+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Benefactor: 9/27/04 Recap – A Fool and His Money

Great Recap...Thank you
    I love this show more and more each week. I hope that there is another season of it.
    The unexpected aspects keep me entertained like none of the other shows can.

Give me more Mark Cuban reality TV and No more of Donald Flump’s Apprentice

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Great recap Manny!

Sorry I'm late to the party, but if you live in the DC area, last Monday you were treated to a pre-game show for Monday night football ('cause the 'Skins were playing), instead of TB. But it aired last night so I waited to read your recap before I saw it last night.

The whole thing was funny, but here were a few of my faves.

Femia is out buying clothes. Wait a minute, here! I thought she was supposed to be starting her own businessight , not updating her wardrobe!

Latane, for some reason, is dressed like a member of Poison or another hair metal band, complete with a long, black, and conspicuously fake wig.

not unlike the variety you can get at Kinko’s for $25.00. Hmm. Perhaps that’s exactly what happened here. I wonder what became of the other $975.00?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Manny-

Kick butt recap. Three thumbs up from this guy!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Count me in on the "I love the recaps" and "I HATE the time slot" bandwagons. My VCR is set to tape it after football (west coast) so if the game runs over, the local after the game show runs over and I'm left missing the last 10 mins of the show and not knowing which of the last two were cut - I did guess correctly, grasshopper. Now I know and thank you very much for the witty recap. I'll just have to reset my VCR to record a 2 hour block and hope the show is on during that time frame. I get up too early in the morning to actually stay up and watch.

I'm also on the "I love the show" wagon also, although it's more of a little red wagon than a bandwagon. I'm amazed at all the hate people have for this show. I think it's great and I love how Mark is just so fired up about everything.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." – B. Russell

Zerfley, if the show came on right after the football game, I wouldn't really mind, but here, it goes like this:

Football, news, Nightline, Jimmy Kimmel, The Insider, Access Hollywood, Frasier, and then The Benefactor. I just can't stay up that late. I do the same thing with the taping of the show, and I also put in a tape when I go to bed and let it run all night as a backup.

Manny, you REALLY are a trooper, having to put up with the awful scheduling AND writing the excellant recaps! for you!

ETA: Isn't there something the network or MCuban can do about this time slot?
    Last edited by leeinsmyrna; 10-04-2004 at 03:57 PM.
    kitty-cats rule!

Holy cow, Mantenna! I knew it came on late for you, but after Access Hollywood?!? Mark Cuban should go medieval on ABC for such a lousy timeslot.

Great recap, Manny "Night Owl" Tenna!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Football, news, Nightline, Jimmy Kimmel, The Insider, Access Hollywood, Frasier, and then The Benefactor.
    That's just crazy. Does ABC just not care?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." – B. Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12