+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Question for MCuban

I'm still volunteering to be Mark's assistant. I like this show. I don't like Linda, I don't see how Dom can win, and I'm rooting for Femia. Linda is too caustic-if she called me to get something, she'd have to say "please" real nice. My idea of Dom is that he is a slow starter who is real laid back. Femia seems to be a go getter who can be decent, but gets the job done. BUT, I think I should be his assistant!

FORT Fogey
    Great show Mark. Thanks.

Just wanted to let you know Mark I watched every episode that was shown, and still feel I missed so much *coughABCcough* I was looking forward to seeing your new hair colour and how it came to be, we saw Linda's house and noone elses, that sucked.

My question to you is how much, if any control did you have on the last few episodes in terms of editing?

I would watch Benefactor 2 but Im thinking that it would have to be far far away from ABC. I think you & the fans were cheated by ABC cutting out so many episodes.

I agree with IMA. The first half last night was like watching a recap, but it was new information.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

FORT Fogey
    Now that this is completed. Would you have made eliminations in a different order had you seen the diary talks as they happened? Who in these talks came across very differently than your experience of them at the time?

FORT Regular

Mark " Apologize"

Mr. Cuban,

I want to apologize for not giving you the credit to have the forsight to see through Linda. My co-workers and I had a vote to the end that you were going to reward the money to Linda. You appeared as though you wre so taken back by her and admired her so much. We could see though her personality.

I have so glad that you rewarded the money to "FEMIA". She deserved it.

However, we want to know just why the station is not picking up your show again? I work here at the U of C and we just loved your show. I personally enjoyed your show much more than the APprentice. I watched the 1st Apprentice and that was it. Never again. Donald Trump is to political and arrogant.

Again, a wondeful show. Maybe with a little workover you can come back again. OK.
    Try it, it just might work.

Thanks
    Mable J

Mr Cuban,

Let me say that although I did watch most of your show and found it to be quite entertaining at times, I was very disappointed in your finale. Your choice of Dominic as the Golden boy throughout the show sullied it for me. When Femia, Dominic and Tiffaney chose to play Jenga to see who would remain, THAT test result should have stood. Dominic LOST and should have STAYED eliminated, but you chose to not only bring him back, but to REWARD him with a trip with his best friend.

The ONLY reason I could think of is that you needed a big FINALE, and you wouldn't get it with Femia and any other person except Linda. But since Linda was disqualified, you HAD to keep Dominic around. To give Femia the check, appeased a segment of the reality tv show audience that sometimes feels left out as winners of reality tv shows, (African Americans). But to then turn around and tell Dominic that I will still take care of you smacks of favoritism. Femia won and deservedly so, but the editors chose to show the most disparaging comments that she made against Dominic while she was still basking in the glory of her "win". I saw that as a backhanded slap.

I am an African American woman also. While I believe your heart was in the right place, the show's editing made you seem egotistical and masochistic.

The ending was very PC. ABC got its heart warming finale and residual ratings. But they have lost me as a viewer for any sequel of this show. Oh, by the way, I just checked your web site, Femia doesn't even rate a PHOTO on the HOME PAGE as the winner? Wow.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

While I believe your heart was in the right place, the show's editing made you seem egotistical and masochistic.
    Sorry, I meant sadistic.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

I also watched every episode and really liked the show. I was very excited about Femia winning. I agreed with Mark when he described her 60 second answer to why she should be the winner as jaw-dropping. Very impressive, persausive and concise. Great ending, although I wish we could have seen all three trips home.

Oh, a question for Mark: I thought I read somewhere that one of the people turned out to have a split personality, and the family and/or friends confirmed it, who was it?
    Last edited by octobergirl; 10-27-2004 at 03:51 AM.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    Mr Cuban,
    The ONLY reason I could think of is that you needed a big FINALE, and you wouldn't get it with Femia and any other person except Linda. But since Linda was disqualified, you HAD to keep Dominic around.
    The ending was very PC.
    He did not know he would disqualify Linda for lying when he kept Dominic in the game. That did not happen until the home visit, long after the Jenga game.

PC ending? Because Femia is African American? You think he chose her to be PC? egad.

+ Reply to Thread