped that, if they saved the kids to shoot last in the final rotation, the game would be over before they were needed.

Trash talk is commonplace with all age groups. When you get into sports, you learn how to deal with it. I don't personally condone or like it, but it's reality. Neither of the kids seemed bothered by it. I was surprised they didn't give the hecklers the finger and laugh. The pressure of the situation didn't even seem to bother any of the shooters as much as I expected. The 10 yr old cried at the end because he was disappointed in himself and thought that he'd let the "team" down. He wasn't demoralized by the razzing.

Was anything said about what the shooters got out of the competition?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast