+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Question for MCuban

Question for MCuban

In case you make it back to these boards

Are the producers playing up your love for Dominic or do you honestly think because he is entertaining to you that he deserves to stay in the game at this point?

I was glad to read that I'm not alone in being a little weirded out at your admiration for this bartender and I have been reaching way down to see if maybe you are seeing something I'm not seeing. It seems like all of your blurbs talk about how much fun he is and what a great guy he is, what I see is someone you just gave one thousand dollars to that destroyed it on purpose.

I'm secretly hoping this is the one you referred to as beginning his major lie in this episode. (of course they all seemed a little fishy to me).
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Newbie

Dominic

[QUOTE=GingerLVNV]In case you make it back to these boards

Are the producers playing up your love for Dominic or do you honestly think because he is entertaining to you that he deserves to stay in the game at this point?

I was glad to read that I'm not alone in being a little weirded out at your admiration for this bartender and I have been reaching way down to see if maybe you are seeing something I'm not seeing. It seems like all of your blurbs talk about how much fun he is and what a great guy he is, what I see is someone you just gave one thousand dollars to that destroyed it on purpose.

I really like the guy . For two reasons. He is brutally honest about everything, and he is fearless.

Yes he is vain. He doesnt come across as all that bright. Those make him entertaining. But what has kept hiim in the game is that on everything he has done, he has taken a risk

He knew that if he couldnt finish out his song or if he screwed it up. He would get cut. Yet he went for it.

Look at chris and Christine. Both did something they dreamed of, but there was no risk involved. They were good at it. They had no chance of failure at all in what they choose.

I have rewarded people who have taken risks and have been aggressive in their choices. Things that I think are important

thanks for watching !

Thanks for your honest answer!

I don't think I've ever seen a reality show that is so completely unpredictable and that is probably why I continue to think booting off Dominic is the most reasonable thing to do.

Interesting.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Newbie

Another Question for MCuban

Hi Mark!
    Great show! I love it. I was just wondering how you found the second graders for the second episode. Do you know them personally?

Thanks!

xSKATExORxCRYx
    What I don't understand from the last episode is how the hockey player was selected as a potential finalist, but the cheerleader dancer was not.

Mark said that he wanted people who stepped out of their comfort zone, and obviously both these people did not.

They used $1000, and M Cuban's connections, and basically lived out their own personal dream day. One was hockey, the other was dancing.

How is it that the guy gets a nod, while the woman is told she wasn't doing anything special? It was the same idea! Almost EXACTLY the same thing.

I was actually really disappointed with selection here -- I mean, there is one thing when people say "This is Cuban's show so he gets to decide" but this one actually stunk of favoratism and sexism.

I'm still not sold on the show, and while I've been watching, the only word of mouth I've been giving is bad word of mouth.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest
    Hi Mark!
    Great show! I love it. I was just wondering how you found the second graders for the second episode. Do you know them personally?

Thanks!
    no..we found a local school and interviewed more than 100 kids to find the three kids on the show.

they were great kids too !

FORT Newbie
    because she chose the Dallas Mavericks dancers. I thought that was kissing up too much. She found out from the minute she called that they would bend over backwards to help her. Not suprising given the head of the dance squad works for me.

For Chris, I didnt think he challenged himself enough. He was a hockey player after all, there really wasnt much of a chance he would fail at a hockey workout. However, he had to go through the process of getting the Head Coach of the Dallas Stars to work him out.

NOt an asst coach. Not a scrub player. Getting the head coach of an NHL team to put him through his paces was not easy or simple.. I had never met the coach. He had no obligation to me or the show. So i gaveChris the edge.

m

Quote Originally Posted by stEEvEEdEE
    What I don't understand from the last episode is how the hockey player was selected as a potential finalist, but the cheerleader dancer was not.

Mark said that he wanted people who stepped out of their comfort zone, and obviously both these people did not.

They used $1000, and M Cuban's connections, and basically lived out their own personal dream day. One was hockey, the other was dancing.

How is it that the guy gets a nod, while the woman is told she wasn't doing anything special? It was the same idea! Almost EXACTLY the same thing.

I was actually really disappointed with selection here -- I mean, there is one thing when people say "This is Cuban's show so he gets to decide" but this one actually stunk of favoratism and sexism.

I'm still not sold on the show, and while I've been watching, the only word of mouth I've been giving is bad word of mouth.

FORT Fogey
    This is just a suggestion -- but if you do this show again, try to find a few more Spencers. If you had 3 really tech-type guys on this show, gawd only knows what they could have come up with. Getting a patent was a cool idea, but if Spencer had had some direct competition, he might have come up with something even more imaginative.

I hope the show will be around for another season, but I hope it has a better *plot* next time.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    This is just a suggestion -- but if you do this show again, try to find a few more Spencers. If you had 3 really tech-type guys on this show, gawd only knows what they could have come up with. Getting a patent was a cool idea, but if Spencer had had some direct competition, he might have come up with something even more imaginative.

I hope the show will be around for another season, but I hope it has a better *plot* next time.

Yeah.... and let us know when you are doing the selection process.... my name is already on the check .

FORT Fogey
    cwipperman,

I like the idea of the show, but I don't like the execution so far.

I started out in college as a Radio/Television major. I switched to Journalism really fast. Radio and television have too many people who want to be stars. In Journalism, people only seem to worry about the truth!

The first two episodes sucked. The third episode was actually pretty good.

If this show is to continue, I would consider making changes.

One is that I would have less contestants and cut out less each episode.

I'd forget about the lessons in each show.

I'd get a greater group of people -- some of them in their twenties, but I would include someone 60+ too. I really think diversity rules in these reality game shows. Look at how many people rooted for Charla and Mirna in the Amazing Race. I went to a college where we had the oldest homecoming queen ever elected. She was well over 60 and got to appear on the Tonight show with Johnny Carson. People like unusual contestants! I think this show would be much cooler if they had people who are 20, 30, 40, 50 and even 60 in the mix.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts on the whole thing. So far, I keep watching it because there isn't much else on TV in this time slot.

I'd love to see a second season for this show -- but I think it needs a lot to polish it up. I think the show needs more Marios and more Spencers.

Also, I think the 12-hour $1,000 shot was too short. I would have been nice if the participants had been allowed 24 hours at the very least. I want to see big plans -- not something like Shawns book!

I'd be more benevolent... After all, isn't that what being the "benefactor" is all about? I'd forget about the stupid lessons. I'd state up front that I want to give $1,000,000 away -- and I want to give it to the best person -- then I would start showcasing the people.

You could actually get away with not firing anyone the first couple of shows. (If you had a smaller pool of people.) There is so much you could do with a $1,000,000 prize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast