+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you had $1,000 and 12 hours....

FORT Fogey

If you had $1,000 and 12 hours....

What would you do?

I would have tried to make that $1,000 into $2,000 or more.

There is PLENTY of risk in trying to make money quickly! My forte is antiques, so I probably would have spent that 12-hours scouting the stores looking for some underpriced thing that I could throw up on eBay or resell elsewhere and get back some bucks within a day!

I admire people like Spencer though. I don't have the technological talent to do something like he did. Likewise, I don't have the talent to become a rock star either!

Anyway, what would you do?

Apparently, you don't need talent to become a rock star, at least for a day. All you have to do is find a band and name drop a billionaire.

If I had $1000 given to me I would probably spend it on Beatles collectables, but I know that isn't what Mark Cuban is looking for.

So I would probably end us spending 11 of the 12 hours worrying about what to do in order to impress him.
    (Which is why I would not have made it past the first episode.)

I would have registered as a Personal Chef.. and then made up a business plan and incorporated my personal chef company. THen for my presentation showed everyone my culinary skills.
    My purpose in life is to make a great mother-in-law. Love you Trey!

Apparently, you don't need talent to become a rock star, at least for a day. All you have to do is find a band and name drop a billionaire.
    True, but it was a brilliant move. I thought we were going to see that guy attempting to play the guitar by himself. Now that would have been funny.

What about a day trading on penny stocks for 12 housrs and see how much money your make? If you turned some kind of profit, this might have impressed Mark.
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

See, I would have dropped the $1K in a recording studio and laid down my own tracks that I have yet been able to do as I don't have the money... that's what I would have done.

+ Reply to Thread