+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Being from NH myself, I like Linda. She calls a spade a spade, and I've always appreciated that.

I would like to see Linda on Survivor though -- I think she'd kick butt!

Too bad this seemed to get little interest here. I like this week's challenges and feel the show is getting way better than week 1. What I don't understand is the pairing up afterwards. If I was anyone but Dom, instead of leaving it to chance (rock, paper, scissors, naem in a hat, jenga) I would have simply gone to everyone and said, "Look Mark likes this guy....we HAVE to get rid of him". And if I am Dom, I am spending the nite making a case with one of the girls or Spence, even after the Jenga loss. Screw Jenga. But here was Dom promoting the random picking. Mark, I assume, would be disappointed that they wasted a chance to strategize, make alliances, take out strong players for a random game of drunken Jenga. Week 1 was different in my opinion with the Jenga because it was more a "You two lost. Win Jenga and I let you back in". I wonder how much money Mark had in the sack if nobody had selected the $30k. I wish they had said.

I stopped watching after the margaritas, so it looks like Dominic lost Jenga??? Oh I'm sure Mark will twist the rules just so he doesn't lose his golden boy.

Guaranteed.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cwipperman
    Hey guys,I'm from Kansas City and we were on Monday Night Football - so tonights episode was pre-empted by MNF Pre-Game. I have checked my DVR and don't see the show re-scheduled (at least through Friday - that's as far as the internal TV Guide goes). So, I may not get to see this episode.

I understand the gist of the basketball competition, but it's the final competition that is confusing me a little (I'm trying to figure it out from the comments here - but it's still a little sketchy).

Could someone explain exactly what the final competition and who was eliminated (or at least what it looks like will happen because it sounds like a cliff-hanger until next week). Did Dominick (aka Dumbinick) finally go?
    Nice to know they are pre- empting this in KC too. I thought they were just picking on our re-capper. Typical ABC sheite. Manny will give a far superior recap whenever he gets to watch the show, but here's a quickie.

The competition was to form a three on three basketball team . The Benefactor people couldn't play , they had to find the players and show up the next day at the AA centre. The team had to consist of of one man, one woman , and one kid under 12.

When they arrived at the arena , the teams got the full NBA treatment - cheerleaders, light show etc. . Sorry I'm a basketball moron ( but one of my sons is trying to change my hockey obsessed ways with the strike and all) , they were supposed to play a game called horse which morphed into a game called loser. Mark called the shots , and the teams called the players. First one to get 5 successful shots wins.

The kids were great. The kid that lost the game was upset , but Linda to her credit made him feel like it didn't matter at all. Even Mark gave him a big hug and was supportive of them all while shooting.

Dominik lost yet another game of Jenga , but the jury is out whether he's gone for good. Personally of all of the players left in game , I'd like to see him win least. Even over the evil barbie twins.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Nice to know they are pre- empting this in KC too. I thought they were just picking on our re-capper. Typical ABC sheite. Manny will give a far superior recap whenever he gets to watch the show, but here's a quickie. .
    It's the timeslot, Eny (for some people). Last week in DC it was pre-empted for Redskins pregame. So the towns which have the team that plays in the monday night football game is likely to get pre-empted for that team's pregame show.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I would rather see Dominic on the show than rude, crude, and abrasive Linda.
    Agreed!!!! Linda just rubbed me the wrong way last night!!! I have a feeling Linda might be the odd one out instead of Dominic.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyDumb
    My disagreement with you here isn't about whether yelling "loser" is better or worse....I think the fact that they were yelling LOSER at "adults" (used very lightly here) is totally different than yelling and being stupid to a CHILD. .
    I agree, I thought the yelling during the kid's shot was totally classless and uncalled for.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Think of how smart Linda is though... The next task is two teams of two. She chose Spencer as her partner. Should she and Spencer win, the next step would be to put her and Spencer against each other...

And Spencers name was in the envelope to be the one to leave... ???

Picking Spencer as a partner was probably a smart move on her part.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Maybe, maybe not. Spencer would have been the one to go last night had it not been for Kevin, but who's to say that Linda won't do something stupid next show to get her eliminated instead of Spencer? Linda was close to leaving last show and got saved by the other teammates, while Spencer was picked by MC to continue.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moonwell
    The blue team wasn't half as bad as the Silver team walking around shouting LOSER and bragging when they were up. Nothing was better then seeing those idiots shut up when they were tied up.
    Yeah, I was not happy at all when team silver did that (and got karma'd for it too by almost losing ). But that was just to Linda, Kevin, & Spencer and that's part of the game!!! But team blue (especially Linda) acted childish to a child and that was downright wrong. My mom watches this show with me and she thought that what team blue did was absolutely horrendous, cruel, and childish.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast